Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are people already operating on the fringes of society, coercive control in dysfunctional relationships can result in people doing some awful things when in an abusive dynamic. I think we have to keep this scenario in mind even though it’s abhorrent to us. It seems from reports that she is a key witness so I’m keeping an open mind on how much she knows and the extent she may have been manipulated. JMO

Criminals are not limitless, each one has his limits, even tough this is contrary to intuition.

I left it like that because I wasn't not sure. "Porte de arma" translates as gun carrying as you say, but on the video it says "Porte de armas", which means carrying weapons according to Google. Arma is gun but armas is weapons. I just didn't want to say it was definitely a gun in case that's not what it meant but I suspect it is in the context of the full sentence.

You're right, but the phrase is "legislação de porte de armas" which is "guns law". We can infer he was carrying at least one weapon, but "armas" refers to law.

To be precise, I think they mean Bundeswaffengesetz, that is Federal Weapons Act.

What I infer from that charge is that he was stopped by traffic patrol and had no car insurance and had at least a gun with him without a permit. The gun was seized of course permanently and also the car until he could produce insurance proof.

Last edited:
You're right, but the phrase is "legislação de porte de armas" which is "guns law". We can infer he was carrying at least one weapon, but "armas" refers to law.
Yes I think you're correct. More worryingly though, why did he need a gun? Not seen it mentioned in any of his crimes. But if this record is correct, he had a gun in 2005. If he wasn't permitted to have it, you would think it would have been confiscated, yet by 2007 he had another gun which he carried in a holster during his time in Foral. He then gets caught with a gun again (possibly the same gun as from Foral) in 2013.

Yes I think you're correct. More worryingly though, why did he need a gun? Not seen it mentioned in any of his crimes. But if this record is correct, he had a gun in 2005. If he wasn't permitted to have it, you would think it would have been confiscated, yet by 2007 he had another gun which he carried in a holster during his time in Foral. He then gets caught with a gun again (possibly the same gun as from Foral) in 2013.

Good point. I edited my post to add more info which is in accord with your viewpoint. I think there's no known crime of his with a firearm, but no doubt he had some.

• protection - maybe?
  • self-defence- maybe?
  • fear- (most likely if he did take MM)
  • peer pressure - (unlikely)
  • to gain respect, power or control (possibly)

• protection - maybe?
  • self-defence- maybe?
  • fear- (most likely if he did take MM)
  • peer pressure - (unlikely)
  • to gain respect, power or control (possibly)

One thing is having a gun at home. Once he always lived in isolated areas, it's no big deal to risk having a gun at home even if illegally for protection. I wouldn't be surprised if most people in those areas had an illegal weapon hidden at home. Often they even have a legal hunting gun because it's easier to get a permit.

The other thing is carrying it in a car. That's for self-protection for sure (if not to commit crimes, but we know none), most probably related to drugs dealing IMO.

One thing is having a gun at home. Once he always lived in isolated areas, it's no big deal to risk having a gun at home even if illegally for protection. I wouldn't be surprised if most people in those areas had an illegal weapon hidden at home. Often they even have a legal hunting gun because it's easier to get a permit.

The other thing is carrying it in a car. That's for self-protection for sure (if not to commit crimes, but we know none), most probably related to drugs dealing IMO.

Agree and if LS quotes are anything to go by, the sight of CB carrying a gun in a holster in Foral made villagers scared, so it would have been an unusual sight imo.

Why the need to carry it on your person in a sleepy village though unless there's something hidden in that village you're protecting yourself against?But that is WILD speculation on my part!

Agree and if LS quotes are anything to go by, the sight of CB carrying a gun in a holster in Foral made villagers scared, so it would have been an unusual sight imo.

Why the need to carry it on your person in a sleepy village though unless there's something hidden in that village you're protecting yourself against?But that is WILD speculation on my part!

I agree. Carrying it personally is quite unusual and scaring for villagers of course. No reason for that unless to create a profile he's a dangerous guy they shouldn't challenge IMO. Even people who have a gun permit must conceal it when walking in the street, including plainclothes police.

I agree. Carrying it personally is quite unusual and scaring for villagers of course. No reason for that unless to create a profile he's a dangerous guy they shouldn't challenge IMO.

I find it rather odd that he would have wanted to create a dangerous profile in Foral though.
He went to exhausting pains to come across as a charming, normal, affable, personable and friendly character, from what we have read.
Carrying a gun in a holster seems incongruous imo - perhaps the mask slipped occasionally. Otherwise it could suggest disorganised personality traits.

Can't answer all of that but I think the cadaver/blood dogs weren't brought in straight away as there was nothing to suggest that she died in the apartment, the investigation was focussed on her having been taken from the apartment, not killed there.

The apartment was closed off for a while and not rented out, there's stuff in the PJ files about the owner enquiring when they could have the apartment back to continue renting it but don't know if it was handed back prior to the dog search.

The rental car was not kept in custody though. The McCann's didn't even start renting it until about 3 or 4 weeks after MM. What the police did was round up several cars from people connected to the case and put them all in a parking garage for the dogs to check them over.
It's quite disturbing to know that of all cars that were parked in that garage or on that parking lot, the sniffer dog(s) picked out the car of the McCanns by setting the alarm at the driver's door and the trunk.

If the McCanns are innocent (and that is what I wish to believe), then someone must have planted some organic/human residue on those particular spots of their car during the time that it was parked. Was there any chain of custody for that car?
And was the car searched any further on DNA after the dog(s) had made their search?

Sniffer dogs are useless if you don't find what you're searching for. If a drugs dog triggers on an empty bad, no way you can tell a judge to arrest someone because once there were drugs inside. One of those dogs that were in Portugal sniffed cadaver odor in a college in UK which police dug in detail and spent more than £10M just to find a few animal bones. Once there's no concrete evidence so far I'm open to all hypothesis tough.

so how did those last few years go for CB. simplified version.
2007-2011 drug mule?
2011 october sentenced for drug smuggling suspended.
so that is possibly 5 years of drug deals yet it doesn't sound like he was making much money from all that drug trafficking as...
2012-2014 running a small kiosk
hardly big time. and looks like being caught cut him out of the drugs game.
2015 living in a caravan in disused factory grounds.
2016 guilty of child sex abuse, working on a small farm in foral tending sheep, doing odd jobs.
2017 arrested in a playground.
2018 - 2020 mostly in prison apart from 4 weeks living on the streets in milan.

does this sound like a member of an international crime syndicate, or a small time chancer who liked a drink, and told quite a few tall stories. any thoughts?

No, he was small time.
Having summarised everything so far my inclination is to lean towards CB acting alone in abducting MM. (If he did)
I partly base this on what we have seen of his " psychological drives"
The first which seemed to be his quest for making money. imo he burgled and robbed and sold drugs to acquire his money, some jobs may have been more profitable than others which may have resulted in him having expensive jewellery etc which could have easily paid for the Allegra. One thing I'd like to know is that if he had a "fence" for the stolen goods then who was that? Or did he use pawn brokers? So I'm inclined to discount the selling of MM theory atm.

The second "drive" was sex, sometimes violent, depraved and sadistic but not always - I think based on his paedophilic tendencies and the fact that he had acted alone in his listed offences, except the diesel theft, which was pretty minor under the circumstances, that he would have taken MM alone, no 2nd perp, no selling over sea's, no paedo ring. Purely to carry out his own sexual fantasies.
I don't think there is a number of people protecting him, BP, NM, NF etc, this is far too many people not to have one sing like a canary!
Yes he mixed with a lot dodgy people, but that doesn't make anyone complicit and even the most grubby peodophiles would find child abduction and murder abhorrent.
If he did it, it would have been a closely guarded secret on his behalf, he may have slipped up, revealed things on some occasions, but never a full admission.
The "horrible job"? - If someone told me over dinner that they had a horrible job to do I wouldn't just let the conversation end there! I'd ask them what kind of job, it's a statement that sparks interest and answers imo - It depends the context of the conversation at the time, so I'm not attaching much importance to that statement.

JMO

Last edited:
Last edited:
Wow CB was chasing the sheep of the neighbour.... with the knowledge of his perversions we can all have an idea what he wanted to do with the sheep.

It just gets worse and worse doesn't it?

Does anyone of you guys know why the UK cadaver dogs were brought in only 3 months (Aug) after MM's disappearance?

And: was apartment 5A being kept in custody and closed and unaccessible -as a crime scene- for 3 months? It wasn't rented out all those months?

And: had luminol been used previously (May) in the apartment and the car to detect the presence of blood?

And: had the rental car been kept in custody too for 3 months until the dogs came to sniff?

P.J. POLICE FILES: EDDIE & KEELA REPORT
Apartment 5A, after the McCann's moved out and before it's search by British dogs, was rented out four times, to 4 different families. The Renault was still being used by the McCanns at the date of the British dog searches.
P.J. POLICE FILES: DCCB LETTER DIRECT TO G. AMARAL 27 SEP 07

Apartment 5A, after the McCann's moved out and before it's search by British dogs, was rented out four times, to 4 different families. The Renault was still being used by the McCanns at the date of the British dog searches.
P.J. POLICE FILES: DCCB LETTER DIRECT TO G. AMARAL 27 SEP 07
Thanks.
Was the apartment treated at all with luminol?

And did the McCanns hire that car for many months then?

And was the car treated with luminol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member