Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And when Kate checked the room at 10, the door was open wider than she remembered. But surely other people from the group had gone in the room in that time, hence why the door was in another position... this makes me think that the McCanns were being economical with the truth, with regards to the timings. Maybe to justify it a bit better? Maybe the time frame was pretty big.

Breaking ; German authorities issue red notice for the immediate apprehension of #ChristianBrueckner ex girlfriend #NakscijeMiftari . I can confirm that she is the person who held the number +351 916 510 683 that the police wanted to trace. How did police not find this out ?

(Video)

https://twitter.com/mwilliamsthomas/status/1270098671951056896?s=21
Who is the guy reporting this and how does he know the number belongs to her? Can't seem to find any sources other than this one tweet.

Is the YL person definitely the same person as Nakscije Miftari? I'm not entirely convinced. Another photo of Miftari to compare here

For a start she looks younger than the 17 year old in the original picture!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes - they can get get archival footage from the copyright holders.

You can also use public domain stuff via fair use - at least to a limited extent.
'Fair use' is supposed to apply to journalism, rather than entertainment, but who can tell the difference these days.

Who is the guy reporting this and how does he know the number belongs to her? Can't seem to find any sources other than this one tweet.

This phone no was released by a newspaper yesterday but I can't remember which one. I'm sure there might have been 2 numbers. I found it really odd as ive never seen that info released before.

His 'confirmation' just involved doing a reverse search of the number, and finding out that it belonged to somebody who looks quite similar to Miftari.

But I think the visual similarity is just a coincidence. If you look at the photo I posted a few minutes ago, the YL person doesn't look that similar at all to other photos of Miftari

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, poor Chris J (not posting his full name!) in the Joanna Yeates case faced 'trial by media' based purely on him being an eccentric neighbour. No other reason whatsoever other than he looked a bit odd, no previous convictions, no arrests, nothing. Absolutely torn to shreds he was.

After that, media laws changed in the UK. But... the BBC are reporting much the same as the tabloids on this latest news, and the BBC usually plays it super super safe, so I'm thinking behind the scenes within the media there is more certainty that this is the right man.

Unfortunately the tabs just love to deploy logical fallacies in their reporting and the people they interview are often prone to suggestion.

For example once a "suspect" is known to be guilty of other crimes, or is linked with a very bad crime, witnesses are likely to reinterpret events in a new light.

It is also in this way that people most likely present at the Ocean Club in the course of their lawful daily business, suddenly become "lurkers"

Seldom does it make sense that gangs of pedos, people smugglers, burglars and smelly tractor drivers would be hanging round a no mark resort in the algarve

But with every new suspect, "facts" are cherry picked to support the theory

Chris J was perhaps the best example of this where they gained interviews with people prepared to bad mouth him and used these of evidence of propensity to commit the crime.

Nothing has been learned.

And when Kate checked the room at 10, the door was open wider than she remembered. But surely other people from the group had gone in the room in that time, hence why the door was in another position... this makes me think that the McCanns were being economical with the truth, with regards to the timings. Maybe to justify it a bit better? Maybe the time frame was pretty big.
Gerry reported the door being more open when he checked too, and so he closed it a little. Then their friend checked and seen it was more open too but left it. Could be that the window being open blew it more ajar, perhaps when the patio doors were open. Or someone was in the room behind the door when Gerry checked and left through it again straight after making it open again. Lots of possibilities.

‘Brueckner took her to Portugal in the spring of 2014. But she was deported from Portugal in 2015.'

Why was she deported?
He later took Nakscije, who is German of Albanian descent, to Portugal in 2014 but she was deported back to Germany less than a year later following allegations of criminality.

‘They finally split up when he tried to kill her. He beat her black and blue. Brueckner disappeared and Nakscije was given counselling.

‘After he left Braunschweig he tried to keep in contact with Nakscije. Brueckner would keep phoning her, telling her that he loved her and missed her.

Pictured: The teenage girlfriend Maddie McCann suspect used to beat up, who could help solve mystery | Daily Mail Online

He's seen as some sort of British crime guru, but I don't think he counts as MSM.

ETA on the other hand, the DM does, so what does it matter, anything goes.

Apparently the McCanns didn’t want the Netflix programmes made. But how did the film makers get the footage? Lots of footage of the family before the holiday and during.
I assume they got the footage without the McCanns permission?
Really heartbreaking seeing MM on video.
Also book writers appear on it.. did they get the story from the McCanns?
I think they just used already existing footage from the media. They interviewed other guests and friends who may have given them videos.

I don't think the McCanns said they didn't want it made, they just didn't see how it would help the investigation. It covers all the old information and goes into great detail about suspects who were cleared a long time ago.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member