Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this not just rehashed news, Lynda? We’ve known about the Bavarian tip for weeks.

You don’t have a screenshot of the original article do you? I’m wondering it the article stated Net Closing? If not maybe LE are even closer than ever before to charging him, could be the Media have been tipped off that due to CBs hearing tomorrow, LE are preparing to charge him in connection with MM? the fact that there main tip regarding CBs calls on 3rd May came from Bavaria...will be part of the evidence I therefore assume info has been removed.

I don’t know how Portuguese law works, but if it was the same Lia Silva but just a shortened version of Liliana, wouldn’t her house be repossessed for her debts?

That’s a very good point, but possible her house isn’t in her name...people who avoid tax are usually very clued up on these kind of things.

You don’t have a screenshot of the original article do you? I’m wondering it the article stated Net Closing? If not maybe LE are even closer than ever before to charging him, could be the Media have been tipped off that due to CBs hearing tomorrow, LE are preparing to charge him in connection with MM? the fact that there main tip regarding CBs calls on 3rd May came from Bavaria...will be part of the evidence I therefore assume info has been removed.

I doubt I do, Lynda, more’s the pity. I tend to just keep articles in my head because they’re fleeting and unreliable - now that I’m typing this, it would probably make more sense to have screenshot those because they’re so changeable. I usually only grab official things like pics, things from PJ files etc.
Had to increase my cloud allowance for this forum though, so I’ll have a look lol

That’s a very good point, but possible her house isn’t in her name...people who avoid tax are usually very clued up on these kind of things.

Very true. But then again, would someone who was avoiding tax give an interview to and allow herself to be photographed by MSM outside an asset? Even if it’s not in her name, I’m sure she wouldn’t want to draw attention to it?

I doubt I do, Lynda, more’s the pity. I tend to just keep articles in my head because they’re fleeting and unreliable - now that I’m typing this, it would probably make more sense to have screenshot those because they’re so changeable. I usually only grab official things like pics, things from PJ files etc.
Had to increase my cloud allowance for this forum though, so I’ll have a look lol[/QUOTE

I have found in quite a few cases I’ve read so far that info given out by the media is often edited at a later date...it’s a real pain Betty but imo it usually happens when LE are very close to charging their suspect.

Last edited:
Very true. But then again, would someone who was avoiding tax give an interview to and allow herself to be photographed by MSM outside an asset? Even if it’s not in her name, I’m sure she wouldn’t want to draw attention to it?

Perhaps she been declared bankrupt & she knows they can’t touch the house? She probably felt she had no choice in talking to the media, they were probably camped outside her home asking all sorts of questions. She lives there now with her 8 dogs which supposedly continuously barked when someone approached the gate. If the debts did turn out to belong to our LS, I would bet they were accumulated from unpaid taxes relating to IAPRS, the same logic applies if it were to be the same DS on the unpaid tax list & CB phone calls. We know NF had unpaid taxes & is on the list. There are an awful lot of names on that list but I’m inclined to think if we carefully went through them all we could potentially find other names connected to MM investigation.

Last edited:
Perhaps she been declared bankrupt & she knows they can’t touch the house? She probably felt she had no choice in talking to the media, they were probably camped outside her home asking all sorts of questions. She lives there now with her 8 dogs which supposedly continuously barked when someone approached the gate. If the debts did turn out to belong to our LS, I would bet they were accumulated from unpaid taxes relating to IAPRS, the same logic applies if it were to be the same DS on the unpaid tax list & CB phone calls. We know NF had unpaid taxes & is on the list. There are an awful lot of names on that list but I’m inclined to think if we carefully went through them all we could potentially find other names connected to MM investigation.

I’m sure we could. I’ll get a look through it tomorrow... I took a quick scan through it earlier and got overwhelmed by the amount of Marias lol.
I saw someone earlier had posted saying the DS associated with the phone number was only 15. Not saying it has any relevance whatsoever, but I know of a few folk around my own hometown that were put on their family’s assets while underage to avoid tax....

I’m sure we could. I’ll get a look through it tomorrow... I took a quick scan through it earlier and got overwhelmed by the amount of Marias lol.
I saw someone earlier had posted saying the DS associated with the phone number was only 15. Not saying it has any relevance whatsoever, but I know of a few folk around my own hometown that were put on their family’s assets while underage to avoid tax....[/QUOTE

The poster who said about DS the owner of the phone who was only 15, the link that was posted was to reddit...another sleuthing type website, so again we have no reliable source to that...I’m taking it with a huge pinch of salt. Whilst you’re talking of Maria’s...I wonder if CB supposed GF is on the list.

Am I missing something? I kind of expected a discussion about the Portugese police search of wells. Why search now but not in the initial investigation? Is there some new intelligence? (Article in Daily Mirror, which is not the best of sources I admit, yesterday.) Sorry it is too hard to link from my phone.

And why would the Portugese police keep this quiet and not tell the German police?

The Allegro was only around 16 to 18 years old when he bought it. Are you saying you can pick up a 16 year old Allegro in Germany for £5k? I think they'll be a lot more than that.

Found the article, where it was written, that the Tiffin Allegro shall have been bought at an auction. So it could have been purchased very cheap.

Neue Beweise gegen Christian B.: Badeanzüge, USB-Sticks und grausige Bilder

"Bei der Suche nach der am 2. Mai 2015 verschwundenen Inga Gehricke stießen die Ermittler laut des Berichts bereits vor vier Jahren in einer alten Kistenfabrik in Neuwegersleben bei Magdeburg auf ein Wohnmobil, das B. bei einer Zwangsversteigerung gekauft haben soll. Das neun Meter lange Gefährt könnte den 43-Jährigen jetzt überführen. Die Funde in dem Wohnmobil verstärken die immer erdrückendere Beweislast gegen B."

Roads blocks are vital when a toddler vanishes in an overseas Country, especially one that is infamous in child sex trafficking! The police were not interested from the get go. They must have known WHY they had been called to an emergency at The Ocean Club. But whilst en route, another call came in for a suspected burglary taking place miles away.. The 1st error in the emergency of MM was made right then, when them officers performed a U-turn and drove miles out to an alarm that was sounding! The rest is history! Bas*#@+* X

I know these were popular tabloid memes but no country closes borders or puts up roadblocks when kids go missing

How would it even be possible?

Around my own city it would simply be impossible. And what would you do in respect of a local small town. Close the auto bahn?

Let's be a bit realistic

Am I missing something? I kind of expected a discussion about the Portugese police search of wells. Why search now but not in the initial investigation? Is there some new intelligence? (Article in Daily Mirror, which is not the best of sources I admit, yesterday.) Sorry it is too hard to link from my phone.

And why would the Portugese police keep this quiet and not tell the German police?

They did search many wells, waterways and reservoirs in the original investigation. But the further you go from PDL the more there is to search

Okay - I've had to "skip" over about 200 posts here - sorry - no time to read...
so hopefully someone will correct me - IF - this is not happening today.

I've been taking notes as I've read along here - so it's quite long but wanted to get the info down in one place - but I shall shorten it up a bit after posting it here. :)

And - IF I have anything wrong - please let me know! TIA!

Thursday, July 16th:
*Ruling Hearing (@ am CET) – Germany/Portugal – Madeleine Beth McCann (3) (May 3, 2007, disappeared from hotel room while sleeping with her younger twin siblings, while parents ate at restaurant near the Mark Warner Ocean Summer Club in Praia da Luz; not found) - *Christian Brueckner (43) Suspect.
Back in Germany in 2011, he was sentenced for trafficking narcotic drugs, and then in 2016 he was convicted for child sex abuse & possessing indecent images. His reported total of 17 previous convictions also include theft & forging documents. In December last year, Brueckner was convicted of the 2005 rape in Portugal & jailed for seven years, but the sentence has not yet been imposed because of an ongoing appeal (set for 7/16/20). He is currently serving a 21-month sentence for drug trafficking on the Island of Sylt in the northern German city of Kiel. After traveling to Italy to take a holiday, he was arrested again at the end of September 2018 in Milan, and extradited to Germany. In August 2019 authorities in Braunschweig charged him with the 2005 rape of the US woman, with his conviction following in December, 2019. CB was caught stealing diesel & got 8 ½ months in prison on remand waiting for a trial in Portimao, Spain. Jailed from April 7, 2006 to December 21, 2006.
6/1/20 Update: The Metropolitan Police have not named the man who is described as white with short blond hair, possibly fair, and about 6 ft. tall with a slim build. The 43-year-old drifter, who was living in a camper van close to where Maddie went missing, is considered a prime suspect in the case. According to the German Federal Criminal Police Office the suspect is a sex offender with multiple previous convictions. The suspect, who is in prison in Germany for an unrelated matter, has been linked to an early 1980s camper van - with a white upper body & yellow skirting, registered in Portugal - which was pictured in the Algarve in 2007. The day after Maddie went missing, the suspect got the car re-registered in Germany under someone else's name, although it is believed the vehicle was still in Portugal. He's 43 now. At the time he was 30, but he could have looked aged somewhere between 25 and 32.
6/7/20 Update: Christian Brueckner is facing investigations over the deaths or disappearance of at least three other children. Prosecutors in Belgium have confirmed they are investigating if he was connected to the murder of 16-year-old Carola Titze, whose body was found in sand dunes in De Haan, near Ostend, July 5, 1996. August 4, 1995: disappearance of the Rotterdam boy Jaïr Soares (7), while he is playing on the beach at Monster (the Netherlands). René Hasee was six when he went missing June 21, 1996 while on holiday in Aljezur, around 25 miles from Praia da Luz. Brueckner was living in the region at the time. Police in Germany are also investigating whether Brueckner was involved in the disappearance of five-year-old Inga Gehricke on May 2, 2015, after it emerged he had been nearby. Inge has not been found. In Portugal, police face pressure to re-examine the case of Joana Cipriano, eight, who disappeared in 2004 from Figueira, seven miles from Praia da Luz. Her mother & uncle allegedly confessed to her killing but her mother has since said she was forced to admit to the crime by police who beat her. Joana has never been found. German police are probing whether Brueckner was responsible for abducting Inga five years ago, and snatching and killing a nine-year-old girl almost two decades ago. The death of Peggy Knobloch, dubbed the "German Maddie" by British tabloids over the years, has been called Germany's most mysterious criminal case. The youngster vanished on her way home from school in May 2001 and her remains weren't discovered until July 2016, when mushroom pickers found human bones in a forest nine miles from Peggy's home in Lichtenberg, Bavaria. More info: Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner faces probes over FIVE child murder victims | Daily Mail Online
6/8/20 Update: The Portuguese police are on the trail of an ex-employee of the holiday domain where the McCann family stayed in 2007 when daughter Maddie disappeared there. The man is suspected of complicity in the Maddie McCann case. The night before the disappearance of the British toddler he had several contacts with the German prime suspect Christian Brückner. A crooked hotel worker and an innocent receptionist may have given Madeleine McCann's suspected abductor the opportunity to break in to her family's holiday apartment. The holiday complex receptionist noted the block dinner reservation in a staff register that was available for all to see at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz. The employee tipped off Christian B that the McCanns and their friends ate each night at the same poolside bar. It also reported that the employee had Christian B's mobile phone number in his own phone.
6/17/20 Update: There is a chance Brueckner could be released from prison on July 17 if the European Court of Justice overturns his conviction for the rape of the 72-year-old American woman in Portugal. The ruling is set to be made in a July 16 hearing which has been fast-tracked because of the nature of Brueckner’s case. Of the potential outcomes, Portugal could give retrospective permission for the extradition, or the court could order a retrial. The third possibility is that Brueckner could have his conviction overturned and be released – potentially then fleeing to a country without an extradition treaty with Germany. Bundesgerichtshof must decide whether or not to release suspect Brückner.

I was sure LS had said it but I’ve searched for a link & cant find one. I’m probably getting muddled up...it’s possible that I’ve read he's meant to be Italian in the comments here, however I don’t think our mystery Roman is Italian or has the surname Scott, imo.
The only mention I was able to find is here on the Mail's piece on Foral -

"One neighbour, who said she 'instantly' recognised Brueckner and his van when images emerged on TV, urged police to track down the property's former tenants.

The German woman and an Italian man rented the property from Miss Silva for seven years until 2009"

Christian Brueckner 'terrorised residents of Portuguese village

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member