Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't know. It's just a waiting game, and in the void you have the media speculating, the McCanns making a statement and then hours later contradicting themselves and no real evidence of anything.

I've cried so much for this little girl, and I don't even know her. I can't stand the thought that she's most likely dead, and it tears me up inside that if she is, she didn't even get a proper burial. For someone to throw her in the ocean or put her under a rock or few inches of dirt is just sick. I don't understand how a merciful God, with all the people who are praying for Madeleine, won't answer our prayers and help people find her. Bring her home, whether alive to her family or dead so she can at least be grieved for properly.

This may be a wild far off small chance sort of thought but: Someone mentioned the landscape and low tides etc. Any old smuggling caves or just plain caves in the area that might be reached at a low tide?

I honestly don't know. It's just a waiting game, and in the void you have the media speculating, the McCanns making a statement and then hours later contradicting themselves and no real evidence of anything.

I've cried so much for this little girl, and I don't even know her. I can't stand the thought that she's most likely dead, and it tears me up inside that if she is, she didn't even get a proper burial. For someone to throw her in the ocean or put her under a rock or few inches of dirt is just sick. I don't understand how a merciful God, with all the people who are praying for Madeleine, won't answer our prayers and help people find her. Bring her home, whether alive to her family or dead so she can at least be grieved for properly.
I have cried for Madelaine like you Calikid, god help me if it was my child, they would have to committ me into a mental institution, its good to get these feelings out, and to someone who understands, thanks Calikid and Colomom. I will not give up on Madelaine, I pray for her daily, I practically think about her all the time, you cant help but feel consumed and overwhelmed, I just pray to god that she is not in pain and we find out where this darling little girl is.

I don't know about caves, but I could see if someone from another forum who lives in Portugal would know.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/videoplayer/0,,91210-1281392,.html

A Sky News video from GM's media conference in Edinburgh.
When asked if he had anything to do with the death of Madelaine by overdosing her, he didnt deny it, he just told us what the P LE had told them, that they were not suspects, if I was asked that question, and was innocent, I would state emphatically that I had no involvement in any way of my daughters death, and then plead my case that everything I had said was true and wanted the safe return of my daughter, or maybe I would just breakdown and cry. He was so unemotional, and I am not flaming Gerry I am just saying how he came across to me, he was so cold.

When asked if he had anything to do with the death of Madelaine by overdosing her, he didnt deny it, he just told us what the P LE had told them, that they were not suspects, if I was asked that question, and was innocent, I would state emphatically that I had no involvement in any way of my daughters death, and then plead my case that everything I had said was true and wanted the safe return of my daughter, or maybe I would just breakdown and cry. He was so unemotional, and I am not flaming Gerry I am just saying how he came across to me, he was so cold.
When this case is finally solved I hope this point among others is remembered so we can all learn from it. It is either the way a guilty person acts when trying to fool the public or it is the way an innocent person can look guilty to others when under stress but either way I hope we remember and learn.

When this case is finally solved I hope this point among others is remembered so we can all learn from it. It is either the way a guilty person acts when trying to fool the public or it is the way an innocent person can look guilty to others when under stress but either way I hope we remember and learn.
I think at the end of all this we all will have learnt something, just wish it wasnt at the expense of Madelaine.

Shazza I thought he looked completely worn out, empty, flat, and very very sad.
Which isn't surprising if they are innocent of harming Madeleine and are now having to deal with all the cruel accusations.
I know we disagree but if true......it doesn't bear thinking about what its doing to them.

I do agree with both you and Callikid about Madeleine though. She is never far from my thoughts either.
Sadly all we can do at this point is pray for this very precious little girl.

DIÁRIO DE NOTÍCIAS - 26/08/2007
The MCCANNS CLAMORING FOR MORE MONEY FROM MADELEINE´S FUND

The McCann couple recently questioned the relatives who are in charge of managing the fund set up through the www.findmadeleine.com site, for having put at their disposal only 70 000 pounds, when it already has reached 1 005 000 pounds (more than 2.2 millions euros) as DN checked.

Curiously, the couple maintained some days ago to the journalists that they were not using the fund for their stay expenses in the Algarve, after the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine on the 3rd of may in Praia da Luz.

In the meantime, Kate and Gerry would have requested from their relatives in the UK, to speed up the release of money, taking namely into account the travelling expenses, the latest one being the trip of Gerry to Scotland, where he took part in a conference at Edimburgh about marketing campaigns, to explain how in such a short time, the set up of the worldwide campaign for the search of their daughter was possible. Maddie´s father returns today to Praia da Luz.

The expenses of the campaign are very huge. From the lawyers paid 250 euros per hour, as checked by DN, to the campaign assessor, Justine McGuiness, whose "accounts are in order".

When two weeks ago, the advisor faced the British journalists regarding the amount reached by the fund with no registered movements, suggesting that the McCann could hide something for fearing to be entitled as "millionairs", Justine quickly reached the manager of the site in order to clear up any suspicions. The delay in updating the numbers was justified by a computer problem. Some days later, the site was updated, indicating the collected amount.

The lawyers were hired at the time of Maddie´s disappearance and stayed some days at the Ocean Club. At that time, the advisor justified their hiring with the need to provide help to the management of the campaign to find the child.

Now, compare the bolded sentence above to this, from the Sunday Express.

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/17372

Mr McCann’s visit to the Edinburgh International Television Festival yesterday was paid for by the organisers. In recent months similar trips have been donated or subsidised by wealthy benefactors.

Are the trips and travel expenses donated? Or do the McCanns pay for them?

Just another example of the media printing what it takes to sell their product. How is anyone to know what is true or not, very frustrating.

What I find so interesting about the over dosing of Madeleine or drugging the kids at all... was brought up on our thread here in I think thread 1 or 2 LONG before it was ever reported in the news media. That was weeks and week ago that we were talking about the idea of it and then only last week that idea came to the news and hit the papers. I actually rememeber who first mentioned the theory here but will allow them to remain nameless and I recall at the time when they brought it up that I thought nah.. that's too way out there to have ever occured. Now it is THE news and a real possibility. It almost makes me think to some degree that the news reads our stuff and runs with it.. OR do they by sheer concidence come up with the same ideas as we do WEEKS later?
On thread 1 we were talking about the parents possibly killing Madeleine themselves when the rest of the world was talking about a kidnapping. Now we read in huge headlines what we suggested in the beginning. So is the news THAT far behind and are we THAT far ahead? Just food for thought...

Blanket.jpg
What do you think...towel or blanket....or???

Thanks - well researched! It looks like a typical hotel blanket to me as it's the shade of brown that we had in Portugal last year. They always seem to be dull brown ... as I think the managements think that they don't show the dirt.

It is a bit large to leave behind on a beach. But it may be nothing to do with Madeleine.

You are correct in that criminals don't always look like criminals or they would be very easy to arrest. That's what I tell my children anyway.

Personally I'm sure that I would have thought Jeffrey Dahmer (?) a nice boy, Ted Bunday very sociable, Fred West an excellent builder and Dr Harold Shipman really dedicated for doing all those extra visits.

I would assume the reason that GM does not discuss details is that if the world's press is listening to every word that you speak, his PR would have advised him to halt conversation on this sort of topic, and his primary objective in travelling all the way to Edinburgh and talking about how the press has dealt with the case would have been lost.

It doesn't mean he's guilty - just not willing to engage in the talk about it as, having answered one question, there would be a next one etc etc

If he had of answered the question, the next day's headlines would reflect the answer and therefore anyone who hadn't already heard about this theory would then become aware of it and be muttering 'no smoke without fire' in no time at all. That would be the usual PR advice given.

(If you want to see a past master at evasion see Bill Clinton on Monica Lewinsky and marvel.)

No worries Callikid.
But I would put money on the honesty of the UK labs. I also believe they are probably some of the best, and most professional in the world and are making sure they get it right. They won't be rushed and will take all the time they need.

I don't buy into the conspiracy theories.
If there were any truth that the McCanns killed Madeleine. Which I still don't believe...I really can't believe any politician would risk their future by helping to cover up a killing.
And I think they would distance themselves pretty sharpish if they now believed the McCanns guilty.

I agree again April4sky. The newspapers started by saying that the results would be back soon and created the expectation.

Apparently it is a very complicated process, as the DNA has to defined and separated... one from each other - and there would have been lots of DNA in a holiday apartment. Even the dried blood samples may have been contaminated. And if anyone is ever brought to court the evidence has to be correct. There was nothing to stop the Portuguese police organising their own DNA search and sending the samples off elsewhere - say Italy- in the first week - so why didn't they?

The only way I can explain to American posters as to why we Brits think that the PD is perhaps not as on the ball as the British police is by saying if an American child had gone missing in a small seaside resort in Mexico, would you still have as much faith in their local police force to undertake an enquiry as you own police - especially if they were prevented from giving out any information?

Thank you. Please do.

About the caves, my Portugal source replied:

Isabel said...
Alô...Alô..

Yes there are caves, holes and lots of stones.
Some richeable by foot, others only by boat, others by private jets, and left us the stones wich are not turned but runned on every morning, by Mccruners.

This place is vast and has unspoiled areas wich has all sorts of hiding places...but the dogs did the job.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=459316&in_page_id=1770

Murat's gay American designer friend, Tuck Price, 43, who flitted in and out of the room during our interview, hardly helps his cause.

"When this is all over, I hope he makes a buck or two out of it," Price said shamelessly. "He bloody deserves it."

I found this interesting, but I believe that the daily mail is being a little snide. Incidentally if you google "Tuck Price", you will get a lot of liposuction information!

I'm interested in knowing what people in the UK think about Robert Murat. Is he still considered a suspect to most people, and has this "ruined his life" as he claims?

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/17372

THE parents of Madeleine McCann want trustees of a £1million fighting fund to start spending the money fast in a last desperate effort to trace their missing daughter.

As the police investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance flounders, tensions are building between Gerry and Kate McCann and the fund trustees, including his brother John, who control the money donated by the public.

Okay, let me make it clear that I'm not complaining. I think it's good that they're going to start spending money to ramp up the search for Madeleine. But isn't this in direct contrast to the press conference in Scotland when Gerry said they were going to lower their profile? I thought they were talking about going home to the UK and resuming their careers.

It is so confusing.

Right, these parents are allover the place. Granted they are suffering under duress. I question the reasoning about "spending money now..., in a last ditch effort. Seems like they are ready to give up their search. Lord knows they don't want to be accused of "saving" the money for themselves...IMO, this is the first time I have heard of parents pushing to spend donations towards a mising child.

Also, your information on the IVF is very interesting indeed. I think there needs to be a closer look into which person fertilized-whose egg was it
???

Thirdly, the question of whether or not the parents overdosed the child also needs to be looked into. There are too may unanswered questions on this case.
:rolleyes:

Inasmuch as the trustees of the fighting fund are relatives and friends of the McCanns, why would not the trustees be eager to make the money available? You better bet my sister would be eager for me to have the money (in the unlikely event my hulking 18 year old son was abducted) if she were a trustee....

Is there a reason why the trustees are reluctant for the money to be spent? Are they privy to information which we are not? Are they showing excessive concern for their own reputations as trusted -er-trustees?

The words in the story--"bitter dispute"--"tensions are building''--lead one to believe that the trustees don't trust Gerry, even though they are his brother, an uncle, family friends, and a co-worker at Leicester Hospital.

Of course the fund should pay for the McCanns' lodging and travel...why would the fund have been set up to make it so difficult for the money to be spent? I don't have a good impression of the McCanns, but I still think they are entitled to use the fund for its intended purposes. Something wrong here. (tm dr lee)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oh_silly_me