MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Random question: Does anyone know for certain where the policy for keeping jurors identity secret. Is it a law, or in the Constitution somewhere or something like that? Or do they just do it for obvious reasons, which would be to protect them from having their identities release and harassed etc..

I am only asking this because I am curious about the legal ramifications about it, i.e. if a juror is "outed" can a mistrial occur or are there any legal ramifications for the camera operator. I get it because it's on TV, however, the jurors are not kept from view inside the actual courtroom, as everyone there can see them and it is a public setting (albeit limited seating.)

@TedDanielnews

Court resumes and judge calls both sides to bench

Jury entering. There is an empty seat where the juror who was shown on camera was sitting. Judge says there are good reasons for her to be excused for personal reasons

We finally begin. ADA Lally calls state's cell phone expert Jessica Hyde to the stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member