Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are several short videos of an interview with Gerry McCann at www.amw.com .

It took a long time for the sound to load for me, so you may need patience.

You were discussing this yesterday. In spite of the Sky News headline, Gerry is NOT meeting Laura Bush but she is meeting with some of her senior aides.

Sky News - Updated: 07:15, Tuesday July 24, 2007

US First Lady To Help Madeleine Case

http://tinyurl.com/2ecenp

Gerry appeared on America's Most Wanted:

Video Gallery: Gerry McCann Visits Washington D.C.

On Monday, July 23, Gerry McCann, the father of missing 4-year-old Madeleine McCann, came to Washington, D.C. in the quest to help find his daughter. Gerry received a tour of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and the International Center for Missing and Exploited Children, where he learned about some of the latest techniques in tracking missing kids. Gerry also had an opportunity to talk to Attorney General Alberto Gonzales and sat down with AMW to talk about Madeleine's case and its impact on him and his family.

[URL="http://tinyurl.com/2rqqy8"]http://tinyurl.com/2rqqy8[/URL]

My hope would be that Gerry would take some of these techinques that he learns from NCMEC and use them back in Portugal to at least TRY and help find his daughter... I don't see that happening though. That is the sad part about this whoe fiasco.

This is interesting from G's blog,

"There is a very upsetting story on the front page of a British National Newspaper today. The headline suggests that Kate and I face prosecution for neglecting our children by dining 50 yards away and checking on them regularly. "

I thought it was 100 yards? When did it go to 50? Or was it always 50?

Everything I have read to this point has said 100 yds or more. /sigh

This is interesting from G's blog,

"There is a very upsetting story on the front page of a British National Newspaper today. The headline suggests that Kate and I face prosecution for neglecting our children by dining 50 yards away and checking on them regularly. "

I thought it was 100 yards? When did it go to 50? Or was it always 50?

Gerry and Kate just don't seem to get it. They were not in their own home dining while the children slept. They left them in an unlocked hotel room in another country while they went out to dinner. Why they think they are not responsible is beyond me. They made a very stupid mistake. Just own it already :doh:.

Everything I have read to this point has said 100 yds or more. /sigh

Judging from the maps I've seen of the resort, it was further than 100 yards and the apartment could not be seen from the restaurant.

I'm sure it's very upsetting to them that they may face charges, but you know what? They shouldn't have left their children alone. None of this would be happening to them and they'd be back in the UK living their lives if they'd been proper parents.

He's just trying to save his butt with the blog entry, with hogwash. Why doesn't he answer for leaving them before in the week, when they were called back because of a child crying, their "checking on them regularly" doesn't wash in that instance either, and how they could snub their nose at the children and the resort by doing it AGAIN?! Leaving them alone was their routine. Nothing and no one was going to keep the McCann's from doing what they wanted to do. They should be prosecuted. Justice for Maddie! Enough of the nonsense.

Next week it will be 20 yards... a shrinking distance. And what is meant by his comment, "We were essentially performing our own baby listening service"...that he mentions in the blog? Did they use baby monitors or is an ear to the door considered a "device"?

yeah whatever...

You were discussing this yesterday. In spite of the Sky News headline, Gerry is NOT meeting Laura Bush but she is meeting with some of her senior aides.

Sky News - Updated: 07:15, Tuesday July 24, 2007

US First Lady To Help Madeleine Case

http://tinyurl.com/2ecenp

Gerry appeared on America's Most Wanted:

Video Gallery: Gerry McCann Visits Washington D.C.

On Monday, July 23, Gerry McCann, the father of missing 4-year-old Madeleine McCann, came to Washington, D.C. in the quest to help find his daughter. Gerry received a tour of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and the International Center for Missing and Exploited Children, where he learned about some of the latest techniques in tracking missing kids. Gerry also had an opportunity to talk to Attorney General Alberto Gonzales and sat down with AMW to talk about Madeleine's case and its impact on him and his family.

http://tinyurl.com/2rqqy8

God, please tell me why. Why is this man so bent on finding out about other missing children when his own daughter is missing? Why isn't he out looking for Madeleine? :banghead: :banghead:

He's just trying to save his butt with the blog entry, with hogwash. Why doesn't he answer for leaving them before in the week, when they were called back because of a child crying, their "checking on them regularly" doesn't wash in that instance either, and how they could snub their nose at the children and the resort by doing it AGAIN?! Leaving them alone was their routine. Nothing and no one was going to keep the McCann's from doing what they wanted to do. They should be prosecuted. Justice for Maddie! Enough of the nonsense.

...and to go along with your post Carpe:

http://www.express.co.uk/comments/viewall/14347

Scroll down through the comments to the one titled: Liars! Liars! Liars! by Dumbfound....veeeeery interesting.

Putting your children in daycare everyday is not being a parent

OUCH!
I totally understand this comment in relation to the McCanns. On vacation they stuck their kids in daycare, fed them dinner and then left them in a hotel room.

But I take my child to daycare and I AM being a parent

:doh:

Please forgive me, I just got home from my second root canal this month...I am worthless.

I fixed it, try again.

:bang:

You are NOT worthless. Feel better soon!

I LOVED that comment on that site. I wonder if we could post that entire comment here and the info it contains.

While Kate McCann remains in Portugal with the couple’s 2-year-old twins, Gerry McCann has worked tirelessly to keep his daughter’s picture and story in front of the public, and his efforts brought him to the United States this week.
“The key message that we had from agencies involved in missing children is that, when someone has been taken, to keep a high public profile and keep the public aware to possible sightings of Madeleine,” McCann told TODAY host Matt Lauer on Tuesday.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19927652/

PFM, I have no problem with the McCanns keeping Madeleine's name and picture in the forefront, but something is seriously wrong with the parents blogging about what responsible parents they are and talking about their jogging schedules. What they did to Madeleine and her siblings is neglect, and they have no right trying to tell others how to protect their children.

While Kate McCann remains in Portugal with the couple’s 2-year-old twins, Gerry McCann has worked tirelessly to keep his daughter’s picture and story in front of the public, and his efforts brought him to the United States this week.
“The key message that we had from agencies involved in missing children is that, when someone has been taken, to keep a high public profile and keep the public aware to possible sightings of Madeleine,” McCann told TODAY host Matt Lauer on Tuesday.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19927652/

What about that rash of sightings in Morocco, was it? The McCanns didn't pay much attention to those. People reporting left and right they'd seen Madeleine, and the McCanns just waved it away.

Hello mrsmousemat, welcome.

In agreeing with Shazza and colomom, I also want to say that I believe part of what we're dealing with is based on cultural differences. Living in America, we're used to a certain way parents "behave" when their children go missing.

I've seen a reference to the Mc Canns having a nanny in this thread...The McCann's are Celts - in that they are from Scotland and Liverpool - a place with lots of Irish/Welsh ancestry. The reference to 'Nanny' is the Celt way of saying 'grandmother', and this is who would normally look after the children if the parents are absent.

The diffrence is that, in the South of England, a 'Nanny' is usually a person who has been employed to look after the children - not a family member, so that is why I think a reference was to the children's grandmother - being a Celt myself.

Also, Celts are more like Italians - in that they like to be in a family group or a group of friends. Having a stranger look after your children is still a bit frowned on...the babysitter would be a stranger, so maybe they did not want a babysitter for this reason...although this idea is not so strong as it was.

Education is traditionally very important to Celts and therefore they would want the children to go to a playgroup, especially to keep things a normal as possible. By their accents, the parents do not seem to come from very rich backgrounds, so it is likely that they would consider that their success is due to their education. and want their children to learn things at every opportunity.

I can't explain the 'search behaviour' but the only reason I can think of is that in British cop shows, one parent is always advised to stay home in case the missing child comes home.

I'm not saying that I know that these are the reasons for their behaviour - just that they maybe a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste