Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had to strip naked and run down Main Street to keep my missing child in the news, I would do it. Whatever it took I would do it no matter how it made me look.

If I had to strip naked and run down Main Street to keep my missing child in the news, I would do it. Whatever it took I would do it no matter how it made me look.

ME TOO! In fact, it bothered me last week when they said they were stopping because of the timing of their announcement, it was right after they started getting the hard questions. I think it's good though that they aren't leaving Portugal, they will still have contact with people that travel and an opportunity to gain further trust of the locals.

me three!!!!

Latest from skynews--about Moroccco visit.....

Shazza--I think the press read your posts....:blowkiss: no jetsetting now--Rabatt is so close an they point it out here.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1269847,00.html

I was only talking about my crystal ball on another thread a little while ago.

Seriously, I do believe the parents are better off not drawing attention to themselves, they dont have the contacts or the know how that the LE has, so let the LE do their job.

me three!!!!

Latest from skynews--about Moroccco visit.....

Shazza--I think the press read your posts....:blowkiss: no jetsetting now--Rabatt is so close an they point it out here.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1269847,00.html

Here's a snip from the article:

The couple say the trip will be their last for some time as they now want time to reflect on their loss and grieve.

I find the choice of words somewhat distressing. Does anyone ever remember reading where another parent of a missing child said they needed time to "grieve" before they knew what happened to the child?

I am sure I am being over critical, but everytime I want to support these parents, something happens and I just can't.:(

Seriously, does anyone remember any other parent talking this way? This site is full of missing cases, surely someone else has said the same thing?

Here's a snip from the article:

The couple say the trip will be their last for some time as they now want time to reflect on their loss and grieve.

I find the choice of words somewhat distressing. Does anyone ever remember reading where another parent of a missing child said they needed time to "grieve" before they knew what happened to the child?

I am sure I am being over critical, but everytime I want to support these parents, something happens and I just can't.:(

Seriously, does anyone remember any other parent talking this way? This site is full of missing cases, surely someone else has said the same thing?

I think I understand the quote. They've stayed in such a frantic, busy state they haven't allowed themselves time to grieve over her absence. I don't take it that they are accepting defeat, just that they miss her terribly and they have wanted to believe she is alive and therefore haven't let the grief from her absence in but have clung to hope. Sounds like they are beginning to start to deal with the reality of it all. I know if my child were missing I would not be able to sit by the phone and wait, I'd have to be out there doing something. I'd have to keep pushing and searching and hunting and keep it in the headlines. Doing anything would seem better to me than doing nothing. Stopping, slowing down long enough to face reality would be the hardest thing of all.

I think I understand the quote. They've stayed in such a frantic, busy state they haven't allowed themselves time to grieve over her absence. I don't take it that they are accepting defeat, just that they miss her terribly and they have wanted to believe she is alive and therefore haven't let the grief from her absence in but have clung to hope. Sounds like they are beginning to start to deal with the reality of it all. I know if my child were missing I would not be able to sit by the phone and wait, I'd have to be out there doing something. I'd have to keep pushing and searching and hunting and keep it in the headlines. Doing anything would seem better to me than doing nothing. Stopping, slowing down long enough to face reality would be the hardest thing of all.
I understand what you are saying, I went through something very personal and I had too make sure that everyone around me was okay, about a week later it hit me like a ton of bricks and I went down in a screaming heap, and needed professional help.
I think the McCanns are going to need professional help to cope with this. My situation was not a as bad as this, but because I didnt personally deal with this from the start as I was too worried about others, when I decided I had to deal with it I coudnt and fell apart. I think this will happen to the McCanns.

Perhaps the word "grieve" is the problem. It might be they simply meant they needed time to themselves, time to think and reflect.

I agree they need to see the reality of their situation. They also need to realize it might look to the world that they are just finishing their extravagant vacation plans without the other two children, imo. If my child went missing in Portugal, I would STAY in Portugal.

I didn't see Natalie H's mom going Island hopping and various places unless she had a specific lead to be going elsewhere. She remained in Aruba until she had to be home in the states.

However, I do believe you have a right to grieve a missing child. You grieve in a divorce or any separation from a loved one, and for others who are estranged from you for reasons other than through death. I know people would prefer them to "keep hoping", "stay positive", and all the well meaning things people say to do, but the loss is still there. It might be very healthy for them to grieve their loss now. (Maybe it will put things in perspective for them and make them realize they need to concentrate on Madeleine, their other children and not themselves from now on.)

Instead of using the word grieving, as we dont know yet that she is dead, separation anxiety would be a better choice of words at this stage, grieving sounds so final, and I am hoping that is not the case.

I live in the UK and in pne of the Sunday papers they have an interview with Gerry McCann. He said they need time to grieve, not because they think Madelaine is dead but because she is gone and they miss her. He said that when they are with the twins they notice her absence even more because she is missing from their family unit.

That was not verbatim but more or less what he said. Sorry I don't have a link as it was a sunday paper I read and then threw away.

I live in the UK and in pne of the Sunday papers they have an interview with Gerry McCann. He said they need time to grieve, not because they think Madelaine is dead but because she is gone and they miss her. He said that when they are with the twins they notice her absence even more because she is missing from their family unit.

That was not verbatim but more or less what he said. Sorry I don't have a link as it was a sunday paper I read and then threw away.

I think the word *grieve*in the context of the news and media reports is typical of high British English. Having first learned British English, and my native language of Norwegian translated--would use *grieve* in this context by educated persons.

I think in American English, it is used more in relationship to death.
So I am agreeing with all the above posters.

Sharezz---I have no idea about Aussie English----but I had to smile at seperation anxiety ....that to me would be a very strange definition to use in a clinical sense:D

I am not gotting to even reread this..because it makes sense in my mind, but hard to write in english-this early in the morning-LOL--more coffee for me!!:blushing:

However, I do believe you have a right to grieve a missing child. You grieve in a divorce or any separation from a loved one, and for others who are estranged from you for reasons other than through death. I know people would prefer them to "keep hoping", "stay positive", and all the well meaning things people say to do, but the loss is still there. It might be very healthy for them to grieve their loss now. (Maybe it will put things in perspective for them and make them realize they need to concentrate on Madeleine, their other children and not themselves from now on.)

Excellent post! I also think this reflects on the possibility that they have been talking to a counselor or another family who has lost child. In the "grief community" there are many discussions about grieving secondary losses - the loss of innocence, the loss of their normal life in relative anonimity, etc. These are all normal things for them to be thinking about now that the shock and denial are starting to wear thin.

I have been having a really hard time because my 4 year old went on vacation with my parents and will be staying with them for 2 weeks. I cried myself to sleep because I missed tucking him in and his hugs and kisses. I know my son is safe and with people who love and care for him a great deal and I could no imagine what it would be like if her were missing. I would be in the hospital espically if I had left him unattended when he went missing. I am glad they are upset I wish I would haave thought they are upset I wish they seemed upset sooner. They seemed to be more worried about jogging times and photo ops than loosing their child. Maybe they were in denial but their grieving will make them seem real to someone who knows something and they will get a good tip. I hate to think about it but I think it would be really rare if Maddie were to be found alive at this point. Even if she is still alive she is more than likely so brain washed she has no clue who she really is.

I really hate coming here day after day and seeing no new news on Maddie. I can only imagine what her parents must be feeling. I think that it is a good thing for them to "grieve" their loss, maybe, it will make them look alittle more like loving parents.

I noticed the Dad's blog is no longer on the website. That was so clinical, even after all this. He's in for a big fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rain :
Everyday I sign on here hoping for good news...every day I am disappointed. I am not feeling hopeful but I will pray for Maddie everyday, no matter how long it takes, until she is found.

Originally Posted by Shazza:
If all the prayers, hopes and wishes from the WS team is anything to go by this little girl should be home safe and sound soon, she has a lot of people praying for her, lets hope they are answered.

Me too... payring she is found save and alive...

I noticed the Dad's blog is no longer on the website. That was so clinical, even after all this. He's in for a big fall.

Hi C D

It is still up and running:-

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

Latest Update - Gerry's Blog/Diary

12/06/2007
Day 38
We spent the day in Rabat meeting 3 child welfare groups, the minister for interior and the chief of police.....................

I think there is some confusion as to what is the 'official' site:confused:
The above link is the official one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members