Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The DM going a bit further
Attack on girl in Praia da Luz forms part of German inquiries | Daily Mail Online
Attack on a 10-year-old British girl in Praia da Luz two years before Madeleine McCann disappeared forms part of German inquiries into prime suspect Brückner
Yes, I think these attacks have to be related. It is a very rare offence breaking into a house at night to sexually abuse children. And I still think the funny smell could have been oil and petrol, from him working with cars, maybe layered with tobacco and sweat. I know mechanics and even if you change all your clothes, the smell seeps into the skin, under the nails etc. You need a lot of hot water and swarfega etc to get rid of it.

ETA And he was nicknamed "The Screwdriver" because he stank of oil and petrol

Also wonder about some of the descriptions in the intruder reports. We know CB disguised himself sometimes with a mask. (very MN) I wonder if the "hare lip/scar" and the red t-shirt with the white circle weren't also attempts at disguise. If you really did have an obvious hare lip, you'd grow a moustache or something if you planned on sexually assaulting someone and hoped to get away with it? It all seems a bit extreme for someone trying to be inconspicuous.

Old loyalties etc. But also if someone knows whose number it was at the time, then the authorities can track them down.

Old loyalties? But why would someone loyal to CB (a confirmed really nasty piece of work) place him/herself at the centre of this mess? S/he would automatically be viewed (quite rightly imo) as suspect for that loyalty and be seen as someone ripe for scrutiny?

Regardless of how they might track this person down, bottom line, if they do, this person is going to be minutely scrutinised. So my question remains: what would entice this person to be helpful about the alleged call he and the prime suspect had on the day and in the short hours before the latter is suspected of abducting a child, when they know they would be putting themselves at risk of the type of scrutiny CB is currently under?

Yes, I think these attacks have to be related. It is a very rare offence breaking into a house at night to sexually abuse children. And I still think the funny smell could have been oil and petrol, from him working with cars, maybe layered with tobacco and sweat. I know mechanics and even if you change all your clothes, the smell seeps into the skin, under the nails etc. You need a lot of hot water and swarfega etc to get rid of it.

ETA And he was nicknamed "The Screwdriver" because he stank of oil and petrol
I agree. The smell of oil combined with living rough in a campervan. When he moved to Foral he was doing odd jobs and some were providing access to a shower.
I think the fact that the PJ are taking (whatever it all is) seriously is making it all look a bit stronger. The misunderstanding between what HCW meant is cleared up a bit now too. JMO

I agree. The smell of oil combined with living rough in a campervan. When he moved to Foral he was doing odd jobs and some were providing access to a shower.
I think the fact that the PJ are taking (whatever it all is) seriously is making it all look a bit stronger. The misunderstanding between what HCW meant is cleared up a bit now too. JMO

HCW?

EBM ah ok

FOUND: Shirt worn by Madeleine McCann suspect
A FORMER Scotland Yard detective has uncovered a sensational clue that could help solve the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
By JAMES MURRAY
00:00, Sun, Apr 27, 2014

I can’t link it in. The origin of the shirt may have been found

A FORMER Scotland Yard detective has uncovered a sensational clue that could help solve the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
By JAMES MURRAY

Ties in with bar work then

I hope they don’t find Madeleine in the well. It would be so awful to think she’d been somewhere so obvious the whole time. I do hope they find plenty of other evidence of criminality.

Can
By JAMES MURRAY

[PLEASE DELETE]

I wonder if he used the shower in the empty apartment where he was possibly seen on the balcony with another man

Not sure about this north Portugal thing. Can't find any MSM source actually stating the call was made there, it just says not in Luz area. If that information had been made public by the investigators, I would have expected it to have appeared on all of the MSM sites. Has someone just made the assumption based on finding this DS is from North Portugal?

I rather think the original ref was to it being north OF Praia da Luz. As this is on the south coast, it really could be anywhere in Portugal, not necessarily far north.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee