Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit confused now, wasn’t that discussed previously and discounted as being the westafelia van due to the dimensions? Or is it thought it could be the Winnebago?

Fantastic work there with the place ID redplanet!

Sorry for the confusion, I posted that link because that is where I found the name and info about "Praia do Barranco" and CB having his van parked there. If you scroll down the page you will see a picture and the name of the beach.

Attachments

• PDB.jpg
    PDB.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 21
Did we know this? I have missed a few pages of the thread.

Portuguese newspaper Correio de Manhã has also reported recently that an employee at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz, where Maddie disappeared, told a man the three-year-old's parents would be out for dinner and their apartment would be easy to break into.

The publication adds that the suspect’s phone number was in the employee's mobile contacts.

https://www.***********.au/christian-brueckner-madeleine-mccann/
(mamamia - June 10, 2020)

At Praia do Barranco the VW has probably found a way through the boulders which enclose the car park, and driven closer to the ocean? For example its parked location in photo might even be where I marked in yellow? (Not an accurate position, needs work)

Attachments

• barranco-map-b.png
    barranco-map-b.png
    630.2 KB · Views: 38
At Praia do Barranco the VW has probably found a way through the boulders which enclose the car park, and driven closer to the ocean? For example its parked location in photo might even be where I marked in yellow? (Not an accurate position, needs work)

Direct Google link: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Based on the backwards C bush in the center makes me believe the location of his van was here...

Attachments

• sbs2.png
    sbs2.png
    496.6 KB · Views: 401
The Algarve - Campervan Life

Barranco

A beautiful, remote beach, down a very bad track. Barranco is a lovely bay, with a sandy beach, with rocky edges. Due to the poor access, many travellers stay here for a long time. The only locals you will ever see are the local surfers, and the goat farmer. It is possible to stay here during the summer months. The surf here is excellent. When the conditions are right you will see hoards of surfers, local and travelling, arrive in numbers. They will disappear as soon as the conditions change again. A right hand wave peels from one side of the bay to the other. Barranco is not signposted. To get there, from the N125 take the turning signposted for Praia da Ingrina and Praia do Zavial. The lane to Barranco is the first turning on the right. The lane is 3.5 miles (5.6 km) long, and not sealed. In some places massive pot holes fill with water. After heavy rains most vehicles will not be able to drive on the lane. 4WD vehicles should not have a problem.

Free camping at Praia do Barranco (Branco’s)
Barranco is a popular free camping area, throughout the year. However, access is along a long 3.5 mile (5.6 km) rutted track that can be a problem in wet weather. The bad lane means in summer you wont be moved on. There are bins at the beach, but nothing else. Take plenty of supplies with you. There is a little supermarket at the turning on the N125.
Yes photo sbs.jpg is great shonyakay IMO it shows exactly where the VW was parked.

Diogo could be a relative of someone who worked at the OC, also with surname of silva???
Hi this is my first post, been following this since the start Re Diogo Silva google him on linked in I dont know if I can post it, but if you do you will see the guy, worked at the hotel now works in a bar near to it :):)

Direct Google link: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Based on the backwards C bush in the center makes me believe the location of his van was here...

Did you turn around on the map and look about? There is what appears a trailer park / rv park in the area if you turn about... perhaps he was parking there?

Lots of circular mounds on that beach.

Attachments

• E43782D5-E77F-4137-BAC1-A82C7DD53666.jpeg
    E43782D5-E77F-4137-BAC1-A82C7DD53666.jpeg
    207.8 KB · Views: 88
  • DDD384DF-AC70-483B-9AB2-ACC7275D671C.jpeg
    DDD384DF-AC70-483B-9AB2-ACC7275D671C.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 82
  • C946691F-136A-4286-B899-8D4F4DA4A6A3.jpeg
    C946691F-136A-4286-B899-8D4F4DA4A6A3.jpeg
    227.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 4BC3C808-D864-4400-8809-9A67DA37172C.jpeg
    4BC3C808-D864-4400-8809-9A67DA37172C.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 113
Praia do Barranco - using google earth, does NOT show the place I think is a trailer park or car park, but its visible in the link posted by shonyakay above if you turn about. Seems that image they posted was from 2018... I wonder how it looked in 2007!

Barranco

A beautiful, remote beach, down a very bad track. Barranco is a lovely bay, with a sandy beach, with rocky edges. Due to the poor access, many travellers stay here for a long time. The only locals you will ever see are the local surfers, and the goat farmer. It is possible to stay here during the summer months. The surf here is excellent. When the conditions are right you will see hoards of surfers, local and travelling, arrive in numbers. They will disappear as soon as the conditions change again. A right hand wave peels from one side of the bay to the other. Barranco is not signposted. To get there, from the N125 take the turning signposted for Praia da Ingrina and Praia do Zavial. The lane to Barranco is the first turning on the right. The lane is 3.5 miles (5.6 km) long, and not sealed. In some places massive pot holes fill with water. After heavy rains most vehicles will not be able to drive on the lane. 4WD vehicles should not have a problem.

Free camping at Praia do Barranco (Branco’s)
Barranco is a popular free camping area, throughout the year. However, access is along a long 3.5 mile (5.6 km) rutted track that can be a problem in wet weather. The bad lane means in summer you wont be moved on. There are bins at the beach, but nothing else. Take plenty of supplies with you. There is a little supermarket at the turning on the N125.

LINK: The Algarve - Campervan Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member