Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrangment of the stones is interesting. Like in the recent pictures of the excavation.

Hard to think, Correiro hit into the bushes as well to do some mourning, whilst being focused in diving into the reservoir?!
I think Correia thought the body had been thrown from the tower. I would think he focused his search there and in the water.

I hope the pink mesh material rings a bell with someone.

Does this memorial thing sound like something the lawyer Correia might have done? He does seem quite eccentric. Perhaps he did it out of frustration that the PJ weren’t interested in his tip off? Just a hunch, probably a wrong one but thought I’d float it.
Perhaps someone should just ask Correia if he left these items there .. don’t see why he would not be able to give a truthful answer ..

It must have been a memorial laid by The lawyer :

"He had first visited the lake with detectives from Metodo 3 in December that year and had finally identified the site where he thought she was dumped on December 10.

While he immediately told police investigating the case he claimed they ‘did nothing’."

He consequently searched in the water in Feb and March 2008.

CB did say it was a horrible job so perhaps he wasn’t entirely without feeling.

The other possibility is that it’s Correia’s source - someone who knows but is afraid to come forward.

CB did say it was a horrible job so perhaps he wasn’t entirely without feeling.

The other possibility is that it’s Correia’s source - someone who knows but is afraid to come forward.
When he was exchanging chats with panikspatz I don't think any feeling other than vile sadism could be observed. The horrible job could just be smokescreen for his then girlfriend.

eta (Sorry if I sounded abrupt or ironic, it's not my intention...)

Eta 2 a detective from Metodo3 could be another possibility

Arrangment of the stones is interesting. Like in the recent pictures of the excavation.

Hard to think, Correiro hit into the bushes as well to do some mourning, whilst being focused in diving into the reservoir?!
I think the main focus of his search was water based having been told MM's body had been thrown in.

What a remarkably selfless man he must be to have attempted to finance this personally.

I think the stones were placed on the other side of the dam than where they excavated now? If so, it would indeed make sense for the lawyer to have lain that memorial with the stones not in an arrow but as a signage her body was in the water - the lilies were fresh in December. and I seriously doubt CB could in any way lay a memorial for his possible victim. Memorials are usually set by someone who cares - there is nothing from what we have seen of CB that he ever cared for a single person.
this seems plausible.
although, you would hope the german police were aware of the history, and lawyer search of the dam, and would have asked the lawyer if he was responsible for the stones, flowers and the photo - before setting off for the lake with all their equipment.
hard to work out why any other innocent person would create a shrine at this location.

this seems plausible.
although, you would hope the german police were aware of the history, and lawyer search of the dam, and would have asked the lawyer if he was responsible for the stones, flowers and the photo - before setting off for the lake with all their equipment.
hard to work out why any other innocent person would create a shrine at this location.
The tip off was not the 'shrine' found by this couple. They were interviewed already in 2020 by the BKA. this seems to have been quite distinct.

If somebody asks him it would be great to know his answer
The English couple say the BKA took great interest in what they had to say, so I think they will have been equally as diligent if speaking with MC.
Maybe we will find out one day if he left anything. I don't think he would, but one never knows.

Okay, but did he placed stones in the ramshackle piece of forest as well, beside the holes, BKA dug out?

Do you think, this could be plausible?;)

Or do you would like to see a kind of pattern, as i do?
I don't think he did. I think he was concentrating on the water and the divers, not on the land.

Also from "The love spirits"

“I have reliable information that Madeleine was kidnapped, beaten, raped, and murdered, and that her body was thrown into the lake near Arade Dam, where it is now submerged.” “On what basis?” Ijyu opened a map of the Algarve and put a clipping from a newspaper on the table. “Several things. First, this is the second dam closest to Praia da Luz, a mere twenty-five minutes by car. The closest dam, Bravura, has already been searched by the Lagos Fire Department, and they found nothing. In other words, a smart criminal would know that Bravura Dam was more likely a place for the police to search, since it is the closest, and therefore it would be less suitable for the purpose he intended. Second, Arade Dam is the only dam on the Algarve that is completely deserted, with no people or houses around. Additionally, its large breadth and depth, and very cloudy waters, make it an ideal place for someone to get rid of a corpse. Third, a Portuguese trucker claims to have seen, on May fifth, two cars parked, one behind the other. A woman in the second car got out with a child wrapped in blankets and gave this wrapped child to a man driving the other car. The trucker said that within the blanket was the clearly wrapped form of a small child but that since it was all covered, it would not be able to breathe. Even more, it was a very hot day. Turns out that this happened in Silves, close to Arade Dam.” Ijyu showed him a newspaper clipping that talked about the truck driver and reported that the police had ignored his leads. “And, fourth, I also have information obtained as a medium that confirms this location.”

If the BKA/HCW searched the Barragem do Arade based only in MC statements as a medium (and possible the couple finding a shrine maybe made by MC), they are very desperated looking for evidence.

Also from "The love spirits"

“I have reliable information that Madeleine was kidnapped, beaten, raped, and murdered, and that her body was thrown into the lake near Arade Dam, where it is now submerged.” “On what basis?” Ijyu opened a map of the Algarve and put a clipping from a newspaper on the table. “Several things. First, this is the second dam closest to Praia da Luz, a mere twenty-five minutes by car. The closest dam, Bravura, has already been searched by the Lagos Fire Department, and they found nothing. In other words, a smart criminal would know that Bravura Dam was more likely a place for the police to search, since it is the closest, and therefore it would be less suitable for the purpose he intended. Second, Arade Dam is the only dam on the Algarve that is completely deserted, with no people or houses around. Additionally, its large breadth and depth, and very cloudy waters, make it an ideal place for someone to get rid of a corpse. Third, a Portuguese trucker claims to have seen, on May fifth, two cars parked, one behind the other. A woman in the second car got out with a child wrapped in blankets and gave this wrapped child to a man driving the other car. The trucker said that within the blanket was the clearly wrapped form of a small child but that since it was all covered, it would not be able to breathe. Even more, it was a very hot day. Turns out that this happened in Silves, close to Arade Dam.” Ijyu showed him a newspaper clipping that talked about the truck driver and reported that the police had ignored his leads. “And, fourth, I also have information obtained as a medium that confirms this location.”
Can anyone recall the name of the man & woman whose house & vehicle were searched due to the Silves report? I seem to recall toys in a car and his being a teacher.

If the BKA/HCW searched the Barragem do Arade based only in MC statements as a medium (and possible the couple finding a shrine maybe made by MC), they are very desperated looking for evidence.
There is no way they would have waited all these years to search there if they were based on these. Jmo

The "shrine" appears to be located on the other side of the reservoir, near to the Tower where Correia's divers were searching. The orientation of the stones also seem to point more towards the tower than the picnic area. This spot is probably where they launched their boat from, it looks to be the closest place to the tower to safely get into the water.

Given the timing of Dec 2007, I think it likely had something to do with Correia or one of his team putting it there when they left. The recent searches were targetted on a very specific area on the other side of the lake, I very much doubt the "shrine" tip-off itself had anything to do with the BKA's reasoning for doing it. JMO.

Attachments

• Tower.jpg
    Tower.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 21
  • DM.jpg
    DM.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 21
  • DM2.jpg
    DM2.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.