Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this quote was discussed last week. It's not a Nypost exclusive quote.
DailyStar 4 days ago
I have some believability issues with this account. I think it may have been taken out of context somewhere along the line or sensationalised. Why would CB make a comment like that to someone he barely knows?

I think he was more likely just referring to the grass when he spoke of hiding it and nobody can find you. He may then have also said he runs kids around in the vehicle at another point in the conversation, possibly in reference to the Foster home for teenagers he was staying at during that time.

The mark above his lip did cross my mind. I thought it could be a possible injury he had to the face at the time.
This suspect ( or one of them - I can't remenber, it makes for a horrible read) had blonde hair tied up in a pony-tail.
It would be interesting to see photos of CB in his 20's. Looking at what his friends have said he didn't like a 'hippy' look but then maybe he did at one point or maybe this suspect wore a wig.

I'm so angry reading accounts of T's death. Depraved *wish I could swear on WS's* praying on vulnerable children.

I have some believability issues with this account. I think it may have been taken out of context somewhere along the line or sensationalised. Why would CB make a comment like that to someone he barely knows?

I think he was more likely just referring to the grass when he spoke of hiding it and nobody can find you. He may then have also said he runs kids around in the vehicle at another point in the conversation, possibly in reference to the Foster home for teenagers he was staying at during that time.

It was his ex G/F's Father - CB and N grew up in the same town.

I think he was more likely just referring to the grass when he spoke of hiding it and nobody can find you. He may then have also said he runs kids around in the vehicle at another point in the conversation, possibly in reference to the Foster home for teenagers he was staying at during that time.[/QUOTE]
That story came out a few days after his daughter spoke about CB and that her father didn't like him .....hmm

Looks like Martin Brunt has changed his story already now. Quote now appearing in his article -

"It is believed the sample is only a trace, and in the 13 years since it was collected it has been impossible to extract any DNA profile from it."

So has this particular sample been tested against CB or not then? Can't see how based on that.

Madeleine McCann: German police want to retest mystery saliva sample

Looks like Martin Brunt has changed his story already now. Quote now appearing in his article -

"It is believed the sample is only a trace, and in the 13 years since it was collected it has been impossible to extract any DNA profile from it."

So has this particular sample been tested against CB or not then? Can't see how based on that.

Madeleine McCann: German police want to retest mystery saliva sample

I honestly don't think they know what's been tested or what hasn't. A Portuguese paper reported request letters were sent to the PJ ( as in past tense) and from that people like Brunt are trying to guess what the requests were about imo.

I honestly don't think they know what's been tested or what hasn't. A Portuguese paper reported request letters were sent to the PJ ( as in past tense) and from that people like Brunt are trying to guess what the requests were about imo.
I don't think Brunt has any clue what he's on about. So many contradictions in the one article. Another quote from it -

It is not known which sample the German authorities have asked for, but many were collected and tested after Madeleine vanished.

From the Maddie podcast, it seems that some/many are using what may be considered 'old' DNA testing technology (15 years old). While newer, more precise technology is being utilised elsewhere.

"A so-called advanced wonder technique used to re-test vital DNA samples in the Madeleine McCann mystery is actually just "really old" DNA technology from 15 years ago, according to a world-leading US expert in forensic science.

Dr Perlin has pioneered what is widely believed to the most powerful DNA testing methods on the planet.
Cybergenetics uses computational algorithms to decipher samples once thought to be unsolvable."
Over-hyped DNA-17 is 'really old' tech that can't solve Maddie case, expert claims.
i remember he offered to test the dna in this case, free of charge... the MET ignored his offer.

it would make sense to me, to send all the samples to the most up-to-date lab. regardless of country... but ideally a country neutral to the current LE three way. USA for instance would be a good neutral choice. they have spent £12 million and counting on getting this far after all.

It's a toxic cocktail whatever he's got and then add substance abuse - among other things, on top of that. imo

It's noted that he started abusing children around puberty. Reminds me of what AC said in the Alisha Macphail case that he didn't think about that the year before, when he was younger.
I just wonder what kind of assessment and treatment was available in the 70's - and accessible for CB, that could have had some impact on him. Then he fled when he was 18.

It's a toxic cocktail whatever he's got and then add substance abuse - among other things, on top of that. imo

It's noted that he started abusing children around puberty. Reminds me of what AC said in the Alisha Macphail case that he didn't think about that the year before, when he was younger.
I just wonder what kind of assessment and treatment was available in the 70's - and accessible for CB, that could have had some impact on him. Then he fled when he was 18.

There are a lot of similarities in the cases. AC is still on my mind, he's made me more aware to lock my door, even in the day time.

If this case isn't solved, I can imagine ppl questioning the accuracy of DNA tests in decades of years. I get the PJ being offended and wound up by germany wanting to retest samples but wouldn't it make more sense for Portugal to give germany the samples and then when results found they can then take the higher moral ground and prove their accuracy. It's been 13 long years, surely they should all be pulling together and not against each other? X

If this case isn't solved, I can imagine ppl questioning the accuracy of DNA tests in decades of years. I get the PJ being offended and wound up by germany wanting to retest samples but wouldn't it make more sense for Portugal to give germany the samples and then when results found they can then take the higher moral ground and prove their accuracy. It's been 13 long years, surely they should all be pulling together and not against each other? X
Let's see what the Portuguese authorities respond with. I can't see how they would expect to benefit by refusing the request. They don't even have an open case and they would come across as petty by hindering an advanced case into CB.

I don't think Brunt has any clue what he's on about. So many contradictions in the one article. Another quote from it -
It is not known which sample the German authorities have asked for, but many were collected and tested after Madeleine vanished.

And he's been given the bum's rush by the Germans. :D
Prosecutor Mr Wolters refused to discuss the case or any request for the sample when contacted by Sky News.

Psychopaths don't normally respond to 'therapy' unfortunately and will manipulate their therapists. Although many studies have been carried out, there's no 'cure' for pychopathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879