Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know all of that about butterflies and it makes me kind of sad. I was just glad to see the parents do something I thought was "normal". Its been a month and up until this weekend the parents have seemed rather "cold" and very self contained. There were no tears, no breakdowns, no real signs of emotion. I know we are supposed to give gold stars to those who keep it together under pressure. BUT, their 4-year old daughter is missing - its been a month - the pressure must be tremendous. So showing that they are human, is a good thing in my book.

And Shazza - I know what you mean. I think about Maddie first thing in the morning and the last thing at night. I even break my own rule at work to check webslueths at lunch time to see if anything new has happened. I want this little girl found, safe and well.

May the Lord watch over Maddie and keep her safe and may the Lord guide whoever has Maddie or knows what happened to her to come forward so that Maddie can be reunited with the people that love her.

And, please Lord, bring answers soon.

(My prayer for the week, I hope no one minds that I have posted it here. I believe in "strengh in numbers" so my thought is that every time someone reads it, it will send up another prayer for Maddie).

When I heard about the butterfly hanging around Kate, I also thought it wasn't a good sign, or meant nothing. If it meant anything, IMO, it meant that Maddie is no longer with us and the butterfly was a way of God trying to communicate to Kate that He has Maddie in His arms....

A friend of mine lost her 19 year old son to cancer. She and he had half jokingly discussed that he would let her know he was o.k. by coming to her as a butterfly. After the funeral a butterfly came to her in her yard and was very persistent to be near her. Since that time she has lots of butterfly items that are very meaningful to her. It gives her comfort. This past year I don't remember what time of the year but early one morning she was out in her garden. Thousands of butterflies entered her garden and flew and lighted all over. They stayed around for an hour or so, long enough for others to come and see them. It was truly a beautiful site. I don't know what it all means but it does give one a comforting feeling.

A lot of info at following link, including:

It was revealed yesterday that investigating officers have not had a single meeting with them for the last 11 days despite the McCanns' requests for a formal exchange of information.

The wall of silence means the couple are receiving most of their updates either through British police or from news reports - and they have had no chance to talk face-to-face to senior investigating officers since May 24.
The lack of communication was described as 'staggering' by sources close to the investigation in the UK yesterday.

One said that talking regularly to parents of a missing child should play a major part in an inquiry, for both emotional and operational reasons.
He added: "Getting round the table every now and then can often produce a germ of information which could ultimately provide a new lead, or at least short-circuit wasteful lines of inquiry.

"At the very least, it would keep them informed of the progress of the investigation. If the Portuguese police are not doing that, they are missing a trick."

Portugal's 'secrecy of justice' laws prevent officers from talking publicly about an active investigation, one of the major frustrations for the McCanns and the media.

At the couple's last meeting with police, they were understood to be impressed with the youngest of the three senior investigating officers.
Luis Neves, 41-year-old national director of the DCCB, the Portuguese equivalent of the Serious Organised Crime Agency, appeared to have a good grasp of the case and gave a detailed progress report.

But since then another scheduled meeting was cancelled, and there has been none since.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/...d+the+hardest+birthday+of+his+life/article.do

English~ If you read that carefully, it is saying the Portuguese LE isn't meeting with the parents. The McCanns have requested meetings, but LE is witholding info now and not readily sharing. They (LE) cancelled the last scheduled meeting (I am assuming) and have been tight lipped about the investigation.

English~ If you read that carefully, it is saying the Portuguese LE isn't meeting with the parents. The McCanns have requested meetings, but LE is witholding info now and not readily sharing. They (LE) cancelled the last scheduled meeting (I am assuming) and have been tight lipped about the investigation.

Duuuuuuh...ok...I'm going to sleep now. I keep saying and doing really stupid stuff today!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Sorry!

From what I understood from CarpeDiems post it was the Potugese Police that wasnt being forthcoming.......anyway I think that is probably because they think the McCanns have more important things to do - like courting the Media.....or maybe the Police are looking further into the McCanns? and dont want to keep them ahead of the game. Forgive me for repeating myself but I 'feel' very strongly they know more than they're letting on.

Duuuuuuh...ok...I'm going to sleep now. I keep saying and doing really stupid stuff today!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Sorry!

No! You are OK! This one would have been easy to misread. LOL I do it all the time! Isn't stupid at all...sometimes our minds see things and don't calculate them properly when we have certain expectations especially when we are tired. ;)

Moon, they aren't doing anything the LE in the USA don't do every single day. To withold things and not tell the parents what is going on in an investigation is standard procedure in most places. It doesn't mean they are investigating the parents, but they don't want the parents perhaps to make a "slip" to the media.

Moon, they aren't doing anything the LE in the USA don't do every single day. To withold things and not tell the parents what is going on in an investigation is standard procedure in most places. It doesn't mean they are investigating the parents, but they don't want the parents perhaps to make a "slip" to the media.

You have a point there. I remember not only what the Walsh's went through but also Ed Smart. Not only did they have the wrong guy, but when Ed's younger daughter had her epiphany moment and the name "Emanuel" came to her as the person she saw take Elizabeth, the police department there wouldn't publicize the sketch. Only America's Most Wanted would. They get the credit for getting Elizabeth back - 9 months after she was taken.

It's really frustrating that after those cases, some things never change. While I realize this a different country, they are not a third world country. Why can't they find this precious little girl??

Thanks to all who are providing links and keeping this thread alive....I come here first everyday hoping for any new news on Maddie,but sadly we are not getting the news we all want to hear:( .
I so hope that Maddies story at least has an ending unlike so many other children that vanish never to be seen again.

Good article CarpeDiem but how very sad that he thinks she is not alive any longer. :-(

Popped in to see what has been happening with this case, not a lot eh.
Doesnt sound very promising, pray that she is out there somewhere alive and well.

Popped in to see what has been happening with this case, not a lot eh.
Doesnt sound very promising, pray that she is out there somewhere alive and well.

She's so innocent in all this. She deserves a chance. You just have to cling to the one's that have made it back. It can happen.

She's so innocent in all this. She deserves a chance. You just have to cling to the one's that have made it back. It can happen.
You bet, I pray she is found safe and sound every day. I think about her all the time. Miracles do happen. Until we have anything that says otherwise Madelaine is still alive.

In this case, I would say maybe no news is good news. With no evidence she has been harmed, there is the thought she was sought out by people truly wanting a child of their own. They would be taking excellent care of her. This is my hope. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member