Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the original article is behind a Spiegel paywall but some more info here:

The suspect in the Madeleine McCann case, who was imprisoned in the Oldenburg correctional facility (JVA) , sent an extensive complaint to the Lower Saxony state parliament. According to information from "Spiegel", Christian B. complains in the 14-page, handwritten paper about "insults, verbal abuse and death threats" by prisoners in the JVA.

"I am forcibly self-isolating because there is a high likelihood of physical assault by fellow inmates," said B. The letter contains so many criticisms that the Justice Department, which was asked for comment, sorted them into a list: from a) prison conditions to p) complaints about the behavior of employees. The prisoner even complains about the lack of a coffee creamer.

Law enforcement officers apparently found a razor blade hidden in a sharpener and eight "sturdy wooden skewers" during a search. According to an internal assessment, Christian B. has "psychopathic traits" that could be dangerous. In Oldenburg, B. has been serving a seven-year prison sentence since December 2020, among other things for raping a 72-year-old American woman.

The inmate writes that he spends about 23 hours a day in his cell. That is "torture". The petitions committee of the state parliament rejected the complaint written in September. In the meantime, the prison administration has transferred him to the security station, where he has no contact with fellow prisoners.

Verdächtiger im Fall Maddie McCann klagte über Haftbedingungen

A possible lack of the daily portion of yoghurt could be another complaint, i would assume!:D

And FF is doing favors to CB, although he should know what kind of things aren't allowed in a prison. Looks like, as if they are best buddies!;)

Mutmaßlicher Maddie-Mörder Christian Brückner: Jammerbrief ans Ministerium

Last edited:
" The case of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann is set to be closed this autumn by the
@metpoliceuk
, 15 years after she went missing in Portugal. My next programme is a 3-part investigation into the German suspect. Broadcast date tbc "

MWT has recently put up this tweet...seems he is still expecting his doc to be aired sometime...

Last edited:
It's in all the papers now, not once has it said that he has said he is innocent, just complaining about the conditions
The other side to that coin is he's not been accused by any one in an official capacity, save for publicity. His lawyer back in Oct 20 declared him innocent, the BKA certainly haven't found anything since it would seem to progress to charges.
Back end of last year there were supposed to be charges early this year in relation to a rape and exposure, early it certainly isn't any more, March will soon be gone.

" The case of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann is set to be closed this autumn by the
@metpoliceuk
, 15 years after she went missing in Portugal. My next programme is a 3-part investigation into the German suspect. Broadcast date tbc "

MWT has recently put up this tweet...seems he is still expecting his doc to be aired sometime...

So I guess the source does stack up for this (presuming MWT has checked it out)

Strange that it was broken on a Saturday night. Hard to know what to make of all this - but I do get the feeling the point is to stick the blame on the bumbling germans to do what you wanted to do anyway.

@metpoliceuk

Below an MWT tweet regarding another case is a question about MM doc....yesterday MWT replied he unfortunately doesn’t know release date of MM doc…but ... “ possibly June “
We’ll just have to wait and see what transpires.

Last edited:
The other side to that coin is he's not been accused by any one in an official capacity, save for publicity. His lawyer back in Oct 20 declared him innocent, the BKA certainly haven't found anything since it would seem to progress to charges.
Back end of last year there were supposed to be charges early this year in relation to a rape and exposure, early it certainly isn't any more, March will soon be gone.

Agree. Regardless of who and what he is, he is at the mercy of intensely negative tabloid coverage, courtesy of a police force that has had the best part of two years to show its hand but, despite that failure, has nevertheless continued to give the green light to the wild court of public opinion and speculation.

Bottom line, in the absence of an official charge, CB has the right to expect fair treatment and protection from harm while serving the sentence for the crime he's actually committed, same as every other prisoner, as opposed to having to deal with penalties and threats of violence for a crime he's alleged to have committed, with absolutely no official substance to back that charge up.

Last edited:
Indeed he is innocent until proven guilty in court. The reason though he is in prison now - the brutal rape of a 72-year old- would certainly raise some eyebrows and more in a prison setting. And the documentaries that have come out do not say he is guilty but they aimed to show who CB really is. What I am trying to say is that such treatment from fellow prisoners would be expected (I am not agreeing with it) irrespective of him being guilty for MM's murder or the other charges that are said would come. He has committed heinous crimes for which he has been charged (don't forget the paedophilia) that in a prison setting do not go down well so even if it weren't for this , his past crimes would catch up with him eventually

Indeed he is innocent until proven guilty in court. The reason though he is in prison now - the brutal rape of a 72-year old- would certainly raise some eyebrows and more in a prison setting. And the documentaries that have come out do not say he is guilty but they aimed to show who CB really is. What I am trying to say is that such treatment from fellow prisoners would be expected (I am not agreeing with it) irrespective of him being guilty for MM's murder or the other charges that are said would come. He has committed heinous crimes for which he has been charged (don't forget the paedophilia) that in a prison setting do not go down well so even if it weren't for this , his past crimes would catch up with him eventually
Well said, completely agree. Paedophiles always have a rough time in prison, CB just has the opportunity to whinge about it to the media.
I’ve seen on various social media platforms an unsettling level of compassion for CB. IMO this level of concern wouldn’t be shown to any other paedophile, it’s solely because CB is the only suspect & with him in the picture it’s a red light for the agenda against the McCann’s.

IMO CB’s letters sound like a typical psychopath trying to play the system. He’ll revel in lying, duping & trying to cause ripples. The prison has concluded that there’s nothing to answer for.
CB may be desperate for his pencils & some coffee cream but I hope he continues to be stuck in his cage for 23 hours a day. Considering what he’s done to innocent women & children, I’d say his experiences will never be anywhere near as bad as those he’s inflicted on others.

All prisoners should be kept safe. If they need to keep this animal caged & in isolation, then job done

Well said, completely agree. Paedophiles always have a rough time in prison, CB just has the opportunity to whinge about it to the media. I’ve seen on various social media platforms an unsettling level of compassion for CB. IMO this level of concern wouldn’t be shown to any other paedophile, it’s solely because CB is the only suspect & with him in the picture it’s a red light for the agenda against the McCann’s.

IMO CB’s letters sound like a typical psychopath trying to play the system. He’ll revel in lying, duping & trying to cause ripples. The prison has concluded that there’s nothing to answer for. CB may be desperate for his pencils & some coffee cream but I hope he continues to be stuck in his cage for 23 hours a day. Considering what he’s done to innocent women & children, I’d say his experiences will never be anywhere near as bad as those he’s inflicted on others. All prisoners should be kept safe. If they need to keep this animal caged & in isolation, then job done

You both raise valid points and I understand your perspectives as far as sympathy for CB is concerned. Nevertheless, mob rule is never a good look.

As long as he remains the guilty prime suspect in the subjective court of public opinion, courtesy of the BKA, I'll remain on the objective side of good practice and his legal right to be treated as innocent until/if proved otherwise.

Below an MWT tweet regarding another case is a question about MM doc....yesterday MWT replied he unfortunately doesn’t know release date of MM doc…but ... “ possibly June “
We’ll just have to wait and see what transpires.

Thanks, Trivento.

June is three whole months away. And still only a 'possibly'? Will it air if CB is officially charged in the interim? Is that why it's a 'possibly', that its broadcast is dependent upon what direction the BKA investigation takes? Will the BKA investigation still be ongoing in three months time?

So many questions!

You both raise valid points and I understand your perspectives as far as sympathy for CB is concerned. Nevertheless, mob rule is never a good look.

As long as he remains the guilty prime suspect in the subjective court of public opinion, courtesy of the BKA, I'll remain on the objective side of good practice and his legal right to be treated as innocent until/if proved otherwise.

Whilst 2 wrongs don't make a right, CB is not the prime suspect in the court of public opinion. There's still MOB rule that holds the parents in the same position as CB, courtesy of GA and I'm certain that, even if CB is ever charged and found guilty, a lot of people will continue to blame the parents.

There will never be a definitive conclusion for all regarding the MM case IMO.

The conspiracy will forever live on.

Last edited:
Whilst 2 wrongs don't make a right, CB is not the prime suspect in the court of public opinion. There's still MOB rule that holds the parents in the same position as CB, courtesy of GA and I'm certain that, even if CB is ever charged or found guilty, a lot of people will continue to blame the parents.

There will never be a definitive conclusion for all regarding the MM case IMO. The conspiracy will forever live on.

^ Well he is in that HCW publicly accused him back in June 2020 of murdering MM and that's been an accepted narrative ever since. No police force has ever publicly accused the McCann's of murdering their child. That's a significant difference.

But anyway, agree absolutely that mob rule has no place here, whether it's directed at CB or the McCanns.

HCW has said in no uncertain terms that if the public knew what he knew, they would be in no doubt as to CB's guilt. Hopefully and presumably that means that the BKA can and will deliver in a way that leaves no room for doubt and put an absolute end to any speculation surrounding the parents.

Last edited:

What I was saying is that he gets this treatment not because he is publicly the prime suspect in MM's case but because of his past heinous crimes which have surfaced and for which he has been found guilty and for one of which he is currently serving time. His letter says that they knew who he was at the beginning but since the doc has aired, he has been threatened etc. So they knew he was the suspect in MM's disappearance/murder but did not threaten him before the docu appeared. What the docu showed are his crimes, many of which paedophile-related. The docu focused on his past violent criminal activity and paedophilia. Not on MM's case simply. It was a profiling attempt. Remember he filed a defamation case because JR said he starved two of his dogs? This is all part of this game. That the docu harmed him a lot. I do not agree with such treatment for anyone, but I am not sure this treatment is the result of him being publicly accused - he has been since 2020. It's the docu he is complaining about which supposedly brought around this attitude change... And not his role in MM's case nor HCW's public statements

Fair point.
He does have the right to be treated in accordance to policy & be kept safe. The prison have confirmed they’ve found nothing to suggest to the contrary. His latest whinge is just another one of his tantrums. He’s a psychopath who’s out to play whatever games he can.

I couldn’t care less about his experiences in prison, providing he’s kept safe. He has a lot to answer for.

What I was saying is that he gets this treatment not because he is publicly the prime suspect in MM's case but because of his past heinous crimes which have surfaced and for which he has been found guilty and for one of which he is currently serving time. His letter says that they knew who he was at the beginning but since the doc has aired, he has been threatened etc. So they knew he was the suspect in MM's disappearance/murder but did not threaten him before the docu appeared. What the docu showed are his crimes, many of which paedophile-related. The docu focused on his past violent criminal activity and paedophilia. Not on MM's case simply. It was a profiling attempt. Remember he filed a defamation case because JR said he starved two of his dogs? This is all part of this game. That the docu harmed him a lot. I do not agree with such treatment for anyone, but I am not sure this treatment is the result of him being publicly accused - he has been since 2020. It's the docu he is complaining about which supposedly brought around this attitude change... And not his role in MM's case nor HCW's public statements
Completely agree. He’s a career criminal who’s comitted deplorable crimes. Anything he says should be treated with alot of scepticism. He’ll lie with ease & try anything to play the system. He’d already have been well known in prison & I doubt this new documentary would have changed his world too much:

I couldn’t care less if this monster spends the next 40 years locked up for 23 hours a day.

Completely agree. He’s a career criminal who’s comitted deplorable crimes. Anything he says should be treated with alot of scepticism. He’ll lie with ease & try anything to play the system. He’d already have been well known in prison & I doubt this new documentary would have changed his world too much:

I couldn’t care less if this monster spends the next 40 years locked up for 23 hours a day.

For what reason? He is currently serving a sentence for rape and all his previous convictions have been served.
As things stand he has no outstanding charges against him that would justify such action.

For what reason? He is currently serving a sentence for rape and all his previous convictions have been served.
As things stand he has no outstanding charges against him that would justify such action.
Indeed we let murderers out before that length of time.

But the publicity from the MM case must raise his profile amongst his fellow prisoners, doubt too much was known previously .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member