Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The prosecutor is being quoted as being ‘100% sure she was murdered’ - no ambiguity in that statement. And would clear up any of that speculation you point out.

I think the speculation is around what the prosecutor has said. Is he being constantly misquoted or mistranslated day after day?

The point of saying anything in a press conference is to convey information concisely, especially if he is seeking help. You speak to one media outlet who represent all media, you get various media outlets to elect a chief spokesperson who can ask questions on behalf of the whole press. You hand out a statement, which can't be 'disseminated' into a million versions. They could miss out on crucial information, because the public is confused.

The point of saying anything in a press conference is to convey information concisely, especially if he is seeking help. You speak to one media outlet who represent all media, you get various media outlets to elect a chief spokesperson who can ask questions on behalf of the whole press. You hand out a statement, which can't be 'disseminated' into a million versions. They could miss out on crucial information, because the public is confused.
that is my point. There is no speculation at all, if the press release says clearly and concisely ‘i believe 100% mbm was murdered’. This is what is being reported In the media.

so my next question is, should he be using those quotable words, if he is not 100% sure?

Personally I believe that the prosecutor's saying has been mistranslated more than once by the media. Listening to what he said at the press conference, the words he used, he made it quite clear that he is pretty sure that Maddie is not alive. He doesn't assume she is dead, he is convinced that she is dead.

Thoughts.

The friend in the bar who CB allegedly showed the rape video to - could be the same person in the chat room.

The chatroom conversation could have gone on to partially admit / intimate he had taken MM.

Maybe (in the excerpt released) CB was just testing the other person - cunningly suggesting what he wanted to do (to gain the other trust and see if he was as depraved as himself) then going on to intimate he had already done something like that -

Just some thoughts to explore.
You would imagine that's how paedophiles operate. It's all right with privacy online, but if your face to face with someone you would be wary and would test them to see if they share (and wanted to share) you're sick fantasies.
Undercover police officer? They have had him on their radar for years, maybe this was part of the operation?IMO

The campervan? But a nondescript car from the Ocean Club to it?
If the location was the campervan, and there was a video or photos... then the campervan would be easily identified in any video/photos.

I believe this is why LE are asking for other known places that CB lived. or stayed at the time.

Also, if there was another person involved, the destination could have been at their home.

If the location was the campervan, and there was a video or photos... then the campervan would be easily identified in any video/photos.

I believe this is why LE are asking for other known places that CB lived. or stayed at the time.

Also, if there was another person involved, the destination could have been at their home.
True, I forgot about that. There's so much to piece together! I'd say premises.
Did we rule out the farmhouse? The press seemed eager at the start in showing photos of the interior.

The campervan? But a nondescript car from the Ocean Club to it?

Yes that's the thought going through my mind atm.
His ex GF said he preferred to take her to secluded beaches -

Also DT reports .............Madeleine McCann: Key locations being investigated by police

"Brückner would often park the van on secluded beaches, where he would spend the night",

He kept the van for a long time after 2007 - plenty of time for a thorough clean, then pass it on 2015 when it was used for parties etc which destroyed any more potential evidence left.

There may be other incidents or rape/abuse on the memory stick found - they may want to id those settings too.

It leads back to the question of whether he did it - planned it - or whether it was spur of the moment?

If it was spur of the moment - what vehicle would he have logically used after he burgled hotel rooms?
Maybe he wasn't employed - legally anyway, as a car mechanic at the time. Would he have had access to other vehicles?
Could there be someting in that grey area which links to back to AB and the re-registering of the Jag.
Had he no need to use it and found another car? IMO

Personally I believe that the prosecutor's saying has been mistranslated more than once by the media. Listening to what he said at the press conference, the words he used, he made it quite clear that he is pretty sure that Maddie is not alive. He doesn't assume she is dead, he is convinced that she is dead.

But the German Prosecutor has been trying to appease the English, he initially said that she was 'dead' because of how German cases are dealt with, because the British police are still treating it as a 'missing' persons case, that's how the British deal with such cases, then he's gone back and stated that there is a possibility she is 'still alive'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarmenSanDiego314