Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I agree. I can see why 5A and all 3rd May-related matters may have no relevance whatsoever to their investigation.

But Wolters has said they have no body or body parts (implicit in which is no DNA, yes?) which takes us back to the question of what exactly it is they actually have and how what they have is, for them, so conclusive.

It can't just be witness accounts. That would be madness. So it has to be witness accounts plus (a) imagery/footage of CB with MM and/or (b) footage of CB referring to MM in absolutely unambiguous terms that leave no doubt as to his role in her death.

Although holiday pics that might feature CB in the vicinity on the day still wouldn't provide anything remotely usable as proof of anything.

I'm not disagreeing with you, btw, just following on from your train of thought and trying to make sense of things.

HCW has said that they found out about MM's death 'within the last 2 years'

I imagine it would have taken, not only a long time to go through the 8000 images found at the box factory, but also to confirm it was actually MM in any pics or footage discovered.

Mark T Hoffmann (Profiler) says.

"When I look at his criminal records, I see a lot of crimes, but I see clearly, two categories of crimes. Financially motivated crimes, but he also had a darker side, he was also in to violence, torture and rape against vulnerable and weak, easy victims".......

"If I look at his life and his criminal records,he is quite clear about his fantasy of abducting, torturing and f'ing children".......

CB said 'I will document everything' in the chatroom.

I think we can guess what kind of evidence LE has and, sadly, I imagine it's gruesome enough to infer death.

JMO

Last edited:
Yes, I agree. I can see why 5A and all 3rd May-related matters may have no relevance whatsoever to their investigation.

But Wolters has said they have no body or body parts (implicit in which is no DNA, yes?) which takes us back to the question of what exactly it is they actually have and how what they have is, for them, so conclusive.

It can't just be witness accounts. That would be madness. So it has to be witness accounts plus (a) imagery/footage of CB with MM and/or (b) footage of CB referring to MM in absolutely unambiguous terms that leave no doubt as to his role in her death.

Although holiday pics that might feature CB in the vicinity on the day still wouldn't provide anything remotely usable as proof of anything.

I'm not disagreeing with you, btw, just following on from your train of thought and trying to make sense of things.
I think proving CB was in PDL forms a big part of their case. Taking HCW's comment early on -

Mr Wolters said: "At the moment if we interview the suspect he could say, ‘My girlfriend had my phone that night and I didn’t have it’.

"The person he spoke to could put the phone in his hand [by confirming that it was definitely Brückner to whom he spoke], which would mean he was in the area at the time.

"This is the evidence we want before we issue an arrest warrant and then interview him for the murder. It would help the case against him — but we would also need more evidence."

The 30-minute phone call police hope will finally solve Madeleine McCann mystery

So, he seems to imply that placing CB in the are BARD would be enough to issue an arrest warrant. The question then is, what is the other evidence they need to ensure the conviction? He claims to have 90% of the evidence they need, placing him in PDL might be another 5%, would love to know what else it is that would wrap up the case for them. Photos, videos or a witness is the clue he's given. Showing what though?

Last edited:
I think proving CB was in PDL forms a big part of their case. Taking HCW's comment early on -

Mr Wolters said: "At the moment if we interview the suspect he could say, ‘My girlfriend had my phone that night and I didn’t have it’.

"The person he spoke to could put the phone in his hand [by confirming that it was definitely Brückner to whom he spoke], which would mean he was in the area at the time.

"This is the evidence we want before we issue an arrest warrant and then interview him for the murder. It would help the case against him — but we would also need more evidence."

The 30-minute phone call police hope will finally solve Madeleine McCann mystery

So, he seems to imply that placing CB in the are BARD would be enough to issue an arrest warrant. The question then is, what is the other evidence they need to ensure the conviction? He claims to have 90% of the evidence they need, placing him in PDL might be another 5%, would love to know what else it is that would wrap up the case for them. Photos, videos or a witness is the clue he's given. Showing what though?

"Photos, videos or a witness is the clue he's given. Showing what though?"

Perhaps they are hoping that will lead to the discovery of remains ?

In this article they talk about a 'member of staff at the OC helping him to break in'.......Maybe they didn't.

Perhaps someone in nearby town or PDL/ the other caller loaned CB a room, an empty apartment, somewhere to stay that night? (Planned abduction theory)
Didn't LE ask for places he may have stayed?
Do they need pics of CB's vehicle in that location? Where other 'holiday makers' would have been.
If they do have footage or pics they would possibly know the difference between an indoor location rather than inside a vehicle?
JMO

Last edited:
Still keep going back to that night time pic. IMO he has something covering his shoes to avoid leaving tread prints, it’s photoshopped around the front tyre (I’m hoping not for what I am seeing) and overall his grubby attire and jubilant salute unnerves me. I worry this is a snap from a specific portfolio, not one I would feel comfortable seeing the rest of

Still keep going back to that night time pic. IMO he has something covering his shoes to avoid leaving tread prints, it’s photoshopped around the front tyre (I’m hoping not for what I am seeing) and overall his grubby attire and jubilant salute unnerves me. I worry this is a snap from a specific portfolio, not one I would feel comfortable seeing the rest of

He seemed to have a thing about not leaving shoe prints - like in the rape of the lady in PDL.
It still looks to me like his trousers are tied at the ankle with something, or tucked into something.

He seemed to have a thing about not leaving shoe prints - like in the rape of the lady in PDL.
It still looks to me like his trousers are tied at the ankle with something, or tucked into something.
Yes that’s what was in my mind when I posted that. His facial expression looks far too triumphant for me to feel comfortable. Also, I can’t find this pic in any British press, which given how keen they seem to be posting the latest on this case also makes me uncomfortable

Madeleine McCann cops 'confident' of charging prime suspect Christian B with her disappearance

They had “concrete evidence” Madeleine was dead.

And they are also set to charge him with three other sex crimes on Portugal’s Algarve coast, where Madeleine vanished aged three on holiday with parents Kate and Gerry in 2007.

He is being investigated over the rape of Irish tour guide Hazel Behan and indecent exposures to kids.

Speaking to The Sun from his office in Braunschweig, Germany, prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters said: “Whether and when charges will be brought in these cases cannot be predicted at present.

'”I am also very confident with the investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance but due to the scope of the case, the other proceedings can be expected to conclude earlier.”

A source close to the probe said: “Things are moving along in the case and there have been several promising leads and tips, especially from British holidaymakers who were in Praia da Luz at the time of Madeleine’s disappearance.

“We are hopeful of a breakthrough. At the moment we do not have enough to charge him with Madeleine’s disappearance but the evidence in the other cases is very strong

This 30 min phone call.
Perhaps HB mentioned a OC worker in his statement.
It's a very long call though - especially for someone who may have been working that evening - busy in the bar, kitchen, restaurant how would they get time, unless it was before they started their shift.
Also a quick call to nearby CB when all T9 are seated at the table, but LE doesn't mention a 2nd call - but perhaps there was one, or a 3 way call.
The caller wasn't in PDL either this is the puzzle!
What is the connection with this caller I wonder?

This 30 min phone call.
It's a very long call though - especially for someone who may have been working that evening - busy in the bar, kitchen, restaurant how would they get time, unless it was before they started their shift.
Also a quick call to nearby CB when all T9 are seated at the table, but LE doesn't mention a 2nd call - but perhaps there was one, or a 3 way call.

Was it someone in the OC CB had been 'working with' for a while?
A mole, someone taking a cut of stolen goods or being supplied free drugs by CB?
Providing tips about apartments, passing on info (there had been other break ins leading up to MM as we know)
I'm sure this info came from HB for HCW to be so specific about an OC member.
JMO
Why did the so called PJ 'Trump Card' witness allegedly flee Portugal in 2007? The waiter who had supposedly given the 'earlier' timeline of events that evening?

Last edited:
Given the length of the call, my initial thoughts were that this was a personal conversation. I don't see what reason it would take half an hour for an OC employee to tell him when to break in. Especially when the caller wasn't even in PDL to be monitoring the current situation, what information could they have been discussing for that long?

We know CB was somewhat of a love rat. His British girlfriend from 2004 to 2005 spoke of it, finding messages from a German love interest on his phone and later finding underwear from another woman. He flew into violent rages over this and incidents where he became jealous of her male friends. When she dumped him, he stalked her for months into mid 2005 and beyond. Then, around this period, in September of that year, he carries out the rape on DM.
Madeleine McCann suspect broke into barmaid's flat through window

I do wonder whether there is correlation here, and whether the same might be true of what happened on May 3rd 2007. Whether trauma/anger from a lost love pushes him to act out his depraved fantasies. I'm not sure I truly trust that account of his breakup with his other British girlfriend on May 2nd 2007, it seems pretty blasé. He told her he wouldn't be seeing her for a while and seemingly that was on his terms. Yet when CB turned up in Augsburg, he allegedly spoke to AB of this British girlfriend 'Maria' working in Portugal that he missed dearly. It doesn’t really add up. Why couldn't he have just gone back to her if them breaking up was on his terms?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8393497/amp/How-Madeleine-suspect-slept-attic.html

Given the length of the call, my initial thoughts were that this was a personal conversation. I don't see what reason it would take half an hour for an OC employee to tell him when to break in. Especially when the caller wasn't even in PDL to be monitoring the current situation, what information could they have been discussing for that long?

We know CB was somewhat of a love rat. His British girlfriend from 2004 to 2005 spoke of it, finding messages from a German love interest on his phone and later finding underwear from another woman. He flew into violent rages over this and incidents where he became jealous of her male friends. When she dumped him, he stalked her for months into mid 2005 and beyond. Then, around this period, in September of that year, he carries out the rape on DM.

I do wonder whether there is correlation here, and whether the same might be true of what happened on May 3rd 2007. Whether trauma/anger from a lost love pushes him to act out his depraved fantasies. I'm not sure I truly trust that account of his breakup with his other British girlfriend on May 2nd 2007, it seems pretty blasé. He told her he wouldn't be seeing her for a while and seemingly that was on his terms. Yet when CB turned up in Augsburg, he allegedly spoke to AB of this British girlfriend 'Maria' working in Portugal that he missed dearly. It doesn’t really add up. Why couldn't he have just gone back to her if them breaking up was on his terms?
How Madeleine suspect slept in my attic
Possibly talking to another girl. young, under age, manipulating her, maybe parents weren't aware - possibly trying to boost his self esteem that evening, calm his rage - Too scared and ashamed to come forward and talk to LE like NM. Maybe a wife, Mother herself now.

Losing control of the ex GF rather than losing love, leading to feelings of total and utter inadequacy resulting in misplaced rage onto another vulnerable, available target, dumping his feeling of self hatred and torturous feelings onto another in order to feel in ultimate control again.

That seems about right yes.

Last edited:

How Madeleine suspect slept in my attic

That's an interesting take, Dlk. The prosecutor in the Claremont serial killer case in Perth asserted that Bradley Edwards attacked and killed women during times of extreme conflict with his wife, including when she was having an affair.

This 30 min phone call.
Who was the maintenance guy again that was off work that night but had to come back in to the club, he came in about 9/10pm with his GF ? could he be part of something ??

IMO all these logical and comprehensible thoughts would be that relevant, if the mere kidnapping will be the crucial part in the investigation.

<snipped for focus>

But if they can proof the murder itself with certainty, together with a straight link to the victim it does not matter, if the tapas timeline fits or if they can put CB in 5A on may the 3rd or what escape-argumentation the suspect or his solicitor is referring to.
JMO

Perhaps they have some kind of evidence (confession/statement) indicating that MM left the apartment of her own accord - perhaps to look for her parents - & was snatched from an outside location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow