Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the info about CB selling the VW to the scrapyard in 2015 for 5000 Euro I have wondered how that was possible, back then the info from the BKA report was that the VW was never registered in CB's name and that it had Portuguese plates. Legally he wouldn't be able to sell it. Not sure if that info has changed since?

The VW turned up in the story after CB/MT came out of prison Dec 2006. There were no sightings of it at the farmhouse in PDL or before they went to prison April 2006. There were no traces of the VW ever being in Germany/N.Europe

Although CB/MT had possession of a blue Bedford (at time of arrest still registered under the previous owner) when released, for some reason this was left parked at the scrapyard (the only address the police had on CB) until as Amaral says, police went looking for CB in 2007, yes, that is true. What Amaral didn't say was that the police went looking for CB for his unpaid fines and nothing to do with MM. The Bedford was impounded.

Could the VW just have been on loan to CB from the very helpful people at the scrapyard? CB wouldn't have had the means to purchase it as he had just come out of prison and had lost everything.

BP seems very helpful indeed, and for other reasons too.
An illegal sale of the camper to BP, whether it was or not, wouldn't raise an eyebrow imo.

"The Algarve-based businessman has refused to speak publicly, and his son (F) has admitted they bought the camper van off Brueckner."

"However, they insisted they were not close and only knew him because he used to leave his vehicle on their property during return trips to Germany
."

"His vehicle" - which one?
The westfalia was reportedly used as a family vehicle after the sale.

Madeleine McCann suspect went to extreme lengths to keep Portugal home secret

You need to remember that he was questioned by German LE in 2013 about MM after his name was put forward following a TV appeal.

Obviously we don't know what he said but he would certainly have been asked where he was on the night of the abduction. Given he was not pursued any further, I would suggest he gave an alibi that placed him away from the area. In that regard, the phone ping could then be damning.

Also, HCW made comments about CB potentially "changing his story", does he mean the "story" he told back in 2013.... JMO.

Thanks DLK - this is a very important point that we must keep in the forefront of our minds.

Then this must be a different Sergey in the PJ files. His name is also spelled differently:
V4qISo1.jpg
I don't think so, since there was only one man by that name who was a suspect at that time. It may be that the boyfriend's name was actually "Cristiano," and they left out the "o."

I think maybe in translation, or genuine human error.
I'd read through some statements recently, can't believe I missed a name of christian and a Julia.
I looked at the index, and didn't see either of the names, it is a big coincidence though, was someone not investigated about the *advertiser censored*, but then again it's Portugal, so prob not, and yes if that christian hasn't been looked into, then it should be

I don't think so, since there was only one man by that name who was a suspect at that time. It may be that the boyfriend's name was actually "Cristiano," and they left out the "o."
Exactly my point: human error.
Segei = Sergey.
Therefore we cannot rule out that Cristian in the PJ files = Christian.

Last edited:
That paper is written in Spanish so perhaps they were Spanish. Cristian and Cristián are Spanish names. Cristian is also used in Romania.

Spanish Names (page 2) - Behind the Name
The report in the PJ files is based on a phonecall from spain to the police. It's quite likely the caller never spelled out the name of the boyfriend on the actual call in which case it would be the officer who took the call's interpretation of how to spell it.

According to LS she found bricks of hash (probably 100 gram slabs of Morrocan) needles and a spoon after NF and then RN moved out/evicted, I think this was 2009? the last known sighting around that time of CB in Foral was summer 2007 after he found the pregnant girl, this is according the LS version of the story.
So unlikely the hash/needle/spoon in Foral is anything to do with CB
Agree.
The empty house was more than likely used as a squat by local users after NF moved out towards the end of 2009, yes.

Last edited:
You need to remember that he was questioned by German LE in 2013 about MM after his name was put forward following a TV appeal.

Obviously we don't know what he said but he would certainly have been asked where he was on the night of the abduction. Given he was not pursued any further, I would suggest he gave an alibi that placed him away from the area. In that regard, the phone ping could then be damning.

Also, HCW made comments about CB potentially "changing his story", does he mean the "story" he told back in 2013.... JMO.

I agree it could be a key piece of circumstantial evidence if they have other circumstantial evidence to tie him either to the crime scene or the crime itself.

But by itself, I think it is hardly damning seeing we know he lived not far away.

Such is the nature of circumstantial evidence. It is the cumulative nature which is important.

So far all we really have is a bunch of propensity reasoning.

We know he did a rape of a 72 year old woman. We know he had child *advertiser censored*. We know he was a drug dealer. We know he committed crimes like burglary.

But to me, none of this reaches the standard required of admissible similar fact evidence.

We have nothing to say he abducted a child before, or attacked a child.

We have nothing to say he murdered anyone before.

Maybe the germans have this evidence, but until I hear of it, I remain sceptical.

Then this must be a different Sergey in the PJ files. His name is also spelled differently:
V4qISo1.jpg
I don't think Christian is a common name in Portugal either or spelled differently?
I looked at the name spelling and all I could find was Cristiano without a “h”
I think the research was not accurate and the spelling of a name could also be sloppy
https://www.irn.mj.pt/sections/irn/...ownloadFile/file/Lista_de_nomes18-06-2015.pdf
ETA the name Christian is on the list that I linked,sorry about that,

Last edited:
This is my transcription of Skype chat from Spiegel report. This is the most complete I think.

A page before, hardly readable, seems to state a date: October 28, 2016.

panikspatz66 (*advertiser censored*)

hi

wahnsinnderholger (herald money)

wie läufts?;-)

ganz gut

und bei dir

ganz gut??? bei mir schlecht, will endlich ne kleine ficken!

ja wer will das nicht

etwas kleines einfangen und tageland benuzen, das wärs...

...ist auch nicht ungefährlich

och, wenn die beweise hinterher vernichtet werden...

mm

wenn zum beispiel der deepthroat zu lange dauerte... ;-)

wenn dann werde ich vieeeeele filmchen drehen...hehe

oh ja mach das

ich werde genaustens dokumentieren wie sie gequält wird...

cool

naja mal sehen, nicht nur reden sondern auch machen! hehe

;-)

We have nothing to say he abducted a child before, or attacked a child.

We have nothing to say he murdered anyone before.

Maybe the germans have this evidence, but until I hear of it, I remain sceptical.
That means nothing though does it? He doesn’t have to have murdered before to be guilty of murdering Madeleine.
And actually we do know he has sexually assaulted children before, many times in fact. We know he has an interest in children.

It is German LE that are placing great significance on this call, are suggesting it puts his phone in the area and are keen to speak to whomever it was that that phone called.

I assume they have reasons for this gleaned from use of people with expertise on phone masts, coupled with whatever other pings they may have locating his movements. Even 2.5 miles error is significant given the time of the call and how easily he could get to the crime scene in time.

My friend recently did jury service on a stolen treasure trial in the UK. Most of the case against the defendants was based on phone pings placing them at certain locations with a degree of accuracy that allowed a guilty verdict.

I agree it could be significant if they have something to connect him to the crime.

But by itself, it is hardly "damning"

it is not a crime to be in PDL and also not really surprising, if you live or lived nearby

That means nothing though does it? He doesn’t have to have murdered before to be guilty of murdering Madeleine.

All I am saying is at this stage, we have nothing public that connects him to the crime, apart from some apparent confessional statements.

Exactly my point: human error.
Segei = Sergey.
Therefore we cannot rule out that Cristian in the PJ files = Christian.
Yes, it's possible that it was Christian and it was translated to the Spanish version of the name. That doesn't necessarily point to him being the same Christian as the suspect. The media has somehow managed to track down many friends and girlfriends interviewed by LE but we don't have any confirmation he was connected to the woman who made the statement or to Sergey. It's possible that LE has this information but we just don't know. Imo

There's a problem here compared to the case you mention perhaps. Data here is 13YO and back to 2007. There's a detailed log from PDL mast's for May 3-4, 2007 I think. It may be really hard to recover additional data after 13Y due to data protection. If those 2 numbers were deemed suspect at the time, they could obtain their full history (both SIM and IMEI) and loading data (either bank account or store location with possible witnesses). Unfortunately those numbers weren't considered suspect at the time within the sea of calls they had.
Sadly you're right. From what MSM seem to be saying all they've bothered with is calls none of which seem to have been followed. Even in the case I cited with full phone data from 2015 it apparently took nearly two years to plough thru it all and hours to go thru it in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth