Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lesson to be learned for the Braunschweig authorities - stop messing about and get your witnesses into court asap before they fall apart.
Very true. Especially when your witnesses are dodgy opportunists who would do owt for a quid!

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the case against CB is this witness, plus the Jag, the phone call, and perhaps some evidence he burglarised holiday apartments - perhaps even OC

Throw in some profile stuff and you can see why they would be convinced they have the right guy
That would be embarrassing if true - MO.

ETA: enough to state they are certain CB is the culprit and he killed MM?

It’s fairly light on, not much about the case.

He does state that he gave CB’s details to UK police in 2008 - that’s fairly damning. Impossible to blame everything on the Portuguese if that’s true and CB is guilty.

ETA: I hope this isn’t the full extent of his statement, for the sake of the credibility of the investigation.

There was no British investigation in 2008.

All incoming information was passed to the Policia Judiciaria. In 2010 it was discovered that the PJ inspector in charge was being negligent in his duty. This resulted in the order from a judge for the files to be passed to the only active investigation which was being run by MM's parents.

From the Telegraph 12 Feb 2010

... and had been forwarded by police forces in the UK, Spain, France and Italy but ignored by their Portuguese counterparts.

Copies of the files would now be passed to KandGM to be followed up by private investigators hired to search for their daughter.

"But I am angry because it is the Portuguese investigative police who should be doing this job,” Mrs Duarte, added.

"They have the power and capability to do it. It is they who should be doing it and not my clients."

Portuguese police 'ignored Madeleine McCann leads'

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused. Have we not had interview(s) with CB's ex friend(s) in the tabs before now, saying pretty much the same sort of stuff?
Right. Helge B. told nothing, that isn't already known so far. With one exception imo.

He left the tapes in his van and doesn't know what happened to them. He doesn't say, that something has been destroyed.

Whilst looking at the recent charge in the five cases, this could be interesting. 3 charges for rape and torture, kept on video. Two of the victims still unknown.

Hard to imagine, charging somebody for videotaped rapes, without victims and the tapes, right? So, i'm pretty sure that the recent (and upcoming) charge is based on footage. Helge is just a small piece to complete the jigsaw.

Last edited:
There was no British investigation in 2008.

All incoming information was passed to the Policia Judiciaria. In 2010 it was discovered that the PJ inspector in charge was being negligent in his duty. This resulted in the order from a judge for the files to be passed to the only active investigation which was being run by MM's parents.

From the Telegraph 12 Feb 2010

... and had been forwarded by police forces in the UK, Spain, France and Italy but ignored by their Portuguese counterparts.

Copies of the files would now be passed to KandGM to be followed up by private investigators hired to search for their daughter.

"But I am angry because it is the Portuguese investigative police who should be doing this job,” Mrs Duarte, added.

"They have the power and capability to do it. It is they who should be doing it not and not my clients."

Portuguese police 'ignored Madeleine McCann leads'
And they didn’t review prior information they had received when they started OG?

Did they plan to wait until the same witness called in again with the same info years later.

Very true. Especially when your witnesses are dodgy opportunists who would do owt for a quid!

I think you may be a little hard on this witness. He doesn't appear to be money grubbing and he does appear to be a victim of MSM.

HB’s evidence really seems to amount to no more than ‘she didn’t scream’ which could be argued to be commentary. I expected more detail.

There’s no mention of his reporting this to the PJ.

None of it. Despite reporting it a few times to other law enforcement.

I think you may be a little hard on this witness. He doesn't appear to be money grubbing and he does appear to be a victim of MSM.
I'm sure he didn't think he was signing up for six years of it, with no end in sight still. Not just the fault of MSM though is it.

And they didn’t review prior information they had received when they started OG?

Did they plan to wait until the same witness called in again with the same info years later.

I have no idea.

All I do know is that all information received by international law enforcement agencies was sent to the official investigators who in 2008 were the PJ.

In 2008 the MM case was in the hands of the Policia Judicairia who were responsible for co-ordinating all incoming information.
SY were uncontactable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member