Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to an article in the metro newspaper, CB’s British ex-girlfriend has spent a number of years working in the Netherlands before she came to Portugal. I am vaguely wondering if she wrote the letters to the Dutch newspaper about the two Belgian girls’ bodies locations and then Madeleine’s body location. If she did, as Madeleine’s disappearance post-dated her declared relationship with CB, then she must have heard bragging or been in the relationship longer than we suppose. An unlikely scenario, so just speculation from me. I haven’t checked dates of the Belgian girls or seen the letter/handwriting. I think the letter hit the headlines in2007 about 1.5 months after MM disappeared.

In the photo of the VW Westfalia van in Malaga, looking at the things in the top right corner of the photo which look like 2 grey towers or dockyard cranes I suggest they are perhaps the masts and rigging of the old galleon Santisima Trinidad (with appearance modified as a result image compression)

re: VW photo. here's the actual location of the van.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

this old entrance shows up on google maps history... no longer in use.
the barriers changed to red and white, and the vertical white poles on the central reservation were removed by may 2012.
so the picture was taken before may 2012.

first screen grab shows the actual road sign with the 2 directional arrows.
3d screen grab shows where the camper was parked [bottom right]

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-28 at 03.24.57.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-28 at 03.24.57.png
    791.7 KB · Views: 146
  • Screenshot 2020-06-28 at 03.28.09.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-28 at 03.28.09.png
    702.3 KB · Views: 138
I can't offer a link now, but I've read, post here and linked before information it was an OC's employee who found his number in an entry in an old diary.

Thank you - I'd forgotten that. I have read all the posts since CB was named, but not every detail sticks, so apologies to everyone for going over old ground.

This is the post where you mentioned it a fortnight ago: Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #5

P.J. POLICE FILES: DAVID PAYNE ROGATORY

it was the Payne’s who had a monitor
Many apologies if this has been discussed before but a couple of things struck me as strange. In this interview he seems adamant that KM returns to the table and says 'they've taken her' not 'someone has taken her' which I think most of us would say.

Secondly earlier in the thread someone posted interviews with the lady in the apartment above which stated she'd heard crying for about an hour the night before the abduction. She'd stated it sounded like a child not a baby below 2 - so clearly she thought it was MM. Does that make anyone else wonder if CB was in the apartment the night before but was disturbed by MM who had then told her parents. Given her age the most likely conclusion they might have made is a simple nightmare. She herself may have have described it as that given how young she was. Could have explained'the use of 'they've' rather than 'someone'

If so does that make it more likely abduction alive was his motive as it would have been easy to subdue a crying 3 yr old to burgle but harder to abduct one?

The other issue confusing me is the extradition one. As I understand it Germany requested his extradition on drug related offences. This is executed correctly. Once in Germany they then wish to charge him with the rape in Portugal.' He's objecting because that is not part of the original extradition. Is that correct?

If yes surely the second charge of rape has been made after his return to Germany. The extradition is to get him back on one charge. That's the purpose of extradition - to get someone back legally. Once he's there surely he no longer needs to be extradited for any subsequent charges made in that country?

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

the barriers changed to red and white, and the vertical white poles on the central reservation were removed by may 2012.

It's the same signpost, but it does not seem to be the same spot:
QagDj11.jpg

The mountains in the background seem to be the same.
The building in the photo of CB's Westfalia seems to be a 10-storey building whereas in the more recent image, the building has 14 storeys. (Were they added in time?)
UDPsAz5.jpg

The building in the photo of CB's Westfalia seems to be a 10-storey building whereas in the more recent image, the building has 14 storeys. (Were they added in time?)
UDPsAz5.jpg
How do you come to the conclusion that it is a 10 storey building? The two pictures are from different vantage points.

UDPsAz5.jpg

Excellent spotting about the mountains , thanks

As far as the building height ..... something (another building) is blocking the lower part in the van picture .... and guess what ... I actually found a nearby building that matched it and tried several vantage points trying to duplicate the setting (last night - got tired & went to bed) .... will try to find it again and post it

Last edited:
Does not seem to be the same building though

Not from this angle. You must rotate it between 45-90º counterclockwise. That's a preliminary view later confirmed (I agree picture shown here isn't explicit enough, but can't be discarded that straightforward).

QagDj11.jpg

I'm still analyzing it. Anyway, location is Málaga beyond any reasonable doubt. Anyway again, from direct comparision of the pictures the angles are not the same (some 45º difference by sight).

Part Two of the ID documentary shown on TV last night, all are quotes except my comments or questions are in brackets and are JMO MOO (see part one for more clarification).

The mugshots of the 3 men. "It's unsure if it was one man or three different men."

One of the quotes said "Pedophilia is no stranger to Portugal. There have long been Pedophiles working in the Algarve where the McCann's stayed. We don't know the exact figure but its a frighteningly high figure."

Yes i originally took a guess to look at the demographic..and was corrected..rightly so as i was counting all of portugal in the numbers i was using. But when people say that the number of THEM amongst us is 0.8%....(5% x 50% (males and females) x 33% (males aged between 20 and 50). )
thats 26 pedos in PdL based on its population of 3200. And you'd be making a safe bet that they mostly knew each other.

over 80,000 pedos in Portgual using the same logic. Because there are so many of them, and most are connected in some way, its difficult to establish certainty on the perp.

I had considered that too .... I toured around the carousel for about an hour yesterday trying to find a vantage point that worked .... didn't find it but still possible.

Maybe it isn't carousel. At the time I considered it in the angle close to one I provided. But carousel doesn't show up in a pic from 2009, so it must have been built later.

Last edited:
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I spent a long time last night looking at Google 3D , and deduced it was definitely Malaga, but gave up trying to find the exact spot - this is brilliant work! Do you reckon LE know where it is? Or should this be reported to them, as it may be extremely relevant, eg esp if they know when it was taken

To me spot is valid. "Parador" is at about 90º and concerned building at about 45º. Traffic sign (unreadable anyway) is there, as well as pillars (but top is blue, however they're in works and maybe was added later). It's unreasonable to discard this spot.

Attachments

• IMG03.jpg
    IMG03.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 27
QagDj11.jpg
Please look at the google link. And scroll around. 100% it is the same spot. The Pillars of the double entrance canopy. The mirror on the top corner of the canopy. The white vertical poles on the central reservation. Even the grey horizontally corrugated metal (back of the large overhead sign).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth