Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant he said that days after the appeal.

no they wouldn’t but they’d charge him
Why would they? They know he isn't getting out any time soon. I made this point earlier, the threshold for being able to charge him is there being "more chance of conviction than not". Do you think the German LE would want to raise a charge and show their hand knowing there was a 51% chance of getting a conviction? In a case this big, and the ramifications if he walked in spite of strong evidence? No chance.

They want evidence strong enough to ensure a conviction, not to raise a charge. Which is why I take their comment about not yet having enough evidence to charge him with pinch of salt. They've said previous they have 90% of the evidence they need and that they have concrete evidence that CB murdered MM. I would have though that would be enough to raise a charge if that's what they wanted. They clearly don't want to yet.

Last edited:
I still feel that they are just needing one final thing to nail him. Totally my own feelings, obviously, I just keep thinking they couldn't/wouldn't possibly name someone in the news across the world as their chief suspect in a high profile case if they weren't pretty certain. "Concrete certain", you might say :rolleyes:

I think they need something to place him right near the apartment or they can't charge him. They can then question him...

Why would they? They know he isn't getting out any time soon. I made this point earlier, the threshold for being able to charge him is there being "more chance of conviction than not". Do you think the German LE would want to raise a charge and show their hand knowing there was a 51% chance of getting a conviction? In a case this big, and the ramifications if he walked in spite of strong evidence? No chance.

They want evdience strong enough to ensure a conviction, not to raise a charge. Which is why I take their comment about not yet having enough evidence to charge him with pinch of salt. They've said previous they have 90% of the evidence they need and that they have concrete evidence that CB murdered MM. I would have though that would be enough to raise a charge if that's what they wanted. They clearly don't want to yet.

You could be right no doubt... but I am inclined to believe the '90%' mentioned was as in - 90% way to a charge ( not conviction, or trial). I think this is supported by the Prosecutor saying early on that .....
'One has to be honest and remain open to the possibility that our investigation could end without a charge, that it ends like the others have. ''
The charge is only the stage where the suspect is questioned and before trial.

You can't claim Portuguese LE are protecting CB! That's completely nonsense! No LE would protect him anywhere in the world. How can you imagine high ranking officials protecting a criminal? Tell me one such case (of course political cases excluded).

El Chapo, Mexico, because Law Enforcement was paid off. There are quite a few, I could draw up a list of 100 plus.

I have been checking Carol Everett's Madeleine page since 2007, she did not update it for years, and then she updated it recently. It is a very strange thing that I thought about the wigs found in CB's Portugal's home and Carol mentioned the same thing. She has been mentioning Germany since 2007! I am not sure I trust intuitive profiling but her account sounded interesting at the time and she has been working with the police for decades.
I remember back in 2007 we were searching for her "bridge" like crazy. Her house she drew in 2007 looks a lot like CB's Praia de Luz home.
Maddy Maddie McCann

They want evdience strong enough to ensure a conviction, not to raise a charge. Which is why I take their comment about not yet having enough evidence to charge him with pinch of salt. They've said previous they have 90% of the evidence they need and that they have concrete evidence that CB murdered MM. I would have though that would be enough to raise a charge if that's what they wanted. They clearly don't want to yet.

I agree. Let's go back a week or so ago when the first appeal came out, just to narrow it down to stay focused.

CB's Vehicles
Descriptions of interiors of homes where CB had lived.
The 2 phone numbers.

Was that it?

IMO The answers to these q's will put the final pieces into the jigsaw.
That's the rest of the evidence they need.

Last edited:
Hello, just want to chime in from time to time as part of the German public!
The whole case is not discussed in TV or newspapers anymore. There are still some documentaries being made about the suspect and they are recounting everything we know about the Maddie case, like bringing it back to public memory but nothing new.
I looked around for any reliable German newspapers and this is what I found on multiple good newspapers:
- Hans-Christian Wolters made a public statement saying that he did never say that they have any proof for Maddie being dead and that this had been dragged through media although it is not true. He says that to this time they don't have any proof for Maddie being dead but because of the profile of the suspect and the case, they handle the investigation as a murder investigation because it is just common for sexual motivated crimes to end in murder.
- The police found used articles of girls clothing in a camper that he owned, swimwear and other childrens clothes. They also found a lot of child *advertiser censored*, some of it picturing the suspect.
- The police confessed for mistakes in the investigation made in 2014, where they had clues for the suspect being involved in child ponography but could not arrest him right away. It is possible that he destroyed evidence in that time.
This is everything for now :)

thank you for your valuable perspective Schlumpfchen. :) German sleuthers are key to keeping our feet on the ground in terms of not jumping the gun (especially on bad/weak translations)

so is it now clear HCW has said “concrete suspicion” and not “concrete evidence”? Does everyone view this as the same thing? (She says sincerely and perplexed!)

I can’t shift the certainty that there is media (pictures/video) especially since the revelation that some of offensive material featuring children also featured CB. This was fed to the press from the German LE, yes?

HCW has also been clear to say there is solid evidence not known to the public. With this in mind, I sincerely ask, do we feel this is going to lose momentum or are we heading somewhere?

please, justice for that little girl regardless.

thank you for your valuable perspective Schlumpfchen. :) German sleuthers are key to keeping our feet on the ground in terms of not jumping the gun (especially on bad/weak translations)

so is it now clear HCW has said “concrete suspicion” and not “concrete evidence”? Does everyone view this as the same thing? (She says sincerely and perplexed!)

I can’t shift the certainty that there is media (pictures/video) especially since the revelation that some of offensive material featuring children also featured CB. This was fed to the press from the German LE, yes?

HCW has also been clear to say there is solid evidence not known to the public. With this in mind, I sincerely ask, do we feel this is going to lose momentum or are we heading somewhere?

please, justice for that little girl regardless.

This is from the BBC:

A senior Portuguese police source, who has seen the German evidence against Christian B, has told the BBC it is "very important" and "significant".
Madeleine evidence 'significant' - Portugal police

I don't think Brunt has any clue what he's on about. So many contradictions in the one article. Another quote from it -

It is not known which sample the German authorities have asked for, but many were collected and tested after Madeleine vanished.

Which is why I keep urging everyone to ignore the pure nonsense that comes from him and others

The samples were run though analysis many years ago. All that is needed is to compare results that exist against CBs data.

No need to 'retest' if even possible.

I personally think he is an opportunistic sadist. It may be possible he was victimised himself and is "regaining" that control he felt he never had by exerting control over others. The fact they were always far weaker victims, shows us what he thinks of himself. That he went to the extent he did with it adds another element-psychopathy. I've met control freaks in my life. But there's alot of combining factors at play here imo.

Yes, he could well have been victimised and certainly seems to exert control over the vulnerable.

To me he seems to be Predatory rather than opportunistic.

Opportunistic would normally feature a frenzied violent attack on victims. CB's, from details published, seem to be more methodical in nature, pre-planned with eroticized and fantasized behaviour.

IMO

Last edited:
An example is Casa Pia case in Portugal where the famous people abused children in Casa Pia children's homes. The criminals are protected in there because the judge ordered case files to be closed for the public for at least 25 years.

I'm not aware of that, but sounds like law so states, doesn't it?

Exactly this.

This is more gossip based on unknown sources

Which is why I keep urging everyone to ignore the pure nonsense that comes from him and others

The samples were run though analysis many years ago. All that is needed is to compare results that exist against CBs data.

No need to 'retest' if even possible.

I don't think you need to 'urge everyone', people just need to find reliable sources for their information. There are good ones out there.

i remember he offered to test the dna in this case, free of charge... the MET ignored his offer.

it would make sense to me, to send all the samples to the most up-to-date lab. regardless of country... but ideally a country neutral to the current LE three way. USA for instance would be a good neutral choice. they have spent £12 million and counting on getting this far after all.

This guy was big in the McStay case.

Without going into the detail we should treat his shameless self promotion with caution.

He isn't actually doing testing. He is using computer models to analyse low quality samples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member