Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having questioned McCann Case Tweets further, it seems that Portugal has no phone records for CB. Vodafone/Portugal would not have retained such records from 13 years ago.

Presumably, Germany has his records either from his SIM or from a BND/NSA type source.

I think she’s wrong about the Met not having the Towers data. Fortunately, there was one UK officer embedded & cooperation at the beginning.

If CB says he, NF & others shared phones/sims, then BKA really do need some sort of photo/film evidence showing him. CB’s best defence may be to blame NF.

Why do you say CB wasn't in Portugal at the time of robbery? That's NF's strategic account like her sister's address she gave police like it was hers.
Because he went along with it.
Because he worked together with NF to rob the women.
Because he carried out what had been planned.
And the plan was that for the outside world, he was in Germany.
It was planned by both that he would be in Germany for the outside world.
That was the excuse why he wasn't present at his "daughter's"* birthday.
*Who wasn't his daughter at all.

Mendel, when you said there was 7000 pages of phone logs, where did this info come from?

The investigators know that the other phone number that called CB's number on May 3rd, was not located anywhere near the OC;
this number is not present between the 7000 numbers that were located near the OC.
K1gVJOC.jpg

Having questioned McCann Case Tweets further, it seems that Portugal has no phone records for CB. Vodafone/Portugal would not have retained such records from 13 years ago.

Presumably, Germany has his records either from his SIM or from a BND/NSA type source.

I think she’s wrong about the Met not having the Towers data. Fortunately, there was one UK officer embedded & cooperation at the beginning.

If CB says he, NF & others shared phones/sims, then BKA really do need some sort of photo/film evidence showing him. CB’s best defence may be to blame NF.

That's a little confusing. BKS, SY and PJ have the call log from PDL for days May 2-4, 2007.

That's the source of his call at PDL on May 3, 2007 at 7.31pm.

Proof that the number was his comes from testimony by a former OC employee who had it entered on an old diary.

Unfortunately, logs from 13 years ago are likely unavailable due to data protection.

Who held that number that day is as yet unsettled as far as I know.

At the time anyone could buy an unregistered SIM for less than 5€ and use it on any mobile.

That SIM is quite unlikely to be in CB's hands after leaving Portugal for years.

The twitter account is very anti-McCann and spreads a lot of propaganda. I don’t think it should be classed as a reliable source IMO. It just wants to fit the McCann’s are guilty narrative with nothing to back it up.

That's a little confusing. BKS, SY and PJ have the call log from PDL for days May 2-4, 2007.

That's the source of his call at PDL on May 3, 2007 at 7.31pm.

Proof that the number was his comes from testimony by a former OC employee who had it entered on an old diary.

Unfortunately, logs from 13 years ago are likely unavailable due to data protection.

Who held that number that day is as yet unsettled as far as I know.

At the time anyone could buy an unregistered SIM for less than 5€ and use it on any mobile.

That SIM is quite unlikely to be in CB's hands after leaving Portugal for years.
You have already mentioned before that CB's number "comes from a testimony by a former OC employee who had it entered on an old diary".

Could you look up the source?
Where can we find that info?
TIA!

The twitter account is very anti-McCann and spreads a lot of propaganda. I don’t think it should be classed as a reliable source IMO. It just wants to fit the McCann’s are guilty narrative with nothing to back it up.

Agreed, her source is likely someone close to Amaral’s team and we know they were disinfo merchants.

Rebelo’s team were Lisbon based and probably haven’t shared much with Amaral’s Portimao team.

You have already mentioned before that CB's number "comes from a testimony by a former OC employee who had it entered on an old diary".

Could you look up the source?
Where can we find that info?
TIA!

I must repeat again and again because people here forget it fast.

I'll have a link in a minute.

But he said allegedly He had a horrible job to do in PDL tomorrow, that was said at dinner the night before ?

I don’t think the prosecutors would take things this far if CB was not in the area, I think there is a strong possibility CB was in the area that night but it’s placing him IN the apartment that is difficult.

I think these people use press to send messages to persons of interest, not to address public opinion. Tabloids do it better and more easily than quality press, which would need lots of beadledom to prepare an interview. JMO.

Yes, fair point Mendel.

It definitely seems a strange media strategy, unless he thinks the answer to key questions lies in Portugal.

That too, of course, is a possibility along with Mendel's earlier point that tabloid news shows (particularly those with a bit of a sensationalist bent) generally speaking have much larger audiences.

Interesting tweet from Madeleine Case Tweets (Isabelle McFadden) suggesting PJ has evidence that CB was not in Portugal on 3/5/07.

But anyone can say anything on twitter, quoting any old source they like, without it having the slightest basis in fact. That twitter account is dubious to say the least.

I would hope that, whatever the LE is still missing in terms of nailing their alleged suspect, it has, at the absolute minimum least, concretely and beyond a shadow of a doubt, placed CB physically in PDL on the 3rd of May 2007.

If it hasn't, well, it would be an appalling fail on its part, one that would hold it up forevermore to international ridicule and contempt.

I doubt the careful and meticulous Germans would leave themselves open to such an extraordinary eventuality.

Last edited:
But anyone can say anything on twitter, quoting any old source they like, without it having the slightest basis in fact. That twitter account is dubious to say the least.

I would hope that, whatever the LE is still missing in terms of nailing their alleged suspect, it has, at the absolute minimum least, concretely and beyond a shadow of a doubt, placed CB physically in PDL on the 3rd of May 2007.

If it hasn't, well, it would be an appalling fail on its part, one that would hold it up forevermore to international ridicule and contempt.

I doubt the careful and meticulous Germans would leave themselves open to such an extraordinary eventuality.

Absolutely, I don’t know much about her but as she’s prominent, I assume she’s a GA mouthpiece.

But if she’s right that CB’s cell records are not available to any police force, it suggests that BKA-Met can only say CB’s phone was in the PdL area & called another number picked up by the Towers.

They may only have Towers data and if they don’t have any other calls that day, that week, they can’t prove he was using the phone if he says NF or her daughter used that number.

That may be why the other number is so important - to place the phone in his hand - because it’s the only number they have.

Last edited:
According to something i wrote before, about forensics.

Here is some development in another case that has once been linked to our suspect. As you can see, even forensics aren't a guarantee for a sentence, as long you can't link the crime for sure to the suspect.

I hope, that doesn't give a blueprint in our case, but i assume, the argumentation of CB and FF could go that way.

But IMO very interesting, because it shows what long way the prosecuters still have to go.

Trial of man accused of killing Nicky Verstappen in 1998 begins - DutchNews.nl

Absolutely, I don’t know much about her but as she’s prominent, I assume she’s a GA mouthpiece.

Just so you know, I don't share your contempt for GA or, this idiot twitter account aside, your assumption that anyone who continues to question very reasonable historical ambiguities that relate to this case must necessarily be a 'biased' GA mouthpiece.

It's really lazy thinking. And offensively so.

You posted the link to this random twitter account which you say is 'prominent'. What does that actually mean? Prominent to whom? You? In that you follow it? Why did you post it if you felt it was of no value?

Last edited:
Just so you know, I don't share your contempt for GA or your assumption that anyone who continues to question very reasonable historical ambiguities that relate to this case must necessarily be a 'biased' GA mouthpiece.

It's really lazy thinking. Offensively so.

You posted the link to this random twitter account which you say is 'prominent'. What does that actually mean? Prominent to whom? You? In that you follow it?

I don’t follow any pro or anti McCann Social media profiles. I recognise only a couple of names that would be ‘anti-McCann’ of which her name is one, hence she’s prominent.

Amaral used some of these social media people to put out his view of the case or his side of the story. Many trusted him, some still do. Sandra F learned that was a mistake to trust what the PJ told her and has hopefully learned to be more critical and to seek 2nd sources.

I have no problem with anyone questioning the McCanns or any version of events. I have acknowledged her point about Germany not having CB’s phone records may well be valid. I called her initial tweet ‘interesting’. I think she’s wrong that Met don’t have the Towers data. I haven’t paid enough attention to her to call her biased but she has acted as a mouth piece for GA and is claiming sources close to PJ.

Attachments

• BC0FE761-DDF3-4F27-80DB-39AA69B6E7F7.jpeg
    BC0FE761-DDF3-4F27-80DB-39AA69B6E7F7.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 33

But if she’s right that CB’s cell records are not available to any police force, it suggests that BKA-Met can only say CB’s phone was in the PdL area & called another number picked up by the Towers.

They may only have Towers data and if they don’t have any other calls that day, that week, they can’t prove he was using the phone if he says NF or her daughter used that number.

That may be why the other number is so important - to place the phone in his hand - because it’s the only number they have.

There's no such a thing as "GA mouthpiece" except for rhetorical purposes. GA is just an investigator who once led the case. He's but a point of view about investigation. An expert investigator can be wrong. But it's hard to believe he's completely wrong. That twitter is so unsound minded I really doubt GA would ever approve it.

You're right when you say all evidence is that number received one call within PDL antenna coverage during May 2-4, 2007. Who held the mobile cannot be forensically inferred solely from its location. It can be inferred BARD provided there's lots of extra evidence.

I don’t follow any pro or anti McCann Social media profiles. I recognise only a couple of names that would be ‘anti-McCann’ of which her name is one, hence she’s prominent.

Amaral used some of these social media people to put out his view of the case or his side of the story. Many trusted him, some still do. Sandra F learned that was a mistake to trust what the PJ told her and has hopefully learned to be more critical and to seek 2nd sources.

I have no problem with anyone questioning the McCanns or any version of events. I have acknowledged her point about Germany not having CB’s phone records may well be valid. I called her initial tweet ‘interesting’. I think she’s wrong that Met don’t have the Towers data. I haven’t paid enough attention to her to call her biased but she has acted as a mouth piece for GA and is claiming sources close to PJ.

Can you substantiate "she acted as a mouth piece for GA and is claiming sources close to PJ".

All telephone data that exists apart from tracings, most of which are available from PJ files, is a CALL LOG requested by PJ to operators for the period May 2-4, 2007 within coverage of PDL antenna. Such call log isn't in public domain and is available to any concerned LE. There are no more phone records and after 13 years it's almost impossible to get further data from operators because it was destroyed under data protection rules.

Can you substantiate "she acted as a mouth piece for GA and is claiming sources close to PJ".

All telephone data that exists apart from tracings, most of which are available from PJ files, is a CALL LOG requested by PJ to operators for the period May 2-4, 2007 within coverage of PDL antenna. Such call log isn't in public domain and is available to any concerned LE. There are no more phone records and after 13 years it's almost impossible to get further data from operators because it was destroyed under data protection rules.

I will have to refer you to her Twitter a/c for her comment that she had a source close to PJ - she blocked me for asking questions.

I posted this pic earlier showing he was messaging her. I really don’t know much about her.

Attachments

• D5E76CAC-524B-46FA-9C58-DFC8EF1699C3.jpeg
    D5E76CAC-524B-46FA-9C58-DFC8EF1699C3.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 48
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics