Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for posting that Salem, alot more detail there.

I have tried to be compassionate to Kate and Gerry but, man, those two are really getting on my last nerve....

The McCanns' spokeswoman, Justine McGuinness, said: "If they could turn back time there are things that they might have done differently, with the benefit of hindsight.

MIGHT?!?!:doh:

And there is a bid in Portugal to get the couple prosecuted for neglect, the Sunday Express has reported. The campaign is being fuelled by activity on internet chatrooms and in the Portugese press.

Pats on the back all around....

I wonder if little Maddie is still alive. The chances of her being alive are so slim after all of this time. I just wonder who took her and what they have done with her? I don't think that her parents had anything to do with her abduction. What would be the motive? I think the only thing that they are guilty of is leaving the kids alone and it doesn't sound like they are using the money donated for the purpose of getting out there and finding Maddy. Why don't they hire a US well known PI? It's not like they don't have the money to do that. They could probably hire two or three. That would make sense to me.
I agree with you as far as Madeleine's parents are concerned Bobbisangel. I do believe though that the money is being used in lots of different ways to enable them to keep Madeleine's abduction high profile in as many different country's as possible..very succesfully...In the belief that this gives them the best chance of finding Madeleine. As for hiring PI's. I have heard this mentioned before and wouldn't be surprised if there are things being done that we don't know about, for operational reasons. It wouldn't make any sense to me to tell everything that's being done, as well as making that kind of work impossible with the world looking on. Please God she is still alive and back with her family soon.

About bloody time, how long have we here in this thread been saying the parents and their friends need to be investigated further. I hope we find out the truth.

Exactly Shazza....My tummy is in knots right now.I am all teary eyed right now hoping and praying for Madeleine.Please,please let the truth be known soon.

I am pleased about this Inquiry not because I wish to see the parents punished. I believe whatever happened to Maddie it was not because the parents had any intention of getting rid of their child. They are suffering the worst punnishement of all and that is the loss of a child. The reason I am pleased about this Inquiry is because I hope it can be used by British athorities to look into this case and investigate as to if the parents could have played any role in Maddie's dissapearance. The P-LE is just too quiet for me and the parents "unusual" campaign and insonsistancies among the group of adults deffinilty needs to be looked into futher. I hope this opens a door to investiage these avenues.
It is also intresting me that in the two aritcles it emphasizes the role the internet has played in alerting the British athorities to concerns about the parents. I think this is wonderful. Those of us who spend lots of time around websights such as websleuths and follow and try to help in many missing children cases do have useful insight to offer. One thing that has alarmed many of us has been the extreme emphasis on raisng money. I do not think anyone of us has ever seen this with any other missing child case and it raises red flags when money accumulation appears to have become the primary goal of the parents Media interactions as opposed to looking for their chld. We can make a difference here.

mjak

mjak

The odds are slim that Madelaine is still alive, but until we know for sure I for one am going to keep on praying for her safe return.
I don't think Madeleine is with us any longer either. All we can do is offer prayers for her quick and safe return.

Wow, it sounds as if this is a two-prong approach with both the UK and Portugal investigating. I've read recently that it doesn't matter where you are in the world, if you are British you can be charged with neglect/child abuse if you caused or allowed something to happen to your children. MG might know better than me if this is true.

I am pleased about this Inquiry not because I wish to see the parents punished. I believe whatever happened to Maddie it was not because the parents had any intention of getting rid of their child. They are suffering the worst punnishement of all and that is the loss of a child. The reason I am pleased about this Inquiry is because I hope it can be used by British athorities to look into this case and investigate as to if the parents could have played any role in Maddie's dissapearance. The P-LE is just too quiet for me and the parents "unusual" campaign and insonsistancies among the group of adults deffinilty needs to be looked into futher. I hope this opens a door to investiage these avenues.
It is also intresting me that in the two aritcles it emphasizes the role the internet has played in alerting the British athorities to concerns about the parents. I think this is wonderful. Those of us who spend lots of time around websights such as websleuths and follow and try to help in many missing children cases do have useful insight to offer. One thing that has alarmed many of us has been the extreme emphasis on raisng money. I do not think anyone of us has ever seen this with any other missing child case and it raises red flags when money accumulation appears to have become the primary goal of the parents Media interactions as opposed to looking for their chld. We can make a difference here.

mjak

mjak

I think what anger me the most about the McCanns is that even if they privately know they shouldn't have left the children alone, they have not been forthcoming publicly. It isn't enough to say they were "at most naive". They have carried on as if leaving children alone at night in an unlocked apartment is the most natural thing in the world because "everyone does it", and this is an insult to the intelligence of parents everywhere who take their children's safety seriously.

What really gets to me are the people who support the McCanns who, just because we question the parents' behavior and call it neglect, claim we hate them and think they deserved to have Madeleine taken. Nothing could be further from the truth; there is a little girl out there somewhere who is suffering right now (far more than her parents are) if she isn't already dead. She certainly didn't ask for this.

I hope that any investigation is complete and not just a show to shut up the people who have been clamoring to have the neglect angle looked into. But for it to be completely ignored sends all kinds of bad messages about whether they're being treated differently because of who they are and allows other parents to use the McCanns as a reason to neglect their own children.

I think what anger me the most about the McCanns is that even if they privately know they shouldn't have left the children alone, they have not been forthcoming publicly. It isn't enough to say they were "at most naive". They have carried on as if leaving children alone at night in an unlocked apartment is the most natural thing in the world because "everyone does it", and this is an insult to the intelligence of parents everywhere who take their children's safety seriously.

What really gets to me are the people who support the McCanns who, just because we question the parents' behavior and call it neglect, claim we hate them and think they deserved to have Madeleine taken. Nothing could be further from the truth; there is a little girl out there somewhere who is suffering right now (far more than her parents are) if she isn't already dead. She certainly didn't ask for this.

I hope that any investigation is complete and not just a show to shut up the people who have been clamoring to have the neglect angle looked into. But for it to be completely ignored sends all kinds of bad messages about whether they're being treated differently because of who they are and allows other parents to use the McCanns as a reason to neglect their own children.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Nicely said...as usual.

For those of us who read the link posted to the This is London site earlier:

THIS IS THE ORIGINAL STORY

Madeleine's Parents Could Face Inquiry for Leaving Their Children Alone

Add your view

Madeleine McCann

Madeline went missing on May 3 from the family's holiday apartment in Prai de Luz
Gerry and Kate McCann could face difficult questions about the night their daughter Madeleine disappeared as prosecutors consider investigating their decision to leave their three children alone in the Portuguese holiday apartment.

The Crown Prosecution Service is "discussing" whether any offence may have been committed by the parents when they left the toddler and her twin brother and sister in the apartment at the resort at Praia da Luz on May 3.

And there is a bid in Portugal to get the couple prosecuted for neglect, the Sunday Express has reported. The campaign is being fuelled by activity on internet chatrooms and in the Portugese press.

CPS lawyers are believed to have responded to complaints to the British police asking whether the couple should be investigated in the wake of the incident.

They had been dining at a tapas restaurant with friends on the night Madeleine disappeared and were taking turns to leave the table to check on their children.

The Sunday Express said the couple have been "outraged" by the complaints and have taken legal advice "in case the CPS decides to prosecute".

Any offence would fall within the 1933 Young Persons Act which deals with ill-treatment, cruelty, neglect and abandonment of children under 16.

~snip~

Now read it:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23405351-details/McCanns%20'could%20be%20prosecuted'%20for%20leaving%20their%20children%20alone/article.do

So much for freedom of the press....:mad:

Man, that is scary.

I know I promised you Heather but just wanted to share some good news for a change:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=470179&in_page_id=1770

But a request to meet First Lady Laura Bush was turned down by the White House.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

WARNING

Gut wrenching photographs accompanying article.

Love you all:blowkiss:

Ok, I forgive you...now off to bed with you MoonGoodness!!

Can't wait to see what the coming days bring. This restores my faith in the White House (sort of).

gdpit_com_5610564_622.gif

From the article posted by MoonGoddess:

Meanwhile yesterday in the village of Rothley it was announced that thousands of yellow ribbons tied to a war memorial to mark Madeleine's disappearance are to be removed.

Madeleine's great-uncle Brian Kennedy said they would be taken down by the end of the month.

He said: "We are not removing the ribbons because we are giving up the search, but we think that the time has come to move on a bit."

Funny how they suddenly want to "move on" when an inquiry into the McCanns is heating up....:snooty:

Oh, and...way to go, Mrs. Bush, and all of you who e-mailed the White House!!

Ok, I forgive you...now off to bed with you MoonGoodness!!

Can't wait to see what the coming days bring. This restores my faith in the White House (sort of).

gdpit_com_5610564_622.gif

saw your light on so just stayed on to say "night night" to everyone:blowkiss:

mmm interesting days ahead:waitasec:

x

From the article posted by MoonGoddess:

Meanwhile yesterday in the village of Rothley it was announced that thousands of yellow ribbons tied to a war memorial to mark Madeleine's disappearance are to be removed.

Madeleine's great-uncle Brian Kennedy said they would be taken down by the end of the month.

He said: "We are not removing the ribbons because we are giving up the search, but we think that the time has come to move on a bit."

Funny how they suddenly want to "move on" when an inquiry into the McCanns is heating up....:snooty:

Oh, and...way to go, Mrs. Bush, and all of you who e-mailed the White House!!

That part broke my heart, honestly, why don't these people realize how their poor choice of words can cut so deep?? :(

I fired off an email to Attorney General Alberto Gonzales tonight as well (AskDOJ@usdoj.gov). Can't hurt....

Nighty, night MG :blowkiss:

Another link: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/14355/Maddy's-parents-to-face-inquiry

and a snippet just in case the story changes:

Lawyers are also keen to establish why the McCanns did not leave anyone to babysit Madeleine and two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie despite the resort offering a free childminding service.

A CPS source said: "There are a number of aspects that need to be considered."

Last night Mr McCann, who today arrives in America to discuss child protection issues with US Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, said: "Kate and I find this type of criticism deeply hurtful and unhelpful. As each hour passes our pain and anguish increases.

"Anyone who knows us knows we love our children. We have always taken our responsibilities as parents with the utmost seriousness. The authorities have assured us they regard the criticisms as without foundation."

I added the bolding. So now there are lawyers on the other side of Team McCann, hmmmmmm.......

Salem

Another link: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/14355/Maddy's-parents-to-face-inquiry

and a snippet just in case the story changes:

Lawyers are also keen to establish why the McCanns did not leave anyone to babysit Madeleine and two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie despite the resort offering a free childminding service.

A CPS source said: "There are a number of aspects that need to be considered."

Last night Mr McCann, who today arrives in America to discuss child protection issues with US Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, said: "Kate and I find this type of criticism deeply hurtful and unhelpful. As each hour passes our pain and anguish increases.

"Anyone who knows us knows we love our children. We have always taken our responsibilities as parents with the utmost seriousness. The authorities have assured us they regard the criticisms as without foundation."

I added the bolding. So now there are lawyers on the other side of Team McCann, hmmmmmm.......

Salem

HOORAY, hopefully we might learn the truth with the LE investigating the McCanns, the solution to Madelaines disappearance imo lies with the McCanns and their friends.
Madelaine you are a very special little girl and wherever you are, we send our prayers and our love. Whatever has befell you, I feel in my heart we will learn the truth and you can be at peace.:blowkiss:

I know I promised you Heather but just wanted to share some good news for a change:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=470179&in_page_id=1770

But a request to meet First Lady Laura Bush was turned down by the White House.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

WARNING

Gut wrenching photographs accompanying article.

Love you all:blowkiss:
Hurray, I'm glad the First Lady won't be meeting him. Hurray for whoever decided it wasn't worth her while. Do you think maybe it was all those e-mails people sent complaining?
:woohoo: :woohoo:
Attorney General Alberto Gonzales isn't well-liked right now in the USA anyway. Since this isn't a political forum, I won't say what I think.

I loved this line, "We are just waiting for that key piece of information that leads us to our daughter." Yeah because that's all they're counting on- people to drop information in their laps. Which isn't the same thing as going out and looking for Madeleine.

Madeleine deserves all the prayers, love and good wishes she can get. I wish with all my being that something would break, and she could come home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste