Madeleine McCann found?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has missing girl Madeleine McCann finally been found? Cops reportedly take DNA from a young girl British and American tourists are saying could be the missing tot allegedly snatched from a resort she and her family were visiting right before her fourth birthday. Tune into Nancy Grace tonight for the latest developments at 8 PM ET on HLN.

Why on earth would american tourists say this could be her? How would they know.
I think this is another NG "bombshell" that means nothing. jmo of course. But, I would have to think that the DNA results are not back yet.

Hi Everyone, Wouldn't it be simply a miracle to have Maddie found after { Correction} 5 years - and ALIVE! I pray this is what is going to happen.

Realistically tho I remember when there was a sighting of her in North Africa and it turned out the spokesman for the McCann's {name ???} had planted the info to generate a possible 'live' sighting of her. Oh, Clarence :moo: Several times he engineered sightings thru other people connected to the McCann, like up in Amsterdam, right?

Ir'll all come back as I lived and breathed her case, was a Mod elsewhere in a European forum. I sure hope she is found alive. Miracles happen every day. :please:

xox

There must be another anniversary coming up. Or did GM write a book this time that needs some publicity? How many millions have they made off this?

sigh....poor Madeleine.

MOO

Hi Everyone, Wouldn't it be simply a miracle to have Maddie found after { Correction} 5 years - and ALIVE! I pray this is what is going to happen.

Realistically tho I remember when there was a sighting of her in North Africa and it turned out the spokesman for the McCann's {name ???} had planted the info to generate a possible 'live' sighting of her. Oh, Clarence :moo: Several times he engineered sightings thru other people connected to the McCann, like up in Amsterdam, right?

Ir'll all come back as I lived and breathed her case, was a Mod elsewhere in a European forum. I sure hope she is found alive. Miracles happen every day. :please:

xox

This is simply not true. Clarence Mitchell has never instigated a false sighting. There would be absolutely no purpose to this.
Or are you suggesting that Clarence Mitchell, a stranger to The McCanns before the disappearance of Madeleine, has deliberately aided and abetted The McCanns in covering up a crime?

There are a lot of blonde, little girls around, and people simply want to help.
But it is comforting to me that people are still looking for Madeleine.

The appalling lies that are being still being spread about this Case are not helping, yours being one of the least damaging, I must say.

Pat Brown needs to reevaluate how often she gets things wrong, probably due to the fact that she spouts off a load of rubbish from the top of her head without looking at the facts. I won't bother to mention any Case in particular. You all know what I am talking about

The last we heard she was wandering around Praia da Luz in Portugal with a trowel and a metal detector, and digging around in Ancient Burial Sites because she seems to think that The McCanns might have nipped a few miles up the road in the very short time they had to dispose of the body of their daughter in a country that they had never visited before.
She is very lucky that she wasn't arrested.

She also effectively proved that Madeleine's bedroom shutters could have been opened from outside, and actually produced a video to show that this was possible, although I am still trying to work out how this helped.

That woman is dangerous because silly people often believe her. She does affect Public Opinion, which could affect possible Jurors. And while I respect your First Amendment, it does carry responsibilities which seem to have escaped Pat Brown.
I don't need a First Amendment to tell me what is acceptable and what isn't.

I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way.......but maybe they are "piggy-backing" on the media coverage that Etan Patz's case has gotten as of late..... from a "marketing" view, this is brilliant on "their" part....... while the public is sympathetic and disappointed about the latest revelations in the Etan Patz case, the public may be more apt to be sympathetic to their plight and stop looking at "them" and continue looking for others........ JMHO

I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way.......but maybe they are "piggy-backing" on the media coverage that Etan Patz's case has gotten as of late..... from a "marketing" view, this is brilliant on "their" part....... while the public is sympathetic and disappointed about the latest revelations in the Etan Patz case, the public may be more apt to be sympathetic to their plight and stop looking at "them" and continue looking for others........ JMHO

Not sure what you mean, and believe me, I do know how difficult it can be to put thoughts into words.
The McCanns would always be heartened by the finding of a lost child, but I don't think they want to detract from the finding of Madeleine. Or to use the disappearance of another child in the process.

Can you tell me who is Etan Patz? And then I might be better able to understand.

There must be another anniversary coming up. Or did GM write a book this time that needs some publicity? How many millions have they made off this?

sigh....poor Madeleine.

MOO

Madeleine's birthday.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2012/04/26/19682221.html
Portuguese authorities say they will not reopen the inquiry into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a British girl who went missing while her parents were on vacation in 2007.

"There are no new elements at the moment that would allow for the reopening of the inquiry," Pedro do Carmo, the deputy head of the criminal police department, said Thursday, the news agency AFP reported

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17852433
"'Young girl now'

Speaking about the computer generated image issued on Wednesday, Mr Mitchell said: "We need to remind people around the world that this is probably what Madeleine looks like today, not the very famous picture of her when she went missing. This is Madeleine as a young girl now."

He also told BBC Breakfast that Mr and Mrs McCann were "coping as best they can".

Det Ch Insp Andy Redwood, who is leading the UK review, told the BBC's Panorama programme his team were "seeking to bring closure to the case".

He said he understood her disappearance was an abduction, mentioning 195 "investigative opportunities" which could advance the case, but police did not reveal what evidence they had to imply that Madeleine was still alive.

Mr Redwood said pan-European procedures were in place for action if a significant lead was discovered"

Madeleine could have been taken anywhere, obviously. And where ever she is there is a possibility that she will be taken out somewhere.
The important thing is that people are still looking. Her parents, Kate and Gerry have accomplished this by their unrelenting campaign to keep her in the public eye. And there is no way they would have done so much to find her if they had been responsible in any way.

I agree. I have yet to ever hear of a case where guilty parents continue on, year after year, trying to find their kid and publicizing it.

There is no active investigation in Portugal. Yet, they continue to bring this case into the public eye, year after year. If they were guilty, they could just quietly fade out, like many others (OJ of "I will search for the killers for the rest of my life" fame, for example). But, they keep on.

IMO, these parents made a huge mistake leaving their babies alone in a hotel room in a foreign country. But, that's all they are guilty of. :moo:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2012/04/26/19683031.html
"The likelihood of finding an abducted child has sharply increased in recent years due to technological advances in the way searches are conducted and a greater awareness that fast action saves lives, said Ernie Allen, president of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children"

"The recovery rate for the estimated 115 children abducted by strangers each year, a very small but alarming segment of children reported missing annually, is less heartening. Allen said an average of 57 percent of them come home alive and 40 percent are killed. The rest remain open cases"

I agree. I have yet to ever hear of a case where guilty parents continue on, year after year, trying to find their kid and publicizing it.

There is no active investigation in Portugal. Yet, they continue to bring this case into the public eye, year after year. If they were guilty, they could just quietly fade out, like many others (OJ of "I will search for the killers for the rest of my life" fame, for example). But, they keep on.

IMO, these parents made a huge mistake leaving their babies alone in a hotel room in a foreign country. But, that's all they are guilty of. :moo:

I agree. They were in vacation mode. Lovely beach vacation. They let down their guard. If only they had taken a nanny with them! I have tremendous empathy for these parents. IMO, they didn't murder their child. So sad to think they could end up like Etan's parents, still wondering 33 years later.

I hope you're right.

But as we've seen on this website, there really is no rhyme or reason when it comes to violence, especially against children. It's nice to believe "blood is thicker than water." Some of the most heinous perps are the ones you talk to on a daily basis, ones that you'd never once suspect. The ones that would make your blood run cold if you had even an inkling of what they were capable of doing. Smart perps know that their lack of criminal record is in their favor. Quite simply, anyone is capable of anything given the right circumstances.

So, to play devil's advocate, if one were fairly certain nothing was to be found, there would be a strong incentive to throw investigators occasional red herrings.
Maybe it is also a way to keep her memory alive. I never thought they killed her on purpose. I don't really understand this pro-McCann media campaign coming from the UK. The sniffer dogs already told the story what happened there. There wasn't enough evidence to bring the parents to justice but we basically know what happened. The dogs were never wrong before and they weren't wrong this time. Dogs don't lie :)

Maybe it is also a way to keep her memory alive. I never thought they killed her on purpose. I don't really understand this pro-McCann media campaign coming from the UK. The sniffer dogs already told the story what happened there. There wasn't enough evidence to bring the parents to justice but we basically know what happened. The dogs were never wrong before and they weren't wrong this time. Dogs don't lie :)

The dogs found no evidence of any harm to Madeleine. The blood in the appartment wasn't Madeleine's, but that of other people.
Also, largely ignored, Eddie the cadaver dog was originally trained to scent Blood, so no one knows what he was alerting to, not even his handler.
Eddie did alert to the car key fob, but that only contained the DNA of Gerry McCann.
The small quantity of fluids found in the car boot were not definable but could have come from any member of The McCann Family as there was a mixture of DNA from more than one person. Everything found was inconclusive, and there was nothing to suggest that Madeleine had ever been in the car.

It is not possible to say that the dogs had never been wrong before because no one knows what they have or haven't found, although Eddie did once alert to a piece of coconut shell, and also once completely missed a buried body on land he was set to search.
Dogs are a Tool. They are not Evidence.

My heart skipped a beats when i seen the title of this thread.

It's just my opinion that Kate an Gerry had nothing to do with this and that madeline was abducted,I've never had that guy feeling that they had harmed her or she was no longer with us like I'm other cases although they were definitely in the wrong leaving the kids in the apartment alone while they went for dinner, that's just a decision I will never understand and I'm sure they both will regret it for the rest of their lives.

I still hold out hope that she will be found one day but it's been such a high profile case IMO the person or persons who took her may have paniced.

The dogs found no evidence of any harm to Madeleine. The blood in the appartment wasn't Madeleine's, but that of other people.
Also, largely ignored, Eddie the cadaver dog was originally trained to scent Blood, so no one knows what he was alerting to, not even his handler.
Eddie did alert to the car key fob, but that only contained the DNA of Gerry McCann.
The small quantity of fluids found in the car boot were not definable but could have come from any member of The McCann Family as there was a mixture of DNA from more than one person. Everything found was inconclusive, and there was nothing to suggest that Madeleine had ever been in the car.

It is not possible to say that the dogs had never been wrong before because no one knows what they have or haven't found, although Eddie did once alert to a piece of coconut shell, and also once completely missed a buried body on land he was set to search.
Dogs are a Tool. They are not Evidence.
Eddie was a trained cadaver dog. In over 200 previous outings he never gave a false alert. To say that out of all the cars and apartments they searched he just so happened to alert on 2 locations in the McCanns rental car, in several locations in their apartment, in the garden, on Madeleine's clothes, her toy, 2 of her mother's clothes must be worlds biggest miracle. Amazing that so many police use these dogs if they can be so wrong. Or maybe this is just the simplest explanation why the parents refused to cooperate with the Portuguese police, refused to do a reconstruction of that night, told one lie after the other, refused to take a lie detector test, etc etc... The dogs don't lie. They simply did what they were trained to do. That it isn't enough legal evidence to convict them in a court of law is a whole different matter.

For anyone interested in the details I recommend: http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/forum

Eddie was a trained cadaver dog. In over 200 previous outings he never gave a false alert. To say that out of all the cars and apartments they searched he just so happened to alert on 2 locations in the McCanns rental car, in several locations in their apartment, in the garden, on Madeleine's clothes, her toy, 2 of her mother's clothes must be worlds biggest miracle. Amazing that so many police use these dogs if they can be so wrong. Or maybe this is just the simplest explanation why the parents refused to cooperate with the Portuguese police, refused to do a reconstruction of that night, told one lie after the other, refused to take a lie detector test, etc etc... The dogs don't lie. They simply did what they were trained to do. That it isn't enough legal evidence to convict them in a court of law is a whole different matter.

For anyone interested in the details I recommend: http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/forum

The McCanns have never refused to do a Reconstruction. But The Portuguese Police refused to do a Reconstruction in May 2007 at a time when it might have helped. This is on record.

Eddie, The supposed Cadaver Dog was originally trained for Search and Rescue of Live Bodies, and to Scent Blood. He was later retrained on Dead Pig because The UK is not allowed to use actual Cadavers. This is all on Record. Although I have to say that even my dog could find a Cadaver if there was one.

Eddie only alerted to the Blood on the car key fob from a cut on the finger of Gerry McCann. Eddie was never placed in the car. This is also on record.

In so far as Cadaver Dogs are concerned, it might be a good idea to watch the testimony of the dog handler in The Casey Anthony Case. She stated in Court that Cadaver Dogs will alert to other things if no Cadaver Scent is present. And that all Body Fluids degrade into producing a Cadaver Scent after they have left even a live person. This includes Urine and Semen.

But if you all want to watch a real Hate Fest then by all means do click on that Link. That Forum beats anything horrible that I have ever seen on any American Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3