MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They literally presented an activity log that was emailed to Proctor. They discussed that if something had been deleted by KR it would have shown on that activity log. Not much room for interpretation there. JMO
Then why oh why was the defense objecting ?

Why is it suspicious? The CW already had a witness testify that nothing was deleted from JOKs Ring. They also had the children living in the same house testify KR didn’t have access to the Ring camera. So, yeah, highly not suspicious.
Proctor obtained Ring footage, Bukhenik testifies

At defense attorney Alan Jackson’s prompting, Bukhenik confirmed that State Police Trooper Michael Proctor was the one to draft a search warrant for the Ring footage from O’Keefe’s home. He testified that investigators also spoke with Ring about obtaining an activity log that would show who logged into O’Keefe’s Ring account and accessed the account’s data.

“When you reviewed those activity logs, there was no evidence revealed that my client ever logged into that account, correct?” Jackson asked on cross-examination.

“There was no activity logs provided by Ring,” Bukhenik testified.

Jackson offered Bukhenik a document he said indicated State Police received account information, video recordings, and “activity logs associated with the video recordings” from Ring. Bukhenik noted that the document also stated that Ring provided said data “to the extent of its availability.”

I was lead to believe that there was a huge conspiracy and EVERYONE involved was one big family with PROCTOR sitting at the head ….
They were ALL insiders and KAREN was the outsider they all decided to frame ..

If I were sitting on the jury - I’d feel very LIED to right about now.

SO WHERE ARE THE MISSING VIDEO’S ??

Children believed she couldn’t access

Karen is very resourceful - I don’t doubt for a second she did not have access

Having access to the Internet/not having access is a question. She probably did have the access to the home Internet because she initially “came to stay.” If there were two separate internets, even if JO didn’t use the word P$$word1, once you get the naming principle, and it seldom changes, you got it.

It is a long conversation how people who shouldn’t have the access to something have it, usually either because the tenants of the house or the workers do things half$$$ed. I was on the verge of suing a major bank for giving someone an access to something mine. I am the only owner, they shouldn’t have done it. But, humans. During Covid. I don’t know how much leeway I have with the bank.

I was lead to believe that there was a huge conspiracy and EVERYONE involved was one big family with PROCTOR sitting at the head ….
They were ALL insiders and KAREN was the outsider they all decided to frame ..

If I were sitting on the jury - I’d feel very LIED to right about now.

Nah. Nobody said that. I guess the good ol' boy network that helped out Alex Murdaugh was all made up too, since it's so hard to imagine a conspiracy involving a small community and certain other aspects. If I were a juror, I'd feel very lied to by the prosecution. They presented a mirrored video and never even brought up the fact it was mirrored. Tried to pass it off as the actual view. That is lying to a juror.

If I were sitting on the jury, I'd feel lied to by the CW but more importantly I'd realize that the defense hasn't presented their case yet NOR have they had a chance to cross examine Proctor.

That's the equivalent of watching the first half of a football game in which the Philadephia Eagles are winning, and then declaring they've won the game even though it's halftime and there's still an entire second half to play.

JMO

My understanding - what came through that testimony was video could only be deleted through his computer at home or his cell phone app.
But the cellphone app usually has a password or biometrics (won’t work given the circumstances.)

Now. Could a jealous woman (we know from Aruba) have the access to his computer? Likely. Could a smart and probably tech-savvy woman have access? Yes. Are the kids always at home? No. Chances are, she didn’t have access to his computer after he was found, but if their phones were on the same plan, and iPhones, she could have had more access that we think. It is the cloud, not the peripheral devices.

Here is opening statement according to reporter x.com perspective.

The state’s opening statement April 29

Prosecutor Adam Lally walks up to the lectern facing the jury and begins his opening statement.

Lally says he intends to provide a road map of the case. He begins by talking about the life of victim John O'Keefe, including how he took custody of his young niece and nephew after their parents died.

Lally says O'Keefe got help raising kids from neighbors and from his co-workers at the Boston Police Dept. Niece was 14 and nephew was 11 when O'Keefe died.

Lally begins discussing Jan 28, 2022. He says the forecast called for a snowstorm and many activities in Canton were cancelled.

With his niece and nephew staying with friends, O'Keefe went out with friends to go drinking at a local bar. Karen Read joined them just before 9pm.

Lally says O'Keefe and Read had met in 2004, reconnected several years later and started dating. In the months leading up to his death, "the relationship suffered," Lally says.

At about 6am, Canton police received 911 call that a body had been found outside 34 Fairview Road in Canton.

The first officers arrive on scene and see three women standing near the left side of the front yard near a flagpole, fire hydrant and the body. Read is one of the three.

Lally says first responders heard Read repeatedly say, "I hit him. I hit him. I hit him.”

Lally says there were six inches of snow on O'Keefe's body and grass underneath him.

O'Keefe was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital but could not be saved. Read was also taken to the hospital. Witnesses say Read told them the last time she saw O'Keefe they had an argument.

Lally says police dash camera video shows damage to one of the taillights on Read's SUV.

Lally says a bartender and some customers at the Waterfall bar will testify about seeing Read climb into the driver's side of her SUV.

Christopher and Julie Albert were also present at the Waterfall with several family members.

Lally says it started to snow just after midnight. Brian Albert and Nicole Albert head to their home at 34 Fairview Rd and invite others to join them there, including John O’Keefe.

Couple witnesses arrive in pickup at the house at the same time as Read in her black Lexus SUV. Witnesses in pickup and in house say they saw Read's SUV move up along street and stop near fire hydrant.

Lally says no witnesses ever saw anybody get out of Read's SUV. None of them saw John O'Keefe go into the house.

Lally says Jennifer McCabe got a phone call from O'Keefe's niece at about 3am. Niece then passed phone to Read who tells McCabe that O'Keefe never came home.

Lally says Read drove around calling people asking where O'Keefe is. Read came to McCabe's home. Read shows damage to her right taillight. McCabe drives Read in Read's SUV to 34 Fairview Rd. "The defendant is the only one who sees Mr. O'Keefe", Lally says.

Lally says Read got out of SUV and "made a beeline" to where O'Keefe's body is.

Lally says a cell phone is used to search internet for how long it takes for a person to die in the cold. He says jurors will hear dispute about when that search was made.

Lally says hospital staff from Good Samaritan will testify.

Lally says jurors will hear about O'Keefe and Read's family trip to Aruba. A woman who knows O'Keefe says Read began yelling and swearing at her in the lobby. Lally says niece and nephew witnessed "20-minute screaming match" in hotel room.

Lally says Read sent "amorous" text messages to another man insisting O'Keefe was cheating on her.

Lally says phone records will show Read first started driving toward Fairview Road before going to McCabe's house.

Lally says investigators will testify that SUV's data will show it traveled in reverse at approximately 24.2 mph while in front of the house.

Lally says a sneaker and piece of taillight are discovered in part of the front yard. Says a cocktail glass was found on rear bumper of SUV, along with a human hair.

Lally says pieces of taillight were found on O'Keefe's body and O'Keefe's DNA was found on taillight.

Lally says the human hair found on the bumper belonged to O’Keefe.

Lally says workers from medical examiners will testify about an injury to the back of O'Keefe's head.

Lally's manner has been very matter of fact during his opening statement. Read is sitting about four feet behind Lally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member