Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
pure speculation but nonetheless..
(...)
im sure its coincidence but it got my attention as it seemed uncanny and a little odd for it to be released then.

Of course, this temporal coincidence surprised many, including me.

The fact is that for some time now, enormous legal and financial efforts have been made in Germany to put an end to this cruel activity. And at the beginning of this year the first results were presented.

Not enough, some will say, but a start has been made.

What I wanted to say is that CB has never been named by the media or the police in this context. Which is not to say that he is not in contact with or part of these paedophile rings. According to his known criminal profile so far, he is rather a loner in sexual crimes and has at best looked for buddies outside the crimes against children (diesel theft).

It is of course possible that he has sold videos "in relevant circles".

The fact is that for some time now, enormous legal and financial efforts have been made in Germany to put an end to this cruel activity. And at the beginning of this year the first results were presented.

What I wanted to say is that CB has never been named by the media or the police in this context. Which is not to say that he is not in contact with or part of these paedophile rings. According to his known criminal profile so far, he is rather a loner in sexual crimes and has at best looked for buddies outside the crimes against children (diesel theft).

Just want to say again, so happy you have joined us... you really are treating us to knowledge that is on the dot.

Can not praise you enough! Thank you, you really help with this!

Two things are possible:
1) The two friends of CB, who "stole" video footage from the house and later reported to the police without the footage (because they had thrown it away) with a statement, may have talked about it. Since their reference to the raped American woman was absolutely and doubtlessly true, the police classify them as credible.

2) There were references to the "beam" in the material that the police found themselves.

In any case, the allegation about the incident to the public comes from the police and not from other "witnesses" who told the Spiegel that.

I was under the impression that LE went knocking on MT's door, MT tells about the videos and the 2 'friends', the VW, ect. LE go looking for the 2 friends who then become witnesses in the rape case. MT was told to stay silent, presumably due to the ongoing rape investigation/court case.

Any idea of the reason, why, after more than a decade these 2 friends decided to report to the police? Is this fact?, or were they maybe picked up by LE after they had interviewed MT?

The most reliable news about CB and the ECJ at the moment:
(translated in a hurry with deepl and not corrected by me)

6.8.2020 FAZ

Christian B. must accept setback at the ECJ

An Advocate General of the European Court of Justice concluded that Christian B. could be convicted in Germany for rape in Portugal - although he had been extradited for another crime.

Christian B., the suspect in the Maddie case, has suffered a setback in his efforts to be released from prison. An Advocate General of the European Court of Justice came to the conclusion in a legal opinion on Thursday that the 43-year-old German was allowed to be sentenced by the Regional Court of Braunschweig in December 2019 for the rape of an American woman. The opinion is not binding on the ECJ judges, but they usually follow the assessment of the responsible Advocate General.

Specifically, the ECJ proceedings are concerned with the fact that Christian B. is demanding that the judgment on the rape be set aside because he had originally been extradited to Germany on the basis of a European arrest warrant for another crime. He points out that EU rules on the European arrest warrant prohibit anyone from being prosecuted for crimes committed prior to extradition.

According to the legal opinion, however, this rule is irrelevant to the case, since the man had in the meantime left Germany voluntarily and only returned to Germany via a new European Arrest Warrant. This was executed by authorities in Italy - who also agreed that the man should be prosecuted and sentenced for the rape. In this case, in the opinion of the Advocate General, the restrictions on the first arrest warrant no longer apply.

Very confusing. All the German papers are saying one thing, the UK ones are saying another.

Could it be that one judge has made an opinion on one point (that correct process wasn't followed) and another judge has made an opinion on another (it doesn't matter since CB forfeited his protective rights when he fled to Italy)? And that that 2 different medias are running stories based on the two different comments?

Don't know, just guessing now. Can't understand how the stories can be so opposing. I initially rejected the Sun article as sensationalism but the Telegraph is normally pretty reliable.

Although probably just another in a long line of coincidences. One of the sentenced in the German busts for procuring children for severe sexual abuse and supplying the Darknet with child abuse videos is a Mr. HV. Charges stemmed from 2008-2018

The suspect that was held for 6 months in the 1996 Stieler case, where the girl was heading to a disco 500 meters from the kiosk in Braunschwieg but ended up murdered and dismembered and spread between Braunschweig and Hanover, he was also a Mr. HV.
BKA had to finally let him go because the could not find the final evidence to send him down.

That the poor girls legs were found close 2-4km to a known CB hangout in Hanover, maybe just another coincidence?

Would it be just another coincidence if CB and HV did know each other?*Hypothetical

Last edited:
Any idea of the reason, why, after more than a decade these 2 friends decided to report to the police? Is this fact?, or were they maybe picked up by LE after they had interviewed MT?
As far as I know (but I have to work right away and I can't search the sources) and remember correctly it was like this:

While Brückner was in jail in Portugal for the diesel theft, he asked two friends to get things out of his house. Probably also because he was afraid the police could search the house. The main reason for this was money he had hidden behind a roof beam or in the roof.

The friends (sic!) stole the money and ran away with it. And they took the footage and a camera at the same time (I think the footage was stored in the camera).

Years later, when they got a "bad conscience" because of their own (at that time nothing was public) knowledge about CBs sexual crimes and thought that this was going too far, they went to the police on their own initiative.

Sure, they and MT knew each other, but as far as I know, they had no contact to MT afterwards, let alone to CB, because they had probably stolen a considerable amount of money from him.

MT was later portrayed as very important in the media, especially in the English media. Although he is Austrian and does not live far away from Germany, he has not received such resonance in the German media

That's how I think the story was told in the German media and that’s my quintessenz.

Last edited:
Initially, yes. But in Miss_Paula's recent post it says there was a further warrant for the rape which the Italians also signed off. See subheading "Third European Arrest Warrant" on attached post.

Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #15

Thanks DLK79. I’ve been reading here a lot when tired trying to catch up & not processing the info as I should. Seems German LE issued several European Arrest Warrants for CB.

This report makes the most sense so far and contains a direct quote from the Prosecutor.

German prosecutor Julia Meter told the PA news agency: “The advocate general shares our opinion.

“We are pleased and wait for the decision of the court the next few weeks.”
It will be interesting/telling to see if/what FF has to say about this.

Very confusing. All the German papers are saying one thing, the UK ones are saying another.

Could it be that one judge has made an opinion on one point (that correct process wasn't followed) and another judge has made an opinion on another (it doesn't matter since CB forfeited his protective rights when he fled to Italy)? And that that 2 different medias are running stories based on the two different comments?

Don't know, just guessing now. Can't understand how the stories can be so opposing. I initially rejected the Sun article as sensationalism but the Telegraph is normally pretty reliable.

When you read the text, I get the feeling all of the English papers are reporting from a single incorrect source as they use the same language

Essentially they are reporting the defence case and not the recommendation

I came across this a lot in the Knox case where english media would routinely misreport proceedings due to lack of decent translation

This report makes the most sense so far and contains a direct quote from the Prosecutor.

German prosecutor Julia Meter told the PA news agency: “The advocate general shares our opinion.

“We are pleased and wait for the decision of the court the next few weeks.”

Yes - this quote is also in the Frankfurter Allgemeine coverage from earlier today.

Two things are possible:
1) The two friends of CB, who "stole" video footage from the house and later reported to the police without the footage (because they had thrown it away) with a statement, may have talked about it. Since their reference to the raped American woman was absolutely and doubtlessly true, the police classify them as credible.

2) There were references to the "beam" in the material that the police found themselves.

In any case, the allegation about the incident to the public comes from the police and not from other "witnesses" who told the Spiegel that.

This is the sort of thing I believe has happened.

Police don't have a video or photo. Rather the friends have placed him in the frame for MM due to statements, something they saw, and other circumstantial evidence.

As the rape was a match, LE therefore has high conviction in the theory of the case

But they lack anything that connects CB to the crime.

Now under old school investigative theory, in the theory of the case is correct, investigating CB should turn up more evidence.

But if the theory is not correct, they won't find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova