Madeleine McCann found?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO they weren't charged so they would remain cooperative and talking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impossible, if only because they were never cooperative, and they never talked.

:banghead:

I dont think the PJ went down this road as they were just not interested in this outcome - despite what people think it was not a cut and dried neglect case and it would have distracted from the main case -

Amaral did think that he had them after the dogs work - especialy in the hire car which should have been the smoking gun. When the case started to fall apart after the forensic reports came back with nothing conclusive and Amaral was taken off then that. -

I think you are bang on the money there.
I think after the initial investigations, there was virtually nothing concrete to go on in any direction. The PJ most likely felt that the eyes of the world were on them and "had" to come to a result and they most likely went on what they "thought" was the stronger of the options, rightly or wrongly.

Once it got to that point, the neglect issue was not even an option because it was not in any way solving the case, it was kind of a side issue that would have been hard to prove and a failure in the terms of the investigation, in that whatever had really happened, would still have been unknown either way.

I think you are bang on the money there.
I think after the initial investigations, there was virtually nothing concrete to go on in any direction. The PJ most likely felt that the eyes of the world were on them and "had" to come to a result and they most likely went on what they "thought" was the stronger of the options, rightly or wrongly.

Once it got to that point, the neglect issue was not even an option because it was not in any way solving the case, it was kind of a side issue that would have been hard to prove and a failure in the terms of the investigation, in that whatever had really happened, would still have been unknown either way.

Thers nothing to say in either the continuing investigation or in the public prosecutors final report to say the original police teams conclusion was wrong, thats the nub

Basically nothinghas changed since sept 07, and the PPs report states inblack and white it is not clear if this was an abduction or a homicide accidental or intentional

the police had no concrete evidence to charge them, it happens

Let's see what comes of the investigative review.

Probably nothing but there is a rumour about that it is not going well for the McCanns.

That's the trouble with Rumours, especially in this Case. They are nearly always wrong, but somehow they then morph into Fact.

That's the trouble with Rumours, especially in this Case. They are nearly always wrong, but somehow they then morph into Fact.

very true sabot, there are many myths still being touted by many in this case, but there are definitely alot of facts which raise an eyebrow or two at least

thats why its a shelved case with no evidence of an abduction

very true sabot, there are many myths still being touted by many in this case, but there are definitely alot of facts which raise an eyebrow or two at least

thats why its a shelved case with no evidence of an abduction

Nor is there any evidence of Madeleine's death, other than misinterpretations. The Portuguese Attorney General said that there was no evidence of either, or of any crime having been committed by any of The Arguidos. That is why The Arguido Status was lifted and the Case shelved. Although Scotland Yard appears to have found evidence of an Abduction. They aren't saying what it is that they have found because The British Police don't make a habit of leaking information.

Nor is there any evidence of Madeleine's death, other than misinterpretations. The Portuguese Attorney General said that there was no evidence of either, or of any crime having been committed by any of The Arguidos. That is why The Arguido Status was lifted and the Case shelved. Although Scotland Yard appears to have found evidence of an Abduction. They aren't saying what it is that they have found because The British Police don't make a habit of leaking information.

Really? SY have found evidence of abduction? Do link to it

As for the Portuguese ag and pp, they said there was no evidence of any crime, full stop, they never cleared the mccanns and neither did the british police who said there is nothing that exonerates them

The Portuguese attorney cleared Murat and the mccanns at the same time. they said there was no evidence any of them had committed any crime.

Scotland yard have said that after review in the case for over a year they believe madeleine was taken in a criminal act by a stranger.

The Portuguese attorney cleared Murat and the mccanns at the same time. they said there was no evidence any of them had committed any crime.

Scotland yard have said that after review in the case for over a year they believe madeleine was taken in a criminal act by a stranger.

They are not reviewing the case.

They are reviewing the INVESTIGATION.

Fine line there, but an important one.

Can you please post a link where SY state definitively that they believe a stranger abduction occured? I wonder (in view of the lack of physical evidence) how they have come to this conclusion, if indeed they have?

No thisis incorrect

the PT authorities stated that any evidenceagainst murat evaporated

The mccanns failed to prove their innocence, they were never cleared kf all suspicion, never

The mccanns and murat have never once been in a position to need to prove their innocence because they were made aguidos in Portugal and there it is up to the prosecutor to prove their guilt. It is assumed that until a court has proven a person's guilt a person is innocent. therefore the McCanns and Murat are innocent. The portuguese attorney general stated clearly that there was no evidence the mccanns or murat had committed any crime.
I have linked several times to Scotland yard stating madeleine was taken in a criminal act by a stranger but here is an article about it http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/apr/25/madeleine-mccann-yard-case

I have linked several times to Scotland yard stating madeleine was taken in a criminal act by a stranger but here is an article about it http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/apr/25/madeleine-mccann-yard-case

Interestingly, this is the Official statement from the Metropolitan Police from the same date as the newspaper article

http://content.met.police.uk/News/D...nn-is-still-alive/1400008147005/1257246745756

I can't see anywhere in the official statement that she was taken in a criminal act by a stranger.
Isn't it odd that it is a Murder team carrrying out the review!

Don't make me laugh
http://www.channel4.com/news/andrew-mitchell-i-did-not-show-police-respect?google_editors_picks=true

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/913098-scotland-yard-detective-charged-over-news-of-the-world-leaks

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ks-at-the-heart-of-scotland-yard-7646599.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17151394

Yeah, Scotland Yard, not in the habit of leaking information!

Interestingly, this is the Official statement from the Metropolitan Police from the same date as the newspaper article

http://content.met.police.uk/News/D...nn-is-still-alive/1400008147005/1257246745756

I can't see anywhere in the official statement that she was taken in a criminal act by a stranger.
Isn't it odd that it is a Murder team carrrying out the review!

The team carrying out the review are made up of detectives with experience in child abductions and murders (lets face it they are often linked).
Do you think Redwood was lying when he said the police believed she was abducted in a criminal act by a stranger. He certainly said it, even on TV interviews, so either he is lying or telling the truth. I believe he was telling the truth.

The team carrying out the review are made up of detectives with experience in child abductions and murders (lets face it they are often linked).
Do you think Redwood was lying when he said the police believed she was abducted in a criminal act by a stranger. He certainly said it, even on TV interviews, so either he is lying or telling the truth. I believe he was telling the truth.

Please provide a MSM TV link to where Redwood said this :)

the TV programme Daybreak on 27 april 2012 interviewed redwood where he stated it was a criminal act by a stranger. If you google it you should be able to find the video.

So either andy redwood is lying, or telling the tuth, or he does not have th einformation that those claiming madeleine died in the flat do (and I sincerely hope those claiming they know madeleine is dead have handed in their evidence).

Yeah, this is the interview where he says Madeleine is either alive or dead.

Dan Lobb:

Do you believe she is still alive?

Redwood:

Yes I do.

Dan Lobb:

Why?

Redwood:

I believe she’s still alive because, at the beginning of this case…it’s a huge privilege for us at the Metropolitan Police to be part of this investigation…er, investigation review. Is that we came with a completely open mind.

[2 minutes]

We were untouched by anything that’s gone before, and, as part of that, two key elements of it is to go: 1 Madeleine is alive and the other is, sadly she’s not...and in relation to her being alive, yes, there is a real possibility that she’s alive

Kate Garraway:

So what are the things that make you think that…because I think you know we’re all clinging to the hope, aren’t we?

Dan Lobb:

Yeah. I mean it’s kind of hard evidence but there is still going to be hope - as long as she’s not found dead

Redwood:

Yes, I mean, you know, we have conducted a forensic analysis of the timeline, and there is clearly opportunity there - for Madeleine McCann to have been removed from that apartment alive - and it is our belief, as experienced investigators - on the evidence, that, um that you know, that that, that is as a criminal act - and that has been, you know, undertaken by by a stranger, and so from that - she’s… and there are other cases around the world, as you know where, many years later, people have been taken and been found alive

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t4781-dci-redwood-on-daybreak-video-added

He's kind of a rambling speaker but this fails to convince me that they have found evidence that Madeleine was taken by a stranger. Basically he's saying that they have established that there was opportunity for a stranger to have done so and if this was a stranger abduction we know that children have been found alive years later.

A window of opportunity in the timeline is not nearly the same thing as evidence a stranger entered and took her.

I would have thought that the Police would almost always work on the positive assumption until proven otherwise.
Nearly every case where the Police make a statement or are interviewed in an ongoing investigation (where there is no person found at that time), the Police always seem to make the announcement along the lines of the person hopefully being found alive and that is perfectly understandable imo.

The difficulty in the Madeleine Review is the amount of time it is taking to complete the review contradicts the TV statements.
If the UK police truly believed in the 195 historic leads that are up to 5 years old, then surely the priority would be to be following up these leads as a matter of urgency, not concentrating on Psychic leads and the ongoing review?

Why is the Commissioner Hogan - Howe making statements about future funding and decisions by Christmas? surely that statement in itself portrays a lack of urgency in actually looking for a live child?

5 years is long time, if Madeleine was abducted, the likelihood from past cases is that she would not have lived long, but the chances of her still being alive over 5 years later must be miniscule

I would have thought that the Police would almost always work on the positive assumption until proven otherwise.
Nearly every case where the Police make a statement or are interviewed in an ongoing investigation (where there is no person found at that time), the Police always seem to make the announcement along the lines of the person hopefully being found alive and that is perfectly understandable imo.

The difficulty in the Madeleine Review is the amount of time it is taking to complete the review contradicts the TV statements.
If the UK police truly believed in the 195 historic leads that are up to 5 years old, then surely the priority would be to be following up these leads as a matter of urgency, not concentrating on Psychic leads and the ongoing review?

Why is the Commissioner Hogan - Howe making statements about future funding and decisions by Christmas? surely that statement in itself portrays a lack of urgency in actually looking for a live child?

5 years is long time, if Madeleine was abducted, the likelihood from past cases is that she would not have lived long, but the chances of her still being alive over 5 years later must be miniscule

All the cases quoted have been of teenage abductions and not three yr olds

Which three year old has ever been abducted by a stranger and found years later? Sadly as you say the chances are off the richter scale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx