Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps I am bringing up old leads and information but I found two things in this article interesting:
A. That possibly CB was cleared from the Portuguese investigation in 2008, (and reportedly HB had already told LE about CB's 'confession' in 2008)
B. That there was a chat specifically about MM

Is B. not true? Does it refer to the chat discussed here at length about abducting a child?

What is also interesting imo us that GA is the one who provided these info a year ago to the press. This means it was circulating in those circles.

German paedophile 'wrote about Madeleine McCann abduction in web chat room'
Helge unsuccessfully reported to the Portuguese police before contacting the British.

The Greek report also revealed how Busching had tried to report his concerns to the Portuguese police but had been fobbed off.

Witness in new Maddie probe says suspect must 'stay in jail for long time'

(Would have to search more to find exactly when he contacted the Portuguese)

Well ...... as for that ...... there's also zero evidence for CB/the perp having entered through the doors ......

Exactly. Zero evidence to suggest that anyone 'illegally' entered the apartment on that evening, through the window, through the front door, through the patio doors, down the chimney or up through the floorboards.

Last edited:
I don't know, what evidence already exists.

But i do know, looking at the infos that have been made public, no investigation at a larger scale should have been made.

So, there is much more. And prosecuters do their work silently, without mentioning "The Sun's" work.;)

Until today, IMO no drop of the investigation against the known suspect has been made public.

This seems to have been added to the Spiegel link

Braunschweig, June 2013. Anja K. and her daughter visit a man she met through the Chat2000 internet portal. Christian B. lives with two dogs in the back room of a run-down kiosk in Braunschweig. Much did not go with him, only once they got closer physically, Anja K. will later tell the police. You got to know him as a child and animal lover.

When she is back home that evening, she sends him a text message: "We arrived safely, it was nice again, the time with you is good for me! You are also someone special to me. I am happy to know you . "

For the daughter, four years old, the visit was a nightmare. When the police searched the kiosk next summer, they discovered a digital camera. In addition to hundreds of pictures and videos with child *advertiser censored*, photos of that visit are also stored on the SD card.
Google translate

Die Akte Christian B. - DER SPIEGEL - Panorama

ETA
I removed the graphic description, check the link if you must, be warned its nasty.
I will not open the link. But may I ask whether this Anja is the same gf of the daughter of whom they found video/pictures of abuse? Or is this woman another gf?
Judging by the info that is slowly leaked about CB, i am really really sorry for all these women and children who crossed paths with him. What a vile person.

I don't know, what evidence already exists.

But i do know, looking at the infos that have been made public, no investigation at a larger scale should have been made.

So, there is much more. And prosecuters do their work silently, without mentioning "The Sun's" work.;)

Until today, IMO no drop of the investigation against the known suspect has been made public.
What do you mean by 'no investigation at a larger scale should have been made'?

Helge unsuccessfully reported to the Portuguese police before contacting the British.

The Greek report also revealed how Busching had tried to report his concerns to the Portuguese police but had been fobbed off.

I seem to remember reading somewhere about 2008? Could it be in my translation of the two greek reports?

Last edited:
I seem to remember reading somewhere about 2008? Could it be in my translation of the two greek reports?
Yeah, the Tabloids have it as HB reportedly tried to pass the info after the 'dragon/kite fest confession in 2008.. then it was the 10yr anniversary confession. There is also the 10yr anniversary ranting of 'shes dead' in front of friends at the bar or kiosk -depending on what Tabloid you're reading! It's hard to know what is true in this investigation and it is annoying X

I wouldn’t have described CB as having large ears and being pockmarked until seeing this photo

YES .... the word is Chameleon I think .... changes appearance

I have almost given up as far as his description .... some pictures show dark eyes ... sometimes blue .... hair goes from blond to dark in different pictures & lighting ... and like you said ... his complexion changes.

Similar to serial killer Ted Bundy ..... a frustrated detective said they had 10 photos of him and each one looked like a different person .... that made it almost impossible for witnesses to accurately point him out.

Off topic --- but It has been said that people who are "possessed by evil" have that trait as well ... complete change of appearance from one day to the next.

After a lifetime of studying true crime I tend to believe it.

I will not open the link. But may I ask whether this Anja is the same gf of the daughter of whom they found video/pictures of abuse? Or is this woman another gf?
Judging by the info that is slowly leaked about CB, i am really really sorry for all these women and children who crossed paths with him. What a vile person.

It probably is the same mother/daughter, although the possibility that it could be another victim shouldn't be excluded. More details from the paywalled Spiegel article will be out soon and should hopefully clarify this.

Last edited:
I'm thinking this shot is taken at the same location as the 3rd VW image that so far hasn't been located. There is a post visible at the rear.

ETA
Brightened up a couple of areas
View attachment 267499

Even before seeing this image I had the O'Foral restaurant area as a possible location for the 3rd VW image, reports state that CB worked there as a waiter in the Summer 2007 and parked his VW in the parking area.
He could easily pass as a waiter in this latest image, maybe just finished work?

Historical Google Earth shows a few possible areas around the restaurant, including the area at the pool entrance. Unfortunately the imagery isn't good enough to make any conclusion.

Anyway, thats my best 'educated' guess at a location :)

Remember that PJ have received 1000s of these supposed tipoffs down the years.

One can be critical but as i understand it, they don't have a fully resourced operation in place for MM since it was archived, and certainly little ability to actively investigate leads in other countries.

If the prosecuters only have the hints/clues/evidence that we know about the media, it wouldn't be enough to make CB public as the main suspect. That's what i mean.

So they got more, but aren't talking about.

One would certainly hope so!

Exactly. Zero evidence to suggest that anyone 'illegally' entered the apartment on that evening, through the window, through the front door, through the patio doors, down the chimney or up through the floorboards.

That's why I doubt whatever they have ties him to 5A

It must be something that happened later.

I have found the info (Google translation):
The 50-year-old (Helge) was reportedly in Portugal in May 2007 and was in the vicinity of Madeleine's disappearance site. In fact, even then* he had contacted the local police without his reports being taken seriously, as was the case with other similar information that has now been re-evaluated.
*So must have been 2007/2008
Σύμφωνα με πληροφορίες ο 50χρονος βρισκόταν τον Μάιο του 2007 στη Πορτογαλία κι ηταν σε γειτονικό σημείο από τον χώρο εξαφάνισης της Μαντλίν . Μάλιστα είχε και τότε επικοινωνήσει με την τοπική αστυνομία χωρίς οι αναφορές του να ληφθούν σοβαρά υπόψιν, όπως συνέβη και μ άλλες παρόμοιες πληροφορίες που τώρα επανεκτιμήθηκαν
Στην Ελλάδα «τμήμα» της έρευνας για την εξαφάνιση της μικρής Μαντλίν – Αποκαλυπτικά έγγραφα - LarissaPress

It could also be in one of the Greek police reports (I don't know).

I have found the info (Google translation):
The 50-year-old (Helge) was reportedly in Portugal in May 2007 and was in the vicinity of Madeleine's disappearance site. In fact, even then* he had contacted the local police without his reports being taken seriously, as was the case with other similar information that has now been re-evaluated.
*So must have been 2007/2008
Σύμφωνα με πληροφορίες ο 50χρονος βρισκόταν τον Μάιο του 2007 στη Πορτογαλία κι ηταν σε γειτονικό σημείο από τον χώρο εξαφάνισης της Μαντλίν . Μάλιστα είχε και τότε επικοινωνήσει με την τοπική αστυνομία χωρίς οι αναφορές του να ληφθούν σοβαρά υπόψιν, όπως συνέβη και μ άλλες παρόμοιες πληροφορίες που τώρα επανεκτιμήθηκαν
Στην Ελλάδα «τμήμα» της έρευνας για την εξαφάνιση της μικρής Μαντλίν – Αποκαλυπτικά έγγραφα - LarissaPress

It could also be in one of the Greek police reports (I don't know).

Does HB have any evidence he ever contacted Portuguese LE with whom he risked being arrested for robbery and take his fellas inside too?

MS cannot even set his eyes on HB, the fella he boarded in his home after he left prison, just because he didn't tell about Orgiva's secret. Shall we believe he also hid his contacts with LE?

We can check from PJ files that they followed as far as they could all leads that reached them, including nonsense sightings and all. Shall we believe they missed a confession that made German LE name a prime suspect?

Just one more thing, like Lieut. Columbo would put it. HB was near MM's disappearance spot? Interesting. I thought it was only CB who was there.

Shall we trust HB, the human trafficker and robber who bought 5Kg marijuana from someone who confessed him to be a child murder?

Shall we trust HB, the human trafficker and robber who bought 5Kg marijuana from someone who confessed him to be a child murder?

Precisely why I don't trust this UK tabloid broadcast of the supposed evidence.

Does HB have any evidence he ever contacted Portuguese LE with whom he risked being arrested for robbery and take his fellas inside too?

MS cannot even set his eyes on HB, the fella he boarded in his home after he left prison, just because he didn't tell about Orgiva's secret. Shall we believe he also hid his contacts with LE?

We can check from PJ files that they followed as far as they could all leads that reached them, including nonsense sightings and all. Shall we believe they missed a confession that made German LE name a prime suspect?

Just one more thing, like Lieut. Columbo would put it. HB was near MM's disappearance spot? Interesting. I thought it was only CB who was there.

I've thought about this too and I have a hard time believing that HB did contact the authorities back in 2008- We know it suited his needs to call it in in 2017. People like HB don't usually do something for nothing! X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelemelton03