Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auf den mutmaßlichen Mörder von "Maddie" Christian B. warten noch drei weitere Verfahren

google translation

Three more prosecutions (or trials) await the alleged murderer Christian B.

RTL.de news on May 14th (last night)

The Braunschweig public prosecutor's office is now conducting three further proceedings against the 44-year-old German Christian B.
Braunschweig investigators suspect that Christian B. is behind three more other crimes

14 years after Maddie McCann's disappearance , incarcerated sex offender Christian B. is the prime suspect. The now 44-year-old German is strongly suspected of having something to do with the disappearance of the then three-year-old British girl in Portugal. The Braunschweig public prosecutor's office is already conducting proceedings on suspicion of murder. Now more charges are to be added. It is about acts that Christian B. is said to have committed in Portugal.

Christian B. was living in the Algarve in Portugal at the time and is strongly suspected
The suspect in the missing Madeleine McCann case allegedly raped an Irish hotel worker in Portugal in 2004 . Three years later he molested a ten-year-old girl from Germany on the beach. In addition, the Braunschweig public prosecutor's office is investigating the sexual abuse of four children on the sidelines of a festival in São Bartolomeu de Messines in 2017.
The children called their parents because a man had exposed himself in front of them. Since he was caught red-handed at the festival, the evidence is relatively solid. "If a sufficient suspicion of a crime is affirmed in several cases, it must be checked whether it would be appropriate to bring charges together," says Christian Wolters, spokesman for the Braunschweig public prosecutor. Christian B.'s lawyer did not want to comment on the investigation. The investigation should continue for a few more months.

Christian B. was living in the Algarve in Portugal at the time. Praia da Rocha, where the Irish hotel worker was raped, is only half an hour by car from Praia da Luz, where little Maddie disappeared without a trace three years later. The German investigators assume that he kidnapped the child from the family's holiday home and then killed it.

Maddie McCann disappeared on vacation in Portugal in 2007

The then 3-year-old Madeleine "Maddie" McCann disappeared in 2007 from a holiday complex in Praia da Luz, Portugal. The case continued to garner worldwide attention through campaigns Maddie's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann launched to find their daughter. In the meantime, they even came into the focus of investigators themselves

In early June 2020, the investigators then turned to the public. In order to find new witnesses and clues, they made public that they had Christian B. in their sights. The now 44-year-old is suspected of kidnapping and murdering Maddie. The prosecution does not assume that the girl is still alive.

Last edited:
Because there still must be a body somewhere to prove their verdict, that hasn't been found yet.

I meant why wasn't he investigated by PJ back in the day, l thought they said the looked at potential suspects in the area- he should have been on their radar.

Do you need a body in order to prosecute murder in Germany?

I meant why wasn't he investigated by PJ back in the day, l thought they said the looked at potential suspects in the area- he should have been on their radar.

Aah okay, now i got what you mean! I think that many circumstances back in 2007 lead to this difficult situation, regarding MM's disappearance.

You do not need a body to prove death, as long there is other evidence that can prove the verdict. But it is very useful, not to discuss over the fact, if the victim is dead or not, even for the accusation of murder. In germany a murder is a manslaughter, including other circumstances like a sexual background, or greed or a abnormal cruelty for example. Just that brings the suspect into prison for life.

Trials just based on indication are more difficult for the prosecutors. I believe, that they do can prove him something in relation to MM. Maybe kidnapping, maybe abuse. Who knows. But to prove a murder, it's very important to prove the fact, that the victim is dead. Once an aquittal, almost no chances for a second trial in that case.

If you can prove the kidnapping AND the death of the victim, lots of indications speak for the fact, that the kidnapper ist the murderer either. Just my opinion.

Further to other reply above..at about 2mins35secs into attached clip HCW says “ forensic evidence not needed to charge “..
I’m not sure what specific charge he is referring to though…

Last edited:
Further to other reply above..at about 2mins35secs into attached clip HCW says “ forensic evidence not needed to charge “..
I’m not sure what specific charge he is referring to though…
This isn’t an up to date interview?

Yes...indeed …if a perp only takes the child ( and not belongings also ) , they are probably devious enough to know that they can then hide behind the mystery and ambiguity…knowing that people might speculate that something more innocent occurred.

I would just add to the good replies others have given, that quite simply he would have had his hands full.

The child abuser would be so obsessed with the little child that all other matters would be of no importance and the priority would just be to have the child to abuse and nothing more.

To finalize there are the chance that the abductor were to be very known to his friends and girlfriend as a burglar but not as a pedophile (that most likely just a few people would know like un-related friends and people from the internet/darkweb). Stealing stuff + a child would make all people who know the abductor as a thief to think that he could have doe the crime and tell that to police. Stealing only the child would make less obvious that the crime was done by a "known" thief and not by someone only targeting children.

i think this case involves many people connected to human smuggling, fraud and trafficking and other crimes. it’s just the tip of the iceberg and CB is just the active pawn. MM’s mother was right. If you read KM’s book you feel she knows more than she says and had noticed even CB himself watching her daughter. she has a mother’s 6th sense and she was right all along.

Maddie cops given dramatic new evidence against prime suspect Christian B

Mr Wolters said: “We have always insisted that the man we identified as the main suspect is the man we believe committed the crime and we are not looking for anyone else.

First the majority of children that are abducted by strangers for sexual reasons (and end up appearing dead later) are by majority kidnapped by a single person not related to any network (at least in Europe for that matter). "Darkweb" networks of child abuse content production are by norm related to people who exploit known children like their own sons/daughters and by norm they don't kidnap strangers. It's for instance very rare for a child to went missing and later for "content" to appear on the darkweb or somewhere else. I don't know of a single missing child on this sort of condition at least in Europe so chances are that the kidnapper just abused and get rid of the child as it does happen on the majority of this sort of crime.

Plus if we consider the "past" of CB one can say that he did enter apartments to rape people (confirmed adults that were raped by him) we can assume that he did use the same sort of method/type of crime even if toward a child ending up on killing instead of just letting her go.

In other words if the MM abductor is indeed the CB guy and considering all of his past there is a very high possibility that he did end up acting alone.

Unless if HCW is "wrong" at least partially and if CB did end up passing MM to "someone else" but I personally don't think this to be very likely.

Urgh l still don't understand why it took so long for him to be investigated for this.

He was investigated shortly even by the PJ but was not considered to be a potential abductor on the time.

There were further developments that led the German LEA to believe that he is actually the one responsible but was just later on time that they did get their "secret evidences" + "other stuff" and all joined together formed the "big picture" of the puzzle...

He was investigated shortly even by the PJ but was not considered to be a potential abductor on the time.

There were further developments that led the German LEA to believe that he is actually the one responsible but was just later on time that they did get their "secret evidences" + "other stuff" and all joined together formed the "big picture" of the puzzle...
Didn't the PJ go to question him maybe days after mm disappeared, but he wasn't at home, or just not answering the door, and he left the area pretty soon after, then the German police sent him a letter, as they wanted speak to him, could that of been 2013? Not sure without having to look for it, but again he was never spoken to or questioned

Didn't the PJ go to question him maybe days after mm disappeared, but he wasn't at home, or just not answering the door, and he left the area pretty soon after, then the German police sent him a letter, as they wanted speak to him, could that of been 2013? Not sure without having to look for it, but again he was never spoken to or questioned
If I remember correctly Amaral stated that LE did visit CB's abode and he was not home. Amaral tried to make out that it was in connection with MM, but it was in fact for CB's non payment of the fine he received for the diesel theft. I can't remember exactly when this was, I think late 2007, early 2008.

Urgh l still don't understand why it took so long for him to be investigated for this.

Because when MM went missing for police forces investigating the case CB would be "just another" guy entering and exiting PDL without any solid suspicious behavior or previous known abductions/murderer crimes. It was just with the passage of time that LEA became aware of the multiple crimes that he did commit. Even now CB is over investigation for other 3 crimes committed in Portugal like the Irish woman rape. Same question would apply, why only now are LEA aware that CB is the main suspect of the Irish woman rape ? Same reply, because it took time for the CB crimes to "amount" and to be discovered by LEA. It took time for LEA to sum all of that and collect all of that to make a bigger picture. Also there were tip-off from ex CB friends and witness, there are "secret evidences" that were only know to LEA recently and CB was investigated over other crimes and even on the crimes that he was cleared information about him was collected, information that pointed in the way that he could have been related to MM abduction. Again prior to all of that, on the time MM went missing, CB was "just" a "smaller" criminal with some issues with the police but there was no real good reason to think he could had abducted MM on that time with the information available, this assuming he was checked at all by PJ to start with (and he most likely wasn't).

Last edited:
I'm sighing here.

Not at you, Superdad, but at HCW.

He believes MM was killed in Portugal.
He is optimistic he will solve this case.
But he can't say anything more about anything

Adding nothing whatsoever to anything.

Well, nowadays and in the MM case i'm still not convinced, wether every british tabloid release is reliable, or not.

But if true, most interesting to me is the statement, that the prosecutors are "now convinced", that MM died in Portugal.

I would like to know, based on what info or evidence this knowledge might be. It seems to me, that there is happening a lot in the background, maybe like completing CB's motion profile or checking out whereabouts in Portugal. We'll see....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member