Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposition and wishful thinking is all well and fine, but goes nowhere.
Ultimately Wolters will have to put up or shut up.
I look forward to that day.

Ok. A document. Maybe not phone data. A witness?
Hey guys, it has been a minute since I've posted. Glad to see you all are still here seeking truth and justice for this beautiful little girl.

In regards to the information that they may have of Christian being at 5a (besides the phone call)....

The first thing that came to my mind was the past reports in 2013 of a spy plane going over the resort area the day and evening Madeleine went missing. It's just speculation on my part at the moment but that would be good evidence if they had a photo that proves Christian and/or his vehicle(s) was in the area of the resort that day/evening. Especially if he was/is claiming he was elsewhere.

Military expert Philip Burden said highly-detailed aerial pictures were taken of the Portuguese coastline on the day the child went missing six-and-a-half years ago.

Mr. Burden, a former Ministry of Defense employee, claimed the Portuguese Air Force then passed on the film to Portuguese police investigating Madeleine's disappearance.

It is believed the spy cameras used are so detailed they can pick out the registration number on a car if a good image is taken.

'During the early and late evening of May 3, 2007, the day Madeleine disappeared from the holiday resort of Praia da Luz, the plane took aerial photos of that stretch of the Algarve.'

Mr. Burden added: 'I'm told there were a number of low-level passes over the resort as part of a lengthy photo reconnaissance training mission. Although the light was fading, people and buildings could be clearly seen.'

9p[/

The person (CB or another one) who had the ...680 phone at 20:02 could be in 5A (walking) between 21:00 and 22:00. But it is not possible, base only on communications data, to say if he/she was in 5A or not. We need another witness (Jane Tanner description is not good).

The ...683 phone was outside PdL zone, but it may be not so far away, even 6 or 7 km ...

Hey guys, it has been a minute since I've posted. Glad to see you all are still here seeking truth and justice for this beautiful little girl.

In regards to the information that they may have of Christian being at 5a (besides the phone call)....

The first thing that came to my mind was the past reports in 2013 of a spy plane going over the resort area the day and evening Madeleine went missing. It's just speculation on my part at the moment but that would be good evidence if they had a photo that proves Christian and/or his vehicle(s) was in the area of the resort that day/evening. Especially if he was/is claiming he was elsewhere.

Military expert Philip Burden said highly-detailed aerial pictures were taken of the Portuguese coastline on the day the child went missing six-and-a-half years ago.

Mr. Burden, a former Ministry of Defense employee, claimed the Portuguese Air Force then passed on the film to Portuguese police investigating Madeleine's disappearance.

It is believed the spy cameras used are so detailed they can pick out the registration number on a car if a good image is taken.

'During the early and late evening of May 3, 2007, the day Madeleine disappeared from the holiday resort of Praia da Luz, the plane took aerial photos of that stretch of the Algarve.'

Mr. Burden added: 'I'm told there were a number of low-level passes over the resort as part of a lengthy photo reconnaissance training mission. Although the light was fading, people and buildings could be clearly seen.'

9p[/
This report states that ‘the light was fading’. Sunset would be around 8.30 but light for imagery would presumably start to fade before that.

The person (CB or another one) who had the ...680 phone at 20:02 could be in 5A (walking) between 21:00 and 22:00. But it is not possible, base only on communications data, to say if he/she was in 5A or not. We need another witness (Jane Tanner description is not good).

The ...683 phone was outside PdL zone, but it may be not so far away, even 6 or 7 km ...
Is that confirmed anywhere ?
I thought it was originally said that the phone was just somewhere in the Algarve

9p[/
Seems to me that it would only be useful if it picked up Brueckner/van in PDL while he claimed to be elsewhere.
His absence from the film would would prove nothing beyond the fact that he wasn't filmed.

I thought it was originally said that the phone was just somewhere in the Algarve

What I am saying is that the ...683 phone was at least 6 or 7 km. from 5A. It may be from 6 or 7 km. to 500 km. or so.

Prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters said that Christian B’s phone pinged against a phone mast, which was located at the Ocean Club apartments, just an hour before Madeleine disappeared.

German police had previously revealed that the suspect had received a phone call while in the area on May 3, 2007.

Speaking to Australian show 60 Minutes, Mr. Wolters said: ‘We know the phone number used by our suspect was connecting and the mast belongs to the Ocean Club.'

Prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters said that Christian B’s phone pinged against a phone mast, which was located at the Ocean Club apartments, just an hour before Madeleine disappeared.

German police had previously revealed that the suspect had received a phone call while in the area on May 3, 2007.

Speaking to Australian show 60 Minutes, Mr. Wolters said: ‘We know the phone number used by our suspect was connecting and the mast belongs to the Ocean Club.'

The mast was some 260 meters from 5A. I was there. A man from the building gave me permission to photograph it. Pictures taken May 3, 2016.

Attachments

• WP_20160503_017_detail.jpg
    WP_20160503_017_detail.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Jane Tanners description never made sense at all. Considering that Gerry and Jez was on same strip at same the person she saw would have had to go by them..but didnt.

Just to be clear, it didn't ping. It was connected for a call?

IIRC, there is no ping data - just active connections. Ping data would tell us if the phone stayed in the area, was turned off etc.

The mast was some 260 meters from 5A. I was there. A man from the building gave me permission to photograph it. Pictures taken May 3, 2016.
I am confident that the investigators have more information than we are privy to in regards to all of the phone data related to this case. It's possible they could have used triangulation or something similar to place CB closer to 5a.

"Because cell phone triangulation requires tracking the strength of the signal from cell phone towers receiving a signal, normal citizens will be unable to perform this function without paying a company for their technology. Once the information is gathered the coordinates will pinpoint you to the position within 25-100 meters of said cell phone."

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/triangulate-cell-phone

I am confident that the investigators have more information than we are privy to in regards to all of the phone data related to this case. It's possible they could have used triangulation or something similar to place CB closer to 5a.

"Because cell phone triangulation requires tracking the strength of the signal from cell phone towers receiving a signal, normal citizens will be unable to perform this function without paying a company for their technology. Once the information is gathered the coordinates will pinpoint you to the position within 25-100 meters of said cell phone."

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/triangulate-cell-phone

I have serious doubts PJ, OG or BKA have more communications data that the type of data we can see in the PJ files.

See The murder of Madeleine McCann: why the German prosecutor and BKA are sure the alleged call to Christian B. on May 3 did not come from Praia da Luz

It is not possible to triangulate with that type of data.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, it didn't ping. It was connected for a call?

IIRC, there is no ping data - just active connections. Ping data would tell us if the phone stayed in the area, was turned off etc.
Multiple reports say "pinged" but I am not sure.

It wasn't until recently that German police made another key breakthrough that they believe places Brueckner in Praia da Luz less than two hours before Madeleine vanished from her bedroom. Cross-checking of telephone records, they say, shows a prepaid mobile phone belonging to Brueckner "pinged" a mobile phone tower in Praia da Luz near where Madeleine went missing.

I think a lot of doubt is down to sloppy reporting. Pre-paid likely means unregistered burner phone so tracing ownership could be tricky.
Remember also they only have the records collected at the time to work with. They can't examine what they haven't got

What I am saying is that the ...683 phone was at least 6 or 7 km. from 5A. It may be from 6 or 7 km. to 500 km. or so.
If the next nearest mast/base station was at least 13km away, then this could be true and would apply if the phone was directly between them.

So, is the next mast/base station 13km away? If not, then the relative distance to the phone reduces the closer the next mast is. Now if there are three masts then acquiring the actual position of the phone becomes more accurate.

No, the phone cannot be 500km from a mast (phones have nowhere near that broadcast strength) - however, it can indeed be 500km from the HLR (Home Location Register) associated with the phone, but that is only the place where the phone/account data is held and from where a phone is allowed to connect to the network and are connected to by cable not broadcast. For example, my Vodafone mobile had its HLR in Glasgow but I was based in Newbury, so probably around 500km. The location of the HLR is irrelevant.

Multiple reports say "pinged" but I am not sure.

It wasn't until recently that German police made another key breakthrough that they believe places Brueckner in Praia da Luz less than two hours before Madeleine vanished from her bedroom. Cross-checking of telephone records, they say, shows a prepaid mobile phone belonging to Brueckner "pinged" a mobile phone tower in Praia da Luz near where Madeleine went missing.

'Ping' data is to all intents the same as 'active connections'. So long as your phone is switched on it is permanently connected via a mast/base station to the network. So there is, therefore, a permanent live connection (although no actual call) to the mast from the phone sending out an "I am here, anybody there" ping which is picked up by the nearest available mast and answered with a "yes, I'm here, who are you?"

So when switched off, the phone is absent from mast records, but that is not the same as saying the phone was absent from the area - absence of evidence etc etc...

WHEN AND WHERE WAS MADELEINE MCCANN KILLED?

Espacio Exterior

We know the hour Madeleine McCann was abducted: May 3, 2007, between 21:00 and 22:00 local time.

The German police, BKA, and the German prosecutor, H.Christian Wolters, seem to set aside, for now, the abduction stage. Maybe for lack of evidence against Christian B.

Now they are centered in the killing stage. Wolters said they have evidence that Christian B. killed her. Was the VW Westfalia the crime scene?

When and where was she killed?

Last edited:
If the next nearest mast/base station was at least 13km away, then this could be true and would apply if the phone was directly between them.

So, is the next mast/base station 13km away? If not, then the relative distance to the phone reduces the closer the next mast is. Now if there are three masts then acquiring the actual position of the phone becomes more accurate.

No, the phone cannot be 500km from a mast (phones have nowhere near that broadcast strength) - however, it can indeed be 500km from the HLR (Home Location Register) associated with the phone, but that is only the place where the phone/account data is held and from where a phone is allowed to connect to the network and are connected to by cable not broadcast. For example, my Vodafone mobile had its HLR in Glasgow but I was based in Newbury, so probably around 500km. The location of the HLR is irrelevant.

I am talking here of ...683 phone.

...680 phone activated PdL Centre mast.

...683 outside PdL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads