MA MA - Sandra Crispo, 54, Hanson, 7 Aug 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It seems like the same theories keep getting repeated. Anyone familiar with Occam's Razor knows that the simplest answer may be the right answer. If you look at solved cases, the solution is often blatantly obvious after the fact. It's not that complicated. The hard part after solving the crime is getting enough evidence to convict.
The perp rapes SC or at least attempts to. Perhaps SC fought back while he was on top of her in bed. Perhaps he then decided to strangle her even though he had no prior intent on doing that. Perhaps he wore a face covering that came off and SC blurted that out, "You're one of the guys from the shop." Now his crime has escalated from rape to homicide. Fast, think!

I don't agree this is the simplest answer as rapists don't tend to take their victims with them, dead or alive. Why risk being caught with a body and evidence in your car? And if an intruder accidentally killed her during an assault, one would assume there would be at least a fair amount of evidence in the house. There isn't, and the original story was that one - just one - bed slat was down. It appears Sandra's bed was traditional with a box spring (photos from Quincy house), so I'm not sure how a (related) small blood spray would end up under the mattress and box spring.

Keep in mind also that while Sandra's house is essentially on a dead end dirt path, it is far from isolated with a number of very nearby houses. It's the sort of location where neighbors would make of note of strange cars and noises, if only because not much probably happens there.

Personally, I don't think anything happened in the house. The police seem to agree. Could she have been abducted a gun point? Yes, for sure, but facing a boring evening at home with no car, I think it's more likely she left voluntarily and ended up in a bad situation.

It seems like the same theories keep getting repeated. Anyone familiar with Occam's Razor knows that the simplest answer may be the right answer. If you look at solved cases, the solution is often blatantly obvious after the fact. It's not that complicated. The hard part after solving the crime is getting enough evidence to convict.

There is no evidence that this was a burglary (nothing stolen).

While there may be all kinds of theories on why SC left her house and disappeared, none make any sense, except abduction. However, there was no ransom request. And it's highly unlikely that someone of SC's age would be abducted for any other reason.

The only disturbance appears to be to the bed. The mattress was out of place and bedsheet(s) were MISSING. This seems to indicate a possible rape followed by removal of DNA evidence.

The usual suspects are people close to the victim. However, it sounds like those have been ruled out. While it's possible that this was purely random, that is very unlikely. The perp could then be someone who SC ran into "recently."

Who might have just seen SC earlier that day and decided she would be his rape victim that evening? See where this is going?

Here's the scenario. The perp works at the car shop where SC just dropped off her car. He may have overheard small talk going on between SC, her son-in-law and grandchildren similar to: "I'll take you home." "Laina will drop the boys off at your house on Friday." You get the idea? The perp learns that SC lives alone. He looks at the work order and sees her address. That evening he goes to SC's house and easily gains entry by giving her some story: "Your car is ready, and I can take you to pick it up now if you like." Door opens to continue the conversation.

The perp rapes SC or at least attempts to. Perhaps SC fought back while he was on top of her in bed. Perhaps he then decided to strangle her even though he had no prior intent on doing that. Perhaps he wore a face covering that came off and SC blurted that out, "You're one of the guys from the shop." Now his crime has escalated from rape to homicide. Fast, think!

How to get rid of the evidence? Remove the bedsheet which has his DNA. Remove SC's body which also has his DNA. This guy is smart enough to realize that to make the house not look like a crime scene, he needs to also grab SC's shoes and purse to make it look like she left the house. This way, when she turns up missing, it will appear that something happened to SC away from the house. This is exactly what happened with the police. They did NOT label the house as a crime scene. Hence, all the crazy theories about running away, suicide, etc., none of which make sense.

I'm sure the detectives looked at this type of scenario or variations thereof. Why no arrest? Not enough evidence to convict. If they haven't considered the perp possibly being from the car shop, shame on them! They should read this thread. QED

I look forward to comments, feedback, and holes in this scenario.
Interesting but it’s known via her sil that Sandra did not go in the shop. She went into the truck and waited for the sil bring the keys in and check in. The daughter laina explained her mother wouldn’t open the door to a stranger. Also the houses are in close proximity. Are you familiar to this area where Sandra’s house was? It appears someone was looking for something. I believe the simplest answer is usually the answer. Typically asked - who was the last person with Sandra!

Last edited:
Interesting but it’s known via her sil that Sandra did not go in the shop. She went into the truck and waited for the sil bring the keys in and check in. The daughter laina explained her mother wouldn’t open the door to a stranger. Also the houses are in close proximity. Are you familiar to this area where Sandra’s house was? It appears someone was looking for something. I believe the simplest answer is usually the answer. Typically asked - who was the last person with Sandra!
Someone or someones that knew exactly where she lived and as far as we know still, no one came forward saying they saw or heard anything, vehicle there after dropped off , voices raised, nothing. Hopefully someone did that was part of that jammed in neighborhood, eventually, and it helps gather the evidence needed more so.

The simplest explanation is that Sandra left voluntarily. She walked out of the house on her own volition. IMO, she left to do something, walk to the store perhaps or meet someone out at the main road.

I considered whether Sandra took off, walking away from her life in Hanson. She'd been uprooted from her familiar environment in Quincy and now lived in new unfamiliar area. The daughter she'd been estranged from for years and her son-in-law now controlled most aspects of her life. I wonder whether Sandra felt isolated and restricted in Hanson. Babysitting 3 young grandchildren for such long days may have been rewarding initially. But when it becomes an obligation, the caregiver may become resentful. The enormous work of caring for and entertaining a preschooler, a toddler, and a baby would become a grind. The summer heat and the gravel yard/driveway may have limited play time outside, making for an isolated and tiring routine for Grandma.

My opinion, though, is that Sandra intended to return. The reason is the dog. A responsible owner would not leave a dog she loved knowing he'd be alone in the house for a day and a half. The caveat is whether Sandra was attached to the dog or resented him. Did she get the dog after she moved to Hanson? Was the dog something Sandra wanted or something family members arranged for her? That's the only scenario I can see Sandra walking away from her life without regard for the dog's welfare.

Once Sandra left her yard, though, all other possibilities have to be considered. She could have been killed in a hit and run, overdosed, or murdered. All MOO.

The simplest explanation is that Sandra left voluntarily. She walked out of the house on her own volition. IMO, she left to do something, walk to the store perhaps or meet someone out at the main road.

I agree. She left on her own - or with someone - intending to return in a short while.

I know her daughter said she did not have any substance abuse issues, but I'm not sure this means she didn't drink. There is a liquor store on Route 58 (Monponsett Street), just a six minute walk from Sandra's house. It's just over the Hanson line in Halifax, and I assume the police checked with them and pulled any video they might have, but I suppose there is a chance Sandra left on foot with this as a destination.

I don't agree this is the simplest answer as rapists don't tend to take their victims with them, dead or alive. Why risk being caught with a body and evidence in your car? And if an intruder accidentally killed her during an assault, one would assume there would be at least a fair amount of evidence in the house. There isn't, and the original story was that one - just one - bed slat was down. It appears Sandra's bed was traditional with a box spring (photos from Quincy house), so I'm not sure how a (related) small blood spray would end up under the mattress and box spring.

Keep in mind also that while Sandra's house is essentially on a dead end dirt path, it is far from isolated with a number of very nearby houses. It's the sort of location where neighbors would make of note of strange cars and noises, if only because not much probably happens there.

Personally, I don't think anything happened in the house. The police seem to agree. Could she have been abducted a gun point? Yes, for sure, but facing a boring evening at home with no car, I think it's more likely she left voluntarily and ended up in a bad situation.
Maybe it was a large blood spray? Who knows if they used liminal vs what was visable to whoever said a small spray of blood.

Maybe it was a large blood spray? Who knows if they used liminal vs what was visable to whoever said a small spray of blood.
I HOPE luminol was used throughout the house. LE would have that information for a long while now and whose it was, even if small spatters here and there. It's the proving that it's from a person that normally wouldn't be there, with some sort of wound. Hard to prove criminal action/ intent if from a person that has been there before for whatever reason. LE knows all of the results but hopefully can tell how old the blood spatters were to try to pinpoint a time when blood was dropped around the house, small as it sounds so far. Also comparing blood types if they have any suspects they can apply it to. If a person is a felon they'd have their DNA on file at least.

going back over everything that has been reported, posted, shared here and there... still leads to the same conclusion IMO, that can't be discussed here. It may take a long time still, to build a case, but the truth will come out. And those who really loved Sandra (and those of us who came to care about her after death) will know.

going back over everything that has been reported, posted, shared here and there... still leads to the same conclusion IMO, that can't be discussed here. It may take a long time still, to build a case, but the truth will come out. And those who really loved Sandra (and those of us who came to care about her after death) will know.
Where did you see Sandra was confirmed deceased?

Where did you see Sandra was confirmed deceased?

Wouldn’t that be great. Then she can tell us the truth and get her house back !
I don't remember a reward offered for information. I think that would of gotten anyone not involved directly but someone that might of overheard something or had suspicions that might of come forward to police. Money was available. Maybe even now it would be very helpful. Just surprised me never seeing a reward offered for information in this kind of case at least initially.

I don't remember a reward offered for information. I think that would of gotten anyone not involved directly but someone that might of overheard something or had suspicions that might of come forward to police. Money was available. Maybe even now it would be very helpful. Just surprised me never seeing a reward offered for information in this kind of case at least initially.
To my knowledge, Crime Stoppers and the like will only offer a reward or become involved when there is evidence that a felony-level crime has occurred. I'm not sure there is that, in Sandra's disappearance. And they may only pay out when the information leads to an arrest or a conviction.

The family could have tried to offer a reward on their own, but to be honest (just my opinion), LE are often against it, because how do you gauge which information is credible?

This article states Department of Justice guidelines for monetary rewards when a child is missing, so a different situation than Sandra's disappearance, but it is informative as to the various complex legal issues that are involved when a family elects to offer a private reward in a missing person case - I feel like, based on this information, that if Sandra's family had any legal or LE advice about a monetary reward, they might have been advised not to. JMO

Where did we see or hear that there was blood spray at all? Not police or detectives right?? We've heard nothing ever I think that was from them. We won't most likely till they make an arrest or have an indictment on someone/ or more. Just thinking back about the 'blood' found later by daughter. Who /what knows that might be being 'spun'. LE wouldn't say anything at all otherwise prob. to dispute or confirm someone's story.

Where did we see or hear that there was blood spray at all? Not police or detectives right?? We've heard nothing ever I think that was from them. We won't most likely till they make an arrest or have an indictment on someone/ or more. Just thinking back about the 'blood' found later by daughter. Who /what knows that might be being 'spun'. LE wouldn't say anything at all otherwise prob. to dispute or confirm someone's story.
Only thing said by le except ‘nothing new’ but Sandra’s daughter has said on the vanished podcast forensic evidence found. Both local and state police have never declared this case anything but a missing person investigation. Sandra’s daughter is pointing to Sandra’s house as a crime scene though. Not sure why she would insist this yet police have not and since allowed the daughters mil to occupy Sandra’s home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainsilversquirrel
Back