MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now see, I see that as the defenses fault. They put this out there, knowing it would be disputed so of course the prosecution has to prove the time, other wise it looks like it’s true.
I don't know if you've ever watched a criminal trial before, but putting forth an alternative theory of the crime is kind of what defense attorneys do. I find it absurd to claim it's the defense's fault for doing their job.

People generally expect the DA to put forth a cogent theory of the crime that they can prove beyond a reasonable doubt. In courtrooms across this country, prosecutors do this every day and they get convictions the vast majority of the time.

Lally has not been able to do that. Deflecting defense arguments will not get him a conviction. It's clear at this point that the commonwealth can't prove their case and they should have never brought this to trial.

This can't be stated enough. It is CRAZY that the prosecution has called a witness to discuss the search habits of a supposed third-party. We haven't even been told how JO died yet!

I have almost given up at this point being told how JO died. I would have thought that would have been one of the very first things testified to in this trial since it's a murder trial and all that.

She is very well spoken. The camera angle doesn’t matter. I always find it off putting to read comments on a persons looks when they aren’t part of the evidence.
To be clear, I never commented on the witness's looks. Just that it's an unflattering angle for anyone on the stand. Not even a supermodel would look good on that video feed.

To be clear, I never commented on the witness's looks. Just that it's an unflattering angle for anyone on the stand. Not even a supermodel would look good on that video feed.

I knew what you meant, and totally agree! No woman, ever, would be happy about that angle. And probably most men, although if you've ever been on a dating app over the age of 40, you'd definitely wonder about that.

IMO MOO

I don't know if you've ever watched a criminal trial before, but putting forth an alternative theory of the crime is kind of what defense attorneys do. I find it absurd to claim it's the defense's fault for doing their job.

People generally expect the DA to put forth a cogent theory of the crime that they can prove beyond a reasonable doubt. In courtrooms across this country, prosecutors do this every day and they get convictions the vast majority of the time.

Lally has not been able to do that. Deflecting defense arguments will not get him a conviction. It's clear at this point that the commonwealth can't prove their case and they should have never brought this to trial.
Agree but Lally has to defend the accusations the defense put out there in this case.

I'm not able to watch at the moment. It looks there has been plenty of evidence from the witness about how the recorded time could be wrong. Has there been any evidence as to why the 2:27 search is marked as "Deleted" yet?

She has basically said....something else.....can be confused with deletion....it's a common error even in articles she's peer reviewing, etc. If I understand right.

IMO MOO

I'm not able to watch at the moment. It looks there has been plenty of evidence from the witness about how the recorded time could be wrong. Has there been any evidence as to why the 2:27 search is marked as "Deleted" yet?
If I'm understanding the witness correctly, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, she is essentially claiming that a "deletion" can be when the operator closed out a tab, not necessarily when they deleted something.

Apologies if I missed this explained, but how can they use this “tab” theory to disprove the 2:27a search time, but are able to so confidently say what time the other 2 searches happened? If the 2:27a isn’t accurate, why can’t they give the exact time that search was queried, if they can for the other 2?
I think she would argue that because this search was done on an open tab, she can't tell. I assume the other searches were done on new tabs. The defense has their own experts and I think someone from Google, so I'm not going to conclude anything yet.

Last edited:
Agree but Lally has to defend the accusations the defense put out there in this case.

But the defense hasn't even presented their case yet. He's defending their own witnesses AGAIN. He's been doing that since day 1 of the trial. I'm still waiting for him to show KR deleted Ring camera footage like he said in his openings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member