Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A very weak article, but it does highlight the reason to be skeptical about CB's 'friends' and their 'stories'. This is fished by The Mirror from the Discovery+ Documentary and MS, but could just as well refer to anyone coming forward with 'new' information about CB.

Madeleine McCann informant 'hoped to make £1million telling police about Christian B'
Maddie informant 'hoped to make £1million telling police about Christian B'

A very weak article, but it does highlight the reason to be skeptical about CB's 'friends' and their 'stories'. This is fished by The Mirror from the Discovery+ Documentary and MS, but could just as well refer to anyone coming forward with 'new' information about CB.

Madeleine McCann informant 'hoped to make £1million telling police about Christian B'
Maddie informant 'hoped to make £1million telling police about Christian B'
When you see the line of distance between the OC and his residence, its so close.
And another thing when people say they saw RM, I still cant help but think he has a look of MN, and people are mistaken,,or is it just me?

The Puzzle: Solving the Madeleine McCann Case
The CBS 48 hours documentary that was broadcasted yesterday.
I just watched it. I followed this case years ago. Very interesting that they cannot definitely link Bruekner to using his phone in the area and that the inspector was sure that it was him, but still needed more evidence to charge him. Seems like a slam dunk to me. I still wonder about the Spaniel dog hitting on the DNA in their car. Whose was it if the dog was supposed to be trained to sniff for Maddie's DNA? And I still strongly blame the parents for leaving 3 small children alone in an unlocked apartment 50 feet away to go off drinking. Even 15 minutes is plenty of time to abduct a child. At least Bruekner isn't going anywhere.

An extensive summary of the CBS documentary for those unable to view it.
Will the discovery of a credible suspect lead to answers in the Madeleine McCann case?

Thanks for this

I still get a heavy kind of deja vu where people quoted in the article complain about the media hysteria based on thin PJ evidence in 2007, but now speak positively about a new circus based on the mere say so of the germans

There is an underlying assumption that the germans "must" have very good evidence - but exactly the same assumptions were made in 07 which turned out to be wrong. Internally PJ did believe they had the killer evidence until the forensics didn't come up to spec.

There also appears to be a lot of wisdom of hindsight going on here - that CB should have been found sooner. But he was only ever finally linked to the case in the first place due to a tip off. We know PJ were aware of CB - but what was there to link him to the case? The cell record only shows he was in the area - but seeing he lived locally, that is not much to go on. Without probable cause, what can you do?

I find Gamble's comment that the parents should have been cleared as the first step to be the kind of seductive revisionism that plagues this case now that CB has emerged.

Of course he is technically correct. But typically police will pursue multiple theories of the case based on available evidence. So in this case all of abduction, wandering, and the parents were in fact pursued. Wandering was swiftly eliminated - and police were absolutely correct to focus on that. A large local search is always the first step.

It should also be remembered that JT provided smoking gun evidence of the abductor, and fingered RM. So of course the investigation naturally turned away from the parents and towards the abductor theory.

But even still - how should the parents ever be "cleared"? The only way to clear them is to find the abductor. But because PJ had no evidence of parental involvement, and no evidence of abduction - how should they proceed? The reason for lack of progress in the case was precisely because all efforts drew blanks.

Gamble claims CB should be found sooner e.g by the phone records - but what linked him to the case?

In the end, it took a tipoff - otherwise he was just another name in a long list of potential suspects

Of course you can claim that had police focussed on him sooner they might have found evidence, but you can't really conduct an investigation this way when there are so many people you could focus on

That's just been on the last programme on discovery +
What hcw does say also, is that she was murdered, and yes we know still pieces to the jigsaw that are missing
It showed a bar called the shaker bar, whilst talking of the drunken outburst by cb
It also said he is not involved in IG disappearance (so could that mean they have other suspects)
It also said the HB rape was filmed
Ms was never friends with him
And all the other cases that he could be linked to, he has not been dismissed
A Mario lucas was mentioned and he was filmed saying the police was searching wells in Portugal
And they haven't said what they have found in places they've searched in Portugal or Germany, the other place in Germany that was mentioned last week (the green and blue house) hasn't been searched as they don't seem to need to search there

That's just been on the last programme on discovery +
What hcw does say also, is that she was murdered, and yes we know still pieces to the jigsaw that are missing
It showed a bar called the shaker bar, whilst talking of the drunken outburst by cb
It also said he is not involved in IG disappearance (so could that mean they have other suspects)
It also said the HB rape was filmed
Ms was never friends with him
And all the other cases that he could be linked to, he has not been dismissed
A Mario lucas was mentioned and he was filmed saying the police was searching wells in Portugal
And they haven't said what they have found in places they've searched in Portugal or Germany, the other place in Germany that was mentioned last week (the green and blue house) hasn't been searched as they don't seem to need to search there

Sounds to me like concrete evidence of MM's death, maybe kind of footage, maybe linked to CB, but due to the fact that the suspect could always say to just have downloaded it, the final link to murder itself is hard to be made. Even if he boasted/confessed it in some vile chats.

The chances to convice a court about CB being the killer is just 50/50 and that is not enough to charge and guarantee a sentence, as long as the body hasn't been found.

I don't understand what relevance your link has here on this thread?

It can't be to cast light on CB since he's not, as far as we know, a killer, let alone a serial killer.

According to the fact, that even CB's solicitor seems to have quoted, that his client is being investigated in 15 cases of missing persons, Lilly b's post isn't that uninteresting to me.

She didn't wrote, that CB is a serial killer in fact. I could imagine, that even the MM case could be solved with the help of profilers some day.

Last edited:
I don't understand what relevance your link has here on this thread?

It can't be to cast light on CB since he's not, as far as we know, a killer, let alone a serial killer.

You never get me, so ignore anything I put, think that would be a simple solution

Sounds to me like concrete evidence of MM's death, maybe kind of footage, maybe linked to CB, but due to the fact that the suspect could always say to just have downloaded it, the final link to murder itself is hard to be made. Even if he boasted/confessed it in some vile chats.

The chances to convice a court about CB being the killer is just 50/50 and that is not enough to charge and guarantee a sentence, as long as the body hasn't been found.

So it WAS a German LE 'tip off' that lead the Portuguese Police to search the wells.
That wasn't reported at the time.

"The search operation took place following a tip from Germany, which we had received and passed on to Portuguese Police".........

discovery+

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members