Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome colomom! I was a lurker for 9 months, and it took this case to bring out of the woodwork....

I don't understand the reference to a serial killer, i.e. the two girls in Belgium, since I believe the killer there turned himself in (Ait-Oud).

You are correct. I found this article that ran on Monday, before this news broke about the letter in Madie's case. It was just the one year anniversary of the day Nathalie and Stacy were taken. The suspected killer is still in jail.

http://www.expatica.com/actual/article.asp?subchannel_id=24&story_id=40748

More about him, the letter and Stacy and Nathalie printed last year:

http://www.expatica.com/actual/article.asp?subchannel_id=48&story_id=31197

What the hell is THIS....from their website.....are you freaking KIDDING ME?

If my kid was missing, my day could be summarized by: 6:00 AM bothered the hell out of the police, 8:00 AM roamed the streets calling out my daughter's name and looking for our daughter, 9:00 AM screamed at the Consulate to get more searchers out, 10:00 AM cried the rest of the day because I am a f&*&^%^ idiot for leaving her alone so my vain wife and I could go on a dinner date. Couldn't eat, couldn't sleep.

This reads almost like the Christmas letters some of my friends send out (I hate those damned things....can you say VAIN? ("we went to Paris, we bought a new car"). This really makes my bloodboil, sounds more like something you would put on the back of a postcard (if it would all fit) regarding their vacation...I think these parents did this crime:

Pools, high tea, walks with his wife, pasta, and who gives a fu&^ how long it took you and your vain wife to get to the top of a freaking monument on her run...congrats, your daughter is probably fu^%$%^ dead! This reaks!

-----------------
Day to day life for the McCann's

Usually there’s some free time then for a few stories or games with the twins before heading out.

9.00-9.15 We take Sean and Amelie to Kids’ Club. They really enjoy it and run in. They know the staff well and the staff are all excellent. Both love the domestic corner and Amelie particularly likes to look after ‘babies’. We use the kids club a bit like nursery at home but we think Sean and Amelie still think they are on holiday!

9.30~12.15. We return to the apartments, usually for a series of meetings with our press officer, Mark Warner Reps, occasionally Consulate staff, lawyers and British Liaison officers. During this time we catch up with family and close friends, usually by telephone and discuss ideas how to keep Madeleine’s profile high especially throughout continental Europe.

12.30 Time to pick up Sean and Amelie from Kids’ club then head back to apartment for lunch, which has usually been prepared by one of our family/friends group who have been tremendously supportive.

13.30 –14.30 This is time to spend time playing with the twins either in the apartment or in the play area next to kids club.

14.30-15.00 Usually we take the twins back to Kids’ Club although Sean has had the odd afternoon in the apartment as it’s a bit cooler and he’s not much of a sun worshipper! They have been taking part in many different activities including painting, singing, stories, swimming, trips to the beach and they have lots of toys to play with.

15.00~17.00 We try to get some time together alone, going for a walk to talk things over or getting some exercise. This is often the time for quiet trips to the church for prayers.

17.00-17.30 Meet kids for high tea with other mums and dads. They love pasta and have been doing really well with their vegetables although a few chips have been squeezed in.

17.30-18.30. Games with kids at play area. Amelie loves trying to get in the baby pool!

18.30-19.30 Bath and story time with the twins.

20.00 We put the kids to bed.

20.30-23.00 We try to sit down for a family meal, again usually cooked by one of the small family group out here with us. Chat about the day’s events and plan the next day

23.30 bed and prayer for Madeleine that she will be returned to us safely ASAP.

In addition to above we try to attend various church services during the week, and make multiple phone calls to family and friends. We try to watch the main news early morning and late evening but have had almost no time to read the newspapers or even look at the pictures!

Kate is a keen runner and in the last few days has tried to include a run in the daily routine. Yesterday (Sat) at 7am we ran to the monument at the top of the steep cliff overlooking Praia de Luz. We reached it in 19 minutes.

Yeah Calus, their new "campaign manager" needs to tell Dad to quit writing his blog. So clinical. Let Kate write a heartfelt letter as a Mother, because Dad thinks an awful lot of himself and isn't conveying Heart. Atleast he wasn't - I got so frustrated with that I stopped reading it.

In responce to Cal's post #103( to long to quote) these parents smell funny to me. I realize spending time with the other children, but this schedule seems to NORMAL for me. Sounds like nothing has changed.
By the Grace of God I have never experenced this, but this only being 41 days, I would be so weak from not eating or sleeping and throwing up constantly I would barely be able to walk from a chair to the phone must less run up a freaking mountain.

This just doesn't seem right to me.

I have been lurking for a bit following people's thoughts regarding Madeleine's abduction. I have a special interest in the case as the McCanns live about 10 miles away from me, and Madeleine's story is constantly on the local news.

I felt compelled to add an entry because I find it absolutely REPUGNANT that the McCanns are being criticised so viciously by certain people on this forum. It seems their every move "proves" that they are either involved in their daughter's disappearance, or just "proves" that they don't care...the straw that broke the camel's back for me was criticism of the fact that, although they were pictured holding hands while in Morocco, they apparently weren't close together enough...I mean, please! My partner and I NEVER hold hands in public- that doesn't mean we don't have a good relationship!

As for the criticism of Gerry McCann's blog, in which he describes a typical day. Surely the whole point of this is to keep people interested in the case, to keep it on the radar, to keep the images of his family real in the public eye...

My personal take on the McCanns' behaviour- the jetting about Europe trying to raise awareness and get information, Kate's continuing to go running, etc- is that they are so utterly overwhelmed by what has happened, so traumatised, that they have to keep active...if they stop, they will be crushed. The enormity of what has happened will hit them. I feel they could be suffering from a kind of post-traumatic stress. They are in a foreign country, having to contend with vastly differing (and, I feel, inferior) policing methods from the British police...they have their twins to consider, and must try and maintain a calm front for them...the pressure they are under is huge. And I really do feel that the barrage of criticism I have read on this forum, a lot of it pretty vicious, is helping no-one. I just hope the McCanns never get to read it.

Well, Britgirl~ If they are trying to maintain a "calm front" for the twins...wouldn't it be helpful if they stayed in the same country AS the twins?! Farming them out to family while they jetset all over the globe seems to me to be the worst thing for the twins. Those babies NEED their parents because they miss Madeleine, too. I believe it is quite telling that they prefer to spend their time away from their children instead of being there to hold and to love them during this horrible event.

They have handled this in a way most parents would never dream of and if I am being critical...so be it! I have NEVER seen parents that have acted this way while their child is missing and I hope never to witness it again. I honestly believe they were 'finishing' their expensive vacation plans sans the twins and until they can prove otherwise...I will continue to believe it. This isn't raising awareness for Madeleine...this is their selfishness once again. How they can justify globetrotting is beyond me!

If they stayed with the twins, they would be criticised for being too passive and not doing enough.

As to your assertion that they are finishing their expensive vacation plans...do I understand you correctly...are you saying they are using this as an excuse for a nice long vacation? Or have I misunderstood?

Yes, you are correct. I would bet my last dollar the places they have visited were on their itinerary from the beginning before Maddy went missing. They were on holiday and I do believe they went ahead with their plans.

What the hell is THIS....from their website.....are you freaking KIDDING ME?

If my kid was missing, my day could be summarized by: 6:00 AM bothered the hell out of the police, 8:00 AM roamed the streets calling out my daughter's name and looking for our daughter, 9:00 AM screamed at the Consulate to get more searchers out, 10:00 AM cried the rest of the day because I am a f&*&^%^ idiot for leaving her alone so my vain wife and I could go on a dinner date. Couldn't eat, couldn't sleep.

This reads almost like the Christmas letters some of my friends send out (I hate those damned things....can you say VAIN? ("we went to Paris, we bought a new car"). This really makes my bloodboil, sounds more like something you would put on the back of a postcard (if it would all fit) regarding their vacation...I think these parents did this crime:

I can't stand those Christmas letters either. Seems to me this dad is totally out of touch with what is going on here. I don't think reality has hit him (or either he is warped which I don't really believe). Maybe blogging is his therapy, but he isn't doing himself nor his family any favors by seeming so unmoved and clinical. My DH is a professional in the medical field and I know that he tends to look at life in a very scientific, clincial way---not real big on emotions but I can't think of anyone I know who would blog like this (unless they are in complete emotional denial which may very well be the case here) with their daughter missing. I would go on to guess that the dad is use to being in control of his life, as many doctors and professionals are, and he isn't dealing with his lose of control very well--hence his emotional distance and denial. When I say "in control" I mean that the parents are like other high achievers who are very motivated people who can force themselves to go the extra EXTRA mile to make it through med school, residency, etc.... They have terrific self-control and like for their lives to be orderly and under control--at least this has been my experience with super achievers.

Britgirl, welcome to websleuths, hope you stick around! I too have posted before also that they are keeping on moving forward so this whole thing won't crush them. When my son was born with a handicap, I had to grieve for the son I had planned on having and also had to keep moving or else felt like I would totally lose it. People kept telling me to slow down, but I couldn't. I kept a brave front and rushed on with life trying to outrun that tidal wave that was about to consume me. It was quite a while before I could slow down and begin to deal with reality. Not that my situation is anything like the McCann's and I don't mean to imply that it is. However, I tend to feel that Maddie's parents are experiencing this same type of emotions and I feel for them deeply. But truly, if Mr. McCann doesn't want to look indifferent to the world, he needs to change his blog or stop it altogether, I'm sorry--that's just the facts. Many people aren't going to understand where he is coming from because his behaviour is unique and when you behave differently, for whatever reason/however innocent that reason may be, people are going to judge you harshly.

My prayers for Maddie.

Yes, you are correct. I would bet my last dollar the places they have visited were on their itinerary from the beginning before Maddy went missing. They were on holiday and I do believe they went ahead with their plans.

I don't know, that might be reaching. I believe they went as a group from England, all Dr.'s and their families, just to go to this resort, it was a vacation package is the impression I'm under. There is video of them all leaving, Maddie trips and scrapes her knee.

Well, I'm speechless. Hey, maybe they staged the whole thing so they could have an extra 2-3 months in the sun! Maybe they paid someone to kidnap, rape and murder their daughter so they could visit the Pope and walk about Morocco...unfortunately there was a mix-up and the perp didn't take the twins too, as planned...

I can't stand those Christmas letters either. Seems to me this dad is totally out of touch with what is going on here. I don't think reality has hit him or either he is warped. Maybe blogging is his therapy, but he isn't doing himself nor his family any favors by seeming so unmoved and clinical. My DH is a professional in the medical field and I know that he tends to look at life in a very scientific, clincial way---not real big on emotions but I can't think of anyone I know who would blog like this (unless they are in complete emotional denial which may very well be the case here) with their daughter missing. I would go on to guess that the dad is use to being in control of his life, as many doctors and professionals are, and he isn't dealing with his lose of control very well--hence his emotional distance and denial. When I say "in control" I mean that the parents are like other high achievers who are very motivated people who can force themselves to go the extra EXTRA mile to make it through med school, residency, etc.... They have terrific self-control and like for their lives to be orderly and under control--at least this has been my experience with super achievers.

I totally agree.

I would like someone in the media, maybe the campaign manager can arrange it, to do an interview with Kate, by herself, when the Dad isn't interrupting as soon as she gets her thoughts together.

I can't stand those Christmas letters either. Seems to me this dad is totally out of touch with what is going on here. I don't think reality has hit him or either he is warped. Maybe blogging is his therapy, but he isn't doing himself nor his family any favors by seeming so unmoved and clinical. My DH is a professional in the medical field and I know that he tends to look at life in a very scientific, clincial way---not real big on emotions but I can't think of anyone I know who would blog like this (unless they are in complete emotional denial which may very well be the case here) with their daughter missing. I would go on to guess that the dad is use to being in control of his life, as many doctors and professionals are, and he isn't dealing with his lose of control very well--hence his emotional distance and denial. When I say "in control" I mean that the parents are like other high achievers who are very motivated people who can force themselves to go the extra EXTRA mile to make it through med school, residency, etc.... They have terrific self-control and like for their lives to be orderly and under control--at least this has been my experience with super achievers.
I totally agree. Unfortunately, Gerry's methodical "Christmas-letter-style" blog has been misinterpreted by some as proof of involvement, or at least of him not caring. What a shame.

I wish I could say that I see a happy outcome for Madeleine and her family, but I don't. The first thought that popped into my mind when I read that her body might only be 9 miles from the resort was, when was the last time anyone besides her parents saw her alive? I just can't help it. This case has seemed "off" since the first.

I don't think the 'tour' was for fun or part of their 'vacation'. They were only in these places one day and that time was spent doing interviews and meeting with authorities. Not much of a 'vacation' there...
Yes some of their actions are odd but I don't think they are involved in their daughter's kidnapping.

I have been lurking for a bit following people's thoughts regarding Madeleine's abduction. I have a special interest in the case as the McCanns live about 10 miles away from me, and Madeleine's story is constantly on the local news.

I felt compelled to add an entry because I find it absolutely REPUGNANT that the McCanns are being criticised so viciously by certain people on this forum. It seems their every move "proves" that they are either involved in their daughter's disappearance, or just "proves" that they don't care...the straw that broke the camel's back for me was criticism of the fact that, although they were pictured holding hands while in Morocco, they apparently weren't close together enough...I mean, please! My partner and I NEVER hold hands in public- that doesn't mean we don't have a good relationship!

As for the criticism of Gerry McCann's blog, in which he describes a typical day. Surely the whole point of this is to keep people interested in the case, to keep it on the radar, to keep the images of his family real in the public eye...

My personal take on the McCanns' behaviour- the jetting about Europe trying to raise awareness and get information, Kate's continuing to go running, etc- is that they are so utterly overwhelmed by what has happened, so traumatised, that they have to keep active...if they stop, they will be crushed. The enormity of what has happened will hit them. I feel they could be suffering from a kind of post-traumatic stress. They are in a foreign country, having to contend with vastly differing (and, I feel, inferior) policing methods from the British police...they have their twins to consider, and must try and maintain a calm front for them...the pressure they are under is huge. And I really do feel that the barrage of criticism I have read on this forum, a lot of it pretty vicious, is helping no-one. I just hope the McCanns never get to read it.

Oh you meant the McCanns who are continuing their vacation as if nothing happened? The same that left their kids alone in a hotel room while they went to dinner? The McCann's that are bragging about high tea and their personal accomplishments while running?

First, I don't really care if you are replulsed. Second, if you want to do this missing girl a favor, drive over and kick both of the parent's a$$es because that is likely to be the only justice this little girl will ever get.

They killed her either way...either by doing it themselves or by allowing someone else to do it with their vanity.

Okay fine, keep active, maintain a calm foot for the twins (who are too young to know which end food goes in and crap comes out). But for the love of God, no one gives a damn about your personal best times of your running schedule. No one cares that you and your wife take long walks together to talk.

My Lord if my child was missing and I went for a run, my blog would be "doubled over vomiting before I hit the sidewalk followed by uncontrollable bouts of sobbing".

I wouldn't be bragging on-line about high tea nor logging my personal running times like I was submitting my resume.

These people probably killed their child and hid her body somewhere. Even if they didn't they are responsible for her death.

New

Well, I'm speechless. Hey, maybe they staged the whole thing so they could have an extra 2-3 months in the sun! Maybe they paid someone to kidnap, rape and murder their daughter so they could visit the Pope and walk about Morocco...unfortunately there was a mix-up and the perp didn't take the twins too, as planned...

No, I don't believe they had anything to do with Maddy going missing. I never said that. However, they aren't acting like loving, kind parents here! They are acting like spoiled, selfish children! Playing tennis, jogging, and jetsetting around?! Give me a break!

I totally agree. Unfortunately, Gerry's methodical "Christmas-letter-style" blog has been misinterpreted by some as proof of involvement, or at least of him not caring. What a shame.

He is bragging about his fu$%$%$ time it took to make it to the top of the monument on his run! What's to misinterpret?

Cal

Oh you meant the McCanns who are continuing their vacation as if nothing happened? The same that left their kids alone in a hotel room while they went to dinner? The McCann's that are bragging about high tea and their personal accomplishments while running?

First, I don't really care if you are replulsed. Second, if you want to do this missing girl a favor, drive over and kick both of the parent's a$$es because that is likely to be the only justice this little girl will ever get.

They killed her either way...either by doing it themselves or by allowing someone else to do it with their vanity.

Okay fine, keep active, maintain a calm foot for the twins (who are too young to know which end food goes in and crap comes out). But for the love of God, no one gives a damn about your personal best times of your running schedule. No one cares that you and your wife take long walks together to talk.

My Lord if my child was missing and I went for a run, my blog would be "doubled over vomiting before I hit the sidewalk followed by uncontrollable bouts of sobbing".

I wouldn't be bragging on-line about high tea nor logging my personal running times like I was submitting my resume.

These people probably killed their child and hid her body somewhere. Even if they didn't they are responsible for her death.

New
I'm sure you don't care if I'm repulsed, calus 3. Why should you?

We will have to agree to disagree. You have your take on Gerry McCann's blog, on the parents' behaviour etc, and I have mine. So be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper