Identified! MA - Provincetown, Race Point, 'Lady in the Dunes' WhtFem 27-49, UP11840, Jul'74 - Ruth Marie Terry

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

So, he was involved in a lawsuit with his brother over property in New Mexico (a year after RMT was found)?
Sorry, I can't snip... but the eagle eyes here have probably seen it.

Las Vegas Optic newspaper notice dated 11/18/1975

GUY MULDAVIN, Plntiff vs. SAMYON MULDAVIN. aka, MICHAEL MULDAVIN. AND UNKNOWN OWNERS OR PROPRIETORS OF THE PREMISES AND UNKNOWN HEIRS INTERESTED IN THE PREMISES.

ETA: Appears even Ann Rule was onto him in

Smoke, Mirrors And Murder: And Other True Cases

Last edited by a moderator:

Rockwell Guy Muldavin, aka Raoul Guy Rockwell, was adopted by Abram Albert Zadworanski Muldavin (1894-1967) and Sylvia 'Lily' Silverblatt (1902-1972), and had a brother Michael Semyon J. Muldavin (1920-2005). The are numerous birthdates of Guy, but it is likely he was born on either October 26th or 27th in Brooklyn New York.
In 1942 Guy was living in Manhattan New York and attending the American Academy of Dramatic Arts. He was disqualified from active service in the military due to a mastoid infection.
Manzanita had a daughter from a previous marriage, Dolores Ann Mearns who was 18 at the time, when she and her mother disappeared on April Fools day in 1960. Guy was a prime suspect when they found Manzanita and her daughter's body Dolores in the septic tank of the couple's home in Seattle. See Rockwell Asks to Talk With Catholic Priest for details.

Holy guacamole!! This is amazing.

I'm intrigued by the detail about Ruth's aliases. What was her life like at the time she met Muldavin? Perhaps she was useful to him in some way, as it appears his other victims were. It seems like she must have been vulnerable. Unfortunately, that's the appeal for men like this, as they can be easily charmed and manipulated -- and apparently isolated from their families and "disposed of" as well. The words I'd use for these men go against the TOS, but you all can use your imagination and I'm sure we all feel the same way.

Some of Ann Rule's chapter about him is available in Google Books. It actually mentions Ruth. It says, "Public records show that a man named Guy R. Muldavin was married on February 16, 1974, to a woman named Teri in Washoe County, Nevada." Also from the book, in his interview with LE about the murders of his wife and stepdaughter, "They are dead, and I'm alive, and that's what's important."

Also worth noting, he destroyed the bodies of his wife and stepdaughter so thoroughly that they were unable to charge him with murder. I have no doubt he murdered Ruth and tried to do the same thing to her, given the level of mutilation of her body. He succeeded in destroying her identity for nearly fifty years -- I've never been more impressed with Othram!!

In the news link I posted above, one witness did concede there were few dealers in the Seattle area who knew more about Indian artifacts (than Guy). The link also indicates quite a difference between Guy and his foster brother (who was a prominent economist and reported Harvard Law grad). It seems Guy's relationship with RMT was relatively short, but then again, none of his relationships appear to have been lengthy (and more akin to marry, murder, mutilate). jmo

ETA: I did read that at least one of the foster brothers attended Pomfret School in CT

Last edited:
''Investigators are asking anyone with information about the whereabouts of Terry or Muldavin in New England in 1973 or 1974 to contact them.

rbbm
''Muldavin, described as an antiques dealer who also used the names Raoul Guy Rockwell and Guy Muldavin Rockwell, was a suspect in the deaths of a previous wife and a stepdaughter in Seattle in 1960, according to media reports at the time. He was caught in New York City and charged with “unlawful flight.” He died in California in 2002, according to his obituary.''

''Guy's obituary says that he was born in Santa Fe, New Mexico on October 26th 1923, but there are other records which show his birth date and location being in December New York. In his early years while living with his adopted parents he travelled extensively across the world while his home was in Manhattan New York. As he became an adult he spent a significant amount of time living in various locations in and around Seattle Washington, Los Angeles and Humboldt County California, and lived the last 22 years in Salinas California.''
''Guy Muldavin went by many names. He was adopted and lived a rather privileged life in his early years. He was married at least 6 times, is connected to possibly 5 murders, and had a history of borrowing money without repayment.''

''Muldavin, who was schooled in Switzerland, New York, and Connecticut as well as tutored privately on his family cattle ranch at Tibera, N. M., divorced Manzanita in Seattle July 26 on a desertion charge and married Miss Emerson July 22. Five days later, police charged, he received a cashier's check for $10,000 from her stepmother, Mrs. Germaine Winkler, to buy antiques for quick resale in Canada.''

Guy was a prime suspect when they found Manzanita and her daughter's body Dolores in the septic tank of the couple's home in Seattle. See Rockwell Asks to Talk With Catholic Priest for details. Shortly after, Guy married Evelyn Marie (Rockwell) Emerson (born 1919) on July 29th 1960 in King County Washington, and they married again a second time on August 10th 1963 in Los Angeles. This time using the name "Guy R. Muldavin" which his adopted parents had given him. The marriage did not last, and he married twice again - once on February 16th 1974 to Teri Marie Vizina (real name Ruth Marie Terry) in Reno Nevada, and then again to Phyllis Roper on October 18th 1975 in Los Angeles. The marriage with Phyllis lasted until Guy's death in 2002. See Guy Muldavin: Obituary.

Wow this guy was everywhere. I wonder how many other women he killed that nobody has a clue about.

Last edited:
Have to look around for pics of GRM's ex- wives to see if he had a ''type'' to keep in mind when looking at other missing/murdered cases, NY and Canada in particular caught my eye.
Wondering if GRM's foray into Canada to sell antiques brought him into contact with this Canadian killer/rapist antiques dealer?
''A young Vancouver woman is tied to a tree and sexually assaulted for 9 straight days just yards away from the busiest highway in Canada. A wealthy Ontario realtor and his wife are found murdered in the trunk of their car. Behind it all, a reclusive loner named David Snow. Snow's passion for antiques is so intense that it sends him down a violent path ''

Hmmm. Age (and name - Guy Rockwell Muldavin) matches this individual they are seeking information on. His previous wife and daughter were found mutilated and deceased n their Seattle home in 1960 for which he was being sought. This article lists him aged 37 at the time (1960) of their deaths giving him a birthdate in 1923 which synchs up with the DOB (1923) given for him in the State Police Bulletin linked in your post.

Madera Tribune, Volume 69, Number 140, 1 December 1960​

Article on Page 2:, "Once Wealthy Antique Dealer Sought in Disappearance of Wife" ...
lol this is the second time madera tribune had some big news on newspapers.com (i grew up in madera)

Have to look around for pics of GRM's ex- wives to see if he had a ''type'' to keep in mind when looking at other missing/murdered cases, NY and Canada in particular caught my eye.
Wondering if GRM's foray into Canada to sell antiques brought him into contact with this Canadian killer/rapist antiques dealer?
''A young Vancouver woman is tied to a tree and sexually assaulted for 9 straight days just yards away from the busiest highway in Canada. A wealthy Ontario realtor and his wife are found murdered in the trunk of their car. Behind it all, a reclusive loner named David Snow. Snow's passion for antiques is so intense that it sends him down a violent path ''

Yes good idea to seee he had a type.. it was 14 years from the time he killed his wife and daughter to the time he killed Ruth. Oh this guy totally needs a timeline.

His wife and stepdaughter in Seattle, 1960. What were the other murders he was connected with—besides Ruth, of course?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back