Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, regardless of whether the photo is or isn't her... it means nothing. When LE confirm it was her, and registered to her, or she was using it on said night, then it will matter. Otherwise, does it really matter?

Well, then this will scare the living crap out of you - I called someone I know who has a kid aged 12 and that kid explained the entire thing to me that I just explained to you. He knew b/c he had a pal with a teenaged sibling who knew and explained how easy it is. He explained it to help keep the Younger kids from ending up talking to someone they don't know online. Its incredibly easy, and sadly, many kids are well aware, if not more versed in how to spoof adulthood online than most adults are!

That really does scare the crap out of me.
On the one hand, I’m so glad our young folk know ways to outsmart paedos.
... On the other, I’m sad they’ve had to become so savvy so young.

I think the photo is very very like her. So for posters to say it is clearly not her is derailing things a little

I;ve seen at least 5 pics of her in News sites and she looks different in every one - who wouldn't when you dye your hair, thicken your eyebrows, use filters etc.

To be fair, most young kids would be doing this for giggles or to outsmart friends/foes, not to "outsmart paedos". I agree though, that 12 year olds are very clued up. Maybe not a bad thing

I;ve seen at least 5 pics of her in News sites and she looks different in every one - who wouldn't when you dye your hair, thicken your eyebrows, use filters etc.
Precisely my point. To say it is "clearly" not her is flippant at best.

It is scary what kids know these days! I actually felt bad posting all that info on how to spoof a kik acct because ya never know what weirdo might be reading this and figure out how easy it is to suddenly become a kid or a teen online.... or what kid might suddenly become an "adult" online.

The only tricky thing I think would be if you're asked for more than one Live Photo... using the CGI generated human photo of someone who does not even exist might get tricky b/c each time you refresh the screen, its a new human face... I've never seen the same face pop up twice. And even if it did, it would be in the same pose / position as the first so you'd probably have to save it, and then screw around with it in photoshop.... it might be annoying enough and difficult enough so as to deter someone from using it if they were asking for more than one verification photo online.

That said though.... it's still easy to literally be anyone ya wanna imagine online using the techniques I described above. Scary.

ANYBODY could have created that KiK profile and added a photo. Anybody. Doesn't even have to be someone linked to this case. Could be someone who's bored. Also, Kik wasn't around in 2007 that I know of. Pretty sure it launched in October 2010....
Yes, it was launched in 2010

The phone number is a prepaid Portuguese mobile that CB called. [my bold] Tracking it down is considered a very important part of the investigation.

I'm confused now (not unusual!). Wasn't the mystery number related to a call CB *received* on the relevant night?
For instance the BBC report on 5th June says (my bold):

'Christian B received a phone call in Praia da Luz at 19:32, which ended at 20:02. Madeleine is believed to have disappeared between 21:10 and 22:00 that evening.
Police have released details of the suspect's phone number (+351 912 730 680) and the number which dialled him (+351 916 510 683), and said any information about these numbers could be "critical".'
Madeleine McCann: Who is the German suspect?

Does this mean SY have a different version of the facts from German LE, or is it just something lost in translation?

I'm confused now (not unusual!). Wasn't the mystery number related to a call CB *received* on the relevant night?
For instance the BBC report on 5th June says (my bold):

'Christian B received a phone call in Praia da Luz at 19:32, which ended at 20:02. Madeleine is believed to have disappeared between 21:10 and 22:00 that evening.
Police have released details of the suspect's phone number (+351 912 730 680) and the number which dialled him (+351 916 510 683), and said any information about these numbers could be "critical".'
Madeleine McCann: Who is the German suspect?

Does this mean SY have a different version of the facts from German LE, or is it just something lost in translation?

I wondered the same, was it a poor translation of something. An article I read, I think it was the DM, reported it as two calls but made no distinction, kinda just had “CB received a call” in one half of the article, then in the other half started talking about how he made a call as if it was one in the same.
However, I am noticing articles specify that he “made a call *an hour* before” MM’s disappearance. We know the half hour call he *received* finished at 8.02pm, which would be roughly two hours before she was noticed to be missing.

I wish it was more clear as phone traffic seems to be what German LE are focusing on.

Maybe there were two calls? The call from the mystery number to CB between 19.32-20.02, CB then maybe called the number back again approx an hour before Madeleine went missing? There could also be other calls between those two numbers that night that we just haven’t heard of yet perhaps before & after she went missing?

Maybe there were two calls? The call from the mystery number to CB between 19.32-20.02, CB then maybe called the number back again approx an hour before Madeleine went missing? There could also be other calls between those two numbers that night that we just haven’t heard of yet perhaps before & after she went missing?

That’s how I’ve been reading the latest reports, that there were two calls (at least). But again, I don’t want to be reading too much into it in case it’s a translation error. It’s possible the confusion is intentional, so LE can better determine what tips are genuine and what aren’t.

With regards to dating the Malaga photo, I've been having a closer look on Google Maps at the exact spot where the VW was parked in the photo. The earliest available high-res Google satellite image for this location dates from 15/08/2007, and the earliest Streetview images date from September 2008. We can refer to the location of the blue road sign to help us somewhat narrow down the possible date of the photo:

In the satellite image from 15/08/2007, we can clearly see that the blue road sign was present in the exact same spot as it was in the VW photo:

VW_Sign_Sat_2007-08-15.png

It was still present in the same location on the Streetview image from September 2008:

VW_Sign_Street_2008-09.png

In the satellite image from 11/10/2011, the original blue road sign was no longer present. A new one had replaced it at a location closer to the blue canopy:

VW_Sign_Sat_2011-10-11.png

In the Streetview image from May 2012, we can see the new road sign (which is now white & blue) in its new location. The original road sign from the VW photo has now gone:

VW_Sign_Street_2012-05.png

Therefore, we can say for certain that the photo of the VW, parked inside the Malaga ferry port, was taken on a date prior to 11/10/2011 (and obviously that the outside appearance of the VW was as per the photo at that time).

Incidently, the white poles that are partially visible on the far left of the VW photo were flagpoles.

These flagpoles were present in the Sateliite image from 15/08/2007.

VW_Flagpoles_Sat_2007-08-15.png

They can also be seen in the Streetview image from September 2008.

VW_Flagpoles_Street_2008-09.png

In the Satellite image from 24/04/2012, the flagpoles were no longer present.

VW_Flagpoles_Sat_2012-04-24.png

Their removal can also be seen in the Streetview image from May 2012.

VW_Flagpoles_Street_2012-05.png

With regards to dating the Malaga photo, I've been having a closer look on Google Maps at the exact spot where the VW was parked in the photo. The earliest available high-res Google satellite image for this location dates from 15/08/2007, and the earliest Streetview images date from September 2008. We can refer to the location of the blue road sign to help us somewhat narrow down the possible date of the photo:

In the satellite image from 15/08/2007, we can clearly see that the blue road sign was present in the exact same spot as it was in the VW photo:

View attachment 254061

It was still present in the same location on the Streetview image from September 2008:

View attachment 254062

In the satellite image from 11/10/2011, the original blue road sign was no longer present. A new one had replaced it at a location closer to the blue canopy:

View attachment 254063

In the Streetview image from May 2012, we can see the new road sign (which is now white & blue) in its new location. The original road sign from the VW photo has now gone:

View attachment 254064

Therefore, we can say for certain that the photo of the VW, parked inside the Malaga ferry port, was taken on a date prior to 11/10/2011 (and obviously that the outside appearance of the VW was as per the photo at that time).

Incidently, the white poles that are partially visible on the far left of the VW photo were flagpoles.

View attachment 254065

View attachment 254066

View attachment 254067

View attachment 254068

You have the patience of a saint, Juliet Bravo.

I think this was very stupid from MWT to publish that for five minutes of fame and to show off. What if the girl is in hiding from CB and his associates. He is putting her life in danger.

Why does anyone take him seriously?

His puff doco on the innocence of Pistorius ignored all evidence and logic

He's an access merchant and clock hound like all the rest.

He doesn't have any insights into the case

Why does anyone take him seriously?

His puff doco on the innocence of Pistorius ignored all evidence and logic

He's an access merchant and clock hound like all the rest.

He doesn't have any insights into the case

I think he truly exposed himself as a sensationalist with no insight last night. A real “investigative journalist” would have known NM has already spoken to LE. A quick Google search of her name shows very recent paparazzi photos of her. If the paps know where she is, so do LE.
We can take the fact that she has spoken to LE as proof that they already know all her past phone numbers, any numbers she knows that are associated with CB, and are keeping a close eye on her phone and internet traffic. The girl can’t pass water right now without LE knowing about it.
MWT is just trying to stay relevant.
All MOO.

Last edited:

View attachment 254061

View attachment 254062

View attachment 254063

View attachment 254064

View attachment 254065

View attachment 254066

View attachment 254067

View attachment 254068

Sorry, Juliet Bravo! I was so blown away by your saintly patience in doing this that I never actually said THANK YOU!! This helps so much, thank you for all your time and effort!

Last edited:
IIRC, it wasn’t an arrest warrant, but an “alert” from way back when they first wanted to speak to her but she was “in hiding”.
If Interpol has issued a Red Notice for NM, then there might be more going on;
In an unprecedented move, German authorities have issued an Interpol Red Notice for the immediate apprehension of the Kosovan
Interpol Issue Arrest Warrant for Madeleine McCann Suspect Christian Brueckner’s Ex Teenage Girlfriend - Euro Weekly News Spain Top News News Article

Red Notices are issued for fugitives wanted either for prosecution or to serve a sentence. A Red Notice is a request to law enforcement worldwide to locate and provisionally arrest a person pending extradition, surrender, or similar legal action.
View Red Notices
RedNoticeEnLR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads