Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the rules on links on WS?
Is it only newspapers/Twitter? Can you link from a news report on a radio station?
Thanks

maybe someone who knows the difference would be able to tell, but in most countries, people would describe 'the british accent' as covering the whole geographic area of the UK, well that can be Scottish, Cockney, Geordie, etc etc. they all sound nothing like but no one can really distinguish the difference apart from knowing they are all British. hope that makes sense

I've been asked if my accent is Australian about 7 or 8 times throughout my life and I'm British. People have different perceptions of British and also accents from different regions can alter people's perceptions.

MOO most can tell the English and Irish/Scottish apart.
yeah maybe, some people cant. i dated an american guy who couldn't tell them apart at all until i really pointed it out. he just thought some people sounded less chavvy than others lol

Deleted post...I wanted to react on the dog (bones) questions but obviously I messed up.

If my memory is still working ok....he had two dogs...two different breeds (one mixed)...the article (can't produce it now) stated he left them to die (starved) in his kiosk when he went for 6 weeks to Portugal (hearsay, no facts) A usb-stick was found when the ground on his property ?? seemed to be turned up and they were under dogbones (no breed mentioned) All from the "perfect" media reports (sorry, this is sarcastic)

I must have missed this bit about dog bones. How cruel and sad. This says to me he has no empathy at all to humans or animals. JMO.

He told The Mirror: 'We've decided not to talk.

'The police have been in touch and we've spoken to them. We don't want to be involved in this.'

His ex-wife did not respond to requests for an interview, the paper reports.

Madeleine McCann suspect's British ex-girlfriend is quizzed by police after year-long relationship | Daily Mail Online

i think this is going to be the problem, people are just too scared to talk about what they know, i hope the police can offer them some kind of security or something.

Reason I asked about links above is that there's a few pieces of information on the radio and also from Anthony Summers co author of the book "Looking For Madeline" re CB I don't want to share yet as I'm not sure what the rules are.

'The police have been in touch and we've spoken to them. We don't want to be involved in this.'

Madeleine McCann suspect's British ex-girlfriend is quizzed by police after year-long relationship | Daily Mail Online

i think this is going to be the problem, people are just too scared to talk about what they know, i hope the police can offer them some kind of security or something.

But it says they’ve spoken with police, which is all that’s required really.

The British woman in question dated him from 2004-5, well before Madeleine went missing. Her ex-husband (who presumably she has married and divorced in the 15 years since) is the one saying he won’t talk to the press, he probably knows his ex-wife’s ex-boyfriend was horrible to her and that’s all.

I posted a link in the media thread yesterday that the German police have had 400 tips since this news broke about CB. As long as people are telling police what they no, it’s no biggie if they don’t want to tell the media as well.

If I’m understanding correctly, quite a few sources seem to be reporting a call being placed during the actual abduction window. This is curious to me.
Either, it was an attempt to fabricate an alibi, in which case somebody knowingly received a call and held it open, with no conversation taking place, or somebody was on the line as a lookout, possibly the speculated “inside man”.

Can anyone think of any other reasons that would reasonably explain this call?

I’ve never burgled or trespassed myself, but I imagine conducting a phone call at the same time as breaking and entering is somewhat unhelpful in terms of stealth and silence!
Please provide links to those sources that are spreading this (mis?) information about the phone call.

The police released information a few days ago that was very clear about the time of the call they were looking for.

I'm English and I've met English people who couldn't tell the difference between German and Dutch, which surprised me, but it happens.
Also when I was in Philippines my girlfriend couldnt tell a North American from an English person either. "It's the same" she would shrug. :D

Sorry I know we are rehashing this but I've managed to look this up on another device without a pop up blocker and it says (printed 28 December 2007 - so it would still be fresh in their minds..."Jayne Jensen and Annie Wiltshire (sisters) told how they saw two blond men in their 30's standing on the balcony of an empty apartment only a couple of doors away from the McCanns' flat in Praia da Luz......the sisters said they were immediately struck by the behaviour of the two men on the balcony. The pair, tanned and in Bermuda shorts, were standing outside the patio doors of a groundfloor apartment, which had been unoccupied all week and were looking out over hte resort's family swimming pool and restaurant area. Mrs Wiltshire, 58, a mother of two, said: 'It was odd because I hadn't seen them before. In May the resort wasn't busy. There were only about 60 of us in the apartments and you got to recognise all the other people. One of the guys was walking down the steps and as I looked at him, he walked back up and started talking to the other one. They had a view of the whole Ociean Club and the McCanns aparmtnet. It just showed how easy it would be anyone to use those balconies to watch the area. I has haunted me ever since.' "

Apparently they only came forward to speak up when a Portugese newspaper were pointing fingers at these two women wrongly saying they hadn't come forward for 8 months and so they were prompted to right the wrong. It also says it took the Portugese Police 6 weeks to even take a statement from them.

Something else the women were quoted as saying was this about the night Madeleine went missing..."everyone thought it was a child who had wandered out of her room looking for her parents. Apparently it had happened before and there was a drill they carried out."

So the McCanns weren't the first parents to leave their children in their apartements then and that means any perps could have known it was a common occurence, or a member of staff or ex member of staff too.

Is it that they don't want to talk to police, or that they don't want to talk to the tabloids. IMO they are saying they don't want to talk to the tabloids.

As I recall , the Smith sighting said the man looked similar to GM, (I don't think he was saying it WAS GM). This is interesting as G Amaral said last year that the German Police were looking at a German suspect who was in prison, but GA said they were looking at the wrong person, the right person was German and also in prison and looked very similar to GM. Thoughts please.
I would not put any credence to anything Amaral says, he has no inside information, he's been off the case for over a decade.

Another question -why doesn't the man carrying the child to the beach come forward? Surely anyone in the area was aware of the case and would follow enough to know about that publicized sighting? That alone makes me think it is the abductor.
I thought they did come forward all those years ago

But it says they’ve spoken with police, which is all that’s required really.

The British woman in question dated him from 2004-5, well before Madeleine went missing. Her ex-husband (who presumably she has married and divorced in the 15 years since) is the one saying he won’t talk to the press, he probably knows his ex-wife’s ex-boyfriend was horrible to her and that’s all.

I posted a link in the media thread yesterday that the German police have had 400 tips since this news broke about CB. As long as people are telling police what they no, it’s no biggie if they don’t want to tell the media as well.
Oh do you think that’s what they meant? I took it as in, we told the police already we don’t want to get involved in any of this. I’m not suggesting they know a direct link between Maddie and CB seen as though they didn’t seem to be involved with him around the time of her abduction, but they might know an indirect link possibly (which might prove significant but circumstantial). But if they are scared of CB this much, I’ll be suprised if they give anything damning away at all

Hi all, new here. Sleuthing for the first time. I was reading through the police files and seen this in anonymous communications

Service Information

Date: 2007-06-24

Subject: Phone call to police station about the disappearance of Madeleine

I inform you that today, at about 13:50, I received a phone call from a female individual, of Portuguese nationality, who did not want to identify herself.

She said that on 11th May 2007, at about 18:00 she saw a motor caravan with number plate VR xxxx (driving about in Lobios-Geres.

Inside, on the passenger seat was a girl who was very similar to Madeleine in all respects, the driver of the vehicle was aged about 35-40, about 1.75-1.80m tall, with short very light brown hair and well built.

She says that given the proximity of the Spanish border, the motor caravan must have been heading for Spain.

redacted full registration which is available on the website (if this is against rules please let me know and I’ll edit my post)

Welcome and good spot by you! If it was CB and his hair was dirty it would have looked more light brown than blonde.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova