Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
seems very unlikely - there would be evidence of that having happened, plus guns aren't quiet, even with a silencer attached.
Impossible to have been shot in the apartment and not left a trace. Can only assume there is something lost in translation or missing from the article. Maybe something alluding to her being shot after she was taken. We know CB was carrying a gun a few weeks later when he moved to Foral, perhaps someone is surmising possibilities based on that.

"Money doesn't come into it," Hans Christian Wolter of the Braunschweig prosecutor's office told the Sunday Independent. "From our perspective, as long as the investigation has a chance of success we will continue it.

"Our job is to try to get a result. If there is nothing more to investigate, of course the case will be closed, we won't keep it open needlessly. But there is no finish line in sight and at the moment we can't say how much longer it will go on. It could, theoretically, take years."

'We won't give up on Madeleine McCann probe' - German authorities investigate British girl's disappearance

did the German police really suggest madeleine was shot in the apartment? that's got to be a wind up surely. i know the PJ were bad, but they aren't that bad! i think they'd of been able to tell if that was the case...

Followed home by somebody maybe? Or was it HB that thought someone had been in her apartment before?
i wonder if the football was on in the bar she went to?
if the attacker had been stalking her, and followed her to the bar... he could legitimately be watching the germany game; but at the same time watching her - and her boyfriend. he could have already known her name from the children in the resort calling her all the time - she was the kids entertainer. but also could have heard her name mentioned if she was close enough in the bar.
she left the bar before the boyfriend.
maybe he waited in the bar to see which way the boyfriend went.
then he would know she was going to be alone in the apt.

in a similar way, CB also had to be confident that the 72 year old woman was not going to have visitors. it takes time to gather up a video recorder / flexible metal torture weapon / 12 inch knife / bag of condoms / put on shoes / etc. you can't leave in a hurry. it takes planning to know you will have 15 minutes undisturbed.

15 minutes undisturbed. a similar window of opportunity someone had with MBM.

i wonder if the football was on in the bar she went to?
if the attacker had been stalking her, and followed her to the bar... he could legitimately be watching the germany game; but at the same time watching her - and her boyfriend. he could have already known her name from the children in the resort calling her all the time - she was the kids entertainer. but also could have heard her name mentioned if she was close enough in the bar.
she left the bar before the boyfriend.
maybe he waited in the bar to see which way the boyfriend went.
then he would know she was going to be alone in the apt.

in a similar way, CB also had to be confident that the 72 year old woman was not going to have visitors. it takes time to gather up a video recorder / flexible metal torture weapon / 12 inch knife / bag of condoms / put on shoes / etc. you can't leave in a hurry. it takes planning to know you will have 15 minutes undisturbed.

15 minutes undisturbed. a similar window of opportunity someone had with MBM.

Jane Tanner mentioned that she thought a football match may have been on the night Madeleine went missing.
P.J. POLICE FILES: JANE TANNER ROGATORY INTERVIEW<br>WITH DC FERGUSON

“So he, yeah, he, he went off to his check and he was longer than a bit, because I can remember Kate sort of saying ‘Oh bet he’s put the footy on’, because I think there was a football match that night and she sort of said ‘Oh I think he’s probably’, erm, you know, ‘got side tracked and put the telly on and catch up on the score’, so he was gone a bit longer than normal.

“And can you remember, as you past them or thought to acknowledge them, then you noticed they were deep in conversation, can you remember which angle you saw them from, which way they were facing?”
“No, I, phew, again, I would probably guess Gerry’s back was more towards me, because I would have thought if I’d have seen him I would have definitely probably stopped and said ‘Oh you’re in trouble, you’ve been long, we think you’ve been watching the footy’, you know, but.

Thread is open again.

giphy.gif

... maybe the whole country, including the police were more interested in the football than HB?

Maybe they were, but no different to probably every other European country who'd qualified that year, who'd also have been watching all the matches.

What happened to HB was appalling and the way she was treated in the aftermath was even more appalling but maybe let's not try and make monsters out of the Portuguese for loving their football. HB was grimly failed by the police who attended, no question, but let's not let that become HB was failed by an uncaring Portuguese at large.

Jane Tanner mentioned that she thought a football match may have been on the night Madeleine went missing.
P.J. POLICE FILES: JANE TANNER ROGATORY INTERVIEW<br>WITH DC FERGUSON

“So he, yeah, he, he went off to his check and he was longer than a bit, because I can remember Kate sort of saying ‘Oh bet he’s put the footy on’, because I think there was a football match that night and she sort of said ‘Oh I think he’s probably’, erm, you know, ‘got side tracked and put the telly on and catch up on the score’, so he was gone a bit longer than normal.

“And can you remember, as you past them or thought to acknowledge them, then you noticed they were deep in conversation, can you remember which angle you saw them from, which way they were facing?”
“No, I, phew, again, I would probably guess Gerry’s back was more towards me, because I would have thought if I’d have seen him I would have definitely probably stopped and said ‘Oh you’re in trouble, you’ve been long, we think you’ve been watching the footy’, you know, but.

Fixtures 3-5-2007

Select date:
calendar-to.gif

UEFA Cup
Th 03May 2007 W Bremen 1 - 2 Espanyol
Th 03May 2007 Sevilla 2 - 0 Osasuna

Semi Finals

Last edited:
Investigador alemão admite que Madeleine McCann possa ter sido morta

"Investigator Christian Hoppe of Bundeskriminalamt (BKA), Germany's Federal Criminal Police Department, revealed that Madeleine McCann may have been shot when the suspect robbed the family's apartment and may be dead.
In an interview with ZDF television station, Hoppe still does not rule out the kidnapping of the child, nor an attack provoked by sexual reasons, but stresses that the investigation indicates that "the child is dead"."

I haven't read back a few pages but I just read this a few minutes ago via Google translator and this is the first time I reading anything about Madeleine possibly being shot. :(
'Alvejar' must have more than one meaning (so not only 'to shoot').
Anyone?

Bait for whistleblowers
The photos and numbers are like bait for potential informants. But Wolters says that of course you have more than what has been made public. You have "enough clues", but deliberately did not put the cards on the table. "It would be easier if everyone knew what we know," says Wolters, but that is not possible. Not yet. "For tactical reasons,"

Fall Madeleine McCann: Puzzleteilchen für Puzzleteilchen

Somethings bugging me about his face,pretty sure hes had a nose job and possibly a chin implant,his left ear looks slightly pinned back too,he looks so different in pictures dont you think

Somethings bugging me about his face,pretty sure hes had a nose job and possibly a chin implant,his left ear looks slightly pinned back too,he looks so different in pictures dont you think

A males jaw can occasionally grow/mature during their early 20's - usually it has matured by the late teens. His ear, in later photo's looks relatively the same as it did when he was 19 imo.

'Alvejar' must have more than one meaning (so not only 'to shoot').
Anyone?

CM is something like tabloid Mirror, so you must proofread articles for them.

"Alvejar" usually means "to shoot", but it can also mean "to target" so it was a poorly chosen word as you cannot extract what they mean indeed from context. So it can be translated both as "she might have been shot" or "she might have been targeted" (of course, another meaning, "to bleach", is out of question here).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members