Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m shocked they have managed to seize both the vehicles in question after all this time too. Apparently he first became a suspect in 2017 after a tip off after the 10 year anniversary. So the fact they’ve managed to locate both of these Cars after all that time is quite something don’t you think?
I think cars are relatively easy to trace because they have to be registered with the government by their unique serial number, and the past data isn't deleted. Can't imagine they'd still contain reliable evidence after so much time has passed, tho.

Very interesting to see the individual named as a suspect and not as a person of interest. The latest information certainly fits the offender profile , 'stranger abduction', that I identified in my report having analysed all the Portuguese files. #MadeleineMccann

https://twitter.com/mwilliamsthomas/status/1268256630573064194?s=21

All info coming from German police who are the reason behind making the person the suspect. Mets still treating #MadeleineMcCann case as misper, yet also call him a suspect. Suspects exist for crimes not missing persons. Have to assume suspects vehicles have given up no DNA

https://twitter.com/mwilliamsthomas/status/1268354074971377670?s=21

German police treating #MadeleineMcCann disappearance as murder & say they received info naming their susoect in 2013 & 2017,but currently they don't have enough evidence to charge him, hence an appeal . German police and Met police have very different views here.

https://twitter.com/mwilliamsthomas/status/1268413153626505216?s=21

The Murder Investigation Manual sets out risk indicators where they suspect the missing person may have come to harm. Note: if in doubt,think murder. Met police very clearly maintaining #MadeleineMcCann case ia a missing person with no evidence of 3rd party involvement/foul play

BFC048A3-E7D9-4321-8C60-966349AD8CDE.jpeg

https://twitter.com/mwilliamsthomas/status/1268424077699682305?s=21

'Years later, many years later, it appears that in an Internet chatroom there is a conversation between that person and another person where they talk about Madeleine.'

Ex-Portuguese police chief claims leading Madeleine McCann suspect is a mystery German paedophile | Daily Mail Online

This is so disturbing. Maybe the person who was talking to him on this chat room (anonymously perhaps?) is who the police were hinting at to come forward earlier. When they seemed to be aiming it at someone in particular...

“You may be aware of some of the things he has done. He may have confided in you about the disappearance of Madeleine. More than 13 years have passed and your loyalties may have changed. He is in prison and we are conscious that some people may have been concerned about contacting police in the past. Now is the time to come forward. We are appealing to you.”

JMO, but I think whomever he confided to in the chatroom, reported it to police. Otherwise, how would police know about that chat? It's not easy but police could have traced who the chatroom culprit was, then found he had committed sex crimes/crimes against girls since 2007.

I think they're wanting the person who phoned him on that night to come forward.

They probably know who he transferred the jaguar to, that person lived in Germany. It might have been the same person he talked to on the phone. Transferring a car into your name kind of needs an explanation, it's really a risky thing to do because now you're responsible for that car. Either someone did him a big favour, or he took advantage without telling them. Also, articles indicate he had the 'use of' the camper van, not that he owned it. So someone let him use it.

So, during that time, various people knew he was around/near the resort, and were doing him favours, and maybe noticed he acted strangely in the following days. It would have been a memorable time, because of Maddie's disappearance. Or, since he seems to chat about it, maybe he chatted to someone he trusted back then.

Very interesting to see the individual named as a suspect and not as a person of interest. The latest information certainly fits the offender profile , 'stranger abduction', that I identified in my report having analysed all the Portuguese files. #MadeleineMccann

https://twitter.com/mwilliamsthomas/status/1268256630573064194?s=21

All info coming from German police who are the reason behind making the person the suspect. Mets still treating #MadeleineMcCann case as misper, yet also call him a suspect. Suspects exist for crimes not missing persons. Have to assume suspects vehicles have given up no DNA

https://twitter.com/mwilliamsthomas/status/1268354074971377670?s=21

German police treating #MadeleineMcCann disappearance as murder & say they received info naming their susoect in 2013 & 2017,but currently they don't have enough evidence to charge him, hence an appeal . German police and Met police have very different views here.

https://twitter.com/mwilliamsthomas/status/1268413153626505216?s=21

The Murder Investigation Manual sets out risk indicators where they suspect the missing person may have come to harm. Note: if in doubt,think murder. Met police very clearly maintaining #MadeleineMcCann case ia a missing person with no evidence of 3rd party involvement/foul play

View attachment 249759

https://twitter.com/mwilliamsthomas/status/1268424077699682305?s=21
I assume British police are just following good police bureaucratic practises in not officially declaring a case as homicide until they have actual forensic evidence of homicide. But obviously foul play is very likely.

Interesting that they 'cleared' him in 2008. So he was a suspect at one time. I wonder how he came upon their radar?

And I agree, it may have been a false alibi witness that cleared him. That happens in so many cold case shows. They eventually solve the guess, and often find out they had them as a suspect already, but a girlfriend, or Mom, or a buddy gives them an alibi.

I found it striking that in the statement made by LE, they specifically talked about loyalty and possible fear and reiterated that he was already locked up.

Okay, I've gone from very dubious to more convinced they may have something.

moo

Interesting that they 'cleared' him in 2008. So he was a suspect at one time. I wonder how he came upon their radar?

And I agree, it may have been a false alibi witness that cleared him. That happens in so many cold case shows. They eventually solve the guess, and often find out they had them as a suspect already, but a girlfriend, or Mom, or a buddy gives them an alibi.
Police would know who that person was, wouldn't they? Paying them a visit would probably be more effective than putting out an appeal.

I imagine they interviewed every man in the area, possibly going from cellphone records, that's how they know now, 13 years later, about that phone call he received.

I’m shocked they have managed to seize both the vehicles in question after all this time too. Apparently he first became a suspect in 2017 after a tip off after the 10 year anniversary. So the fact they’ve managed to locate both of these Cars after all that time is quite something don’t you think?

The Jag looks very dusty in the photo, so it's probably been mothballed away somewhere. If that was because Suspect feared something in it might connect him to the crime...

"We know he was in the resort on the night, about an hour before Madeleine was last seen about 9pm.

"He took a phone call on his Portuguese mobile from another Portuguese mobile. The call lasted half an hour.
----
He lived in a ramshackle old farm building which sits on a remote hillside along a footpath that runs from above the beach where Madeleine and her family played during their week's holiday in 2007.
---
DCI Cranwell released details of two mobile phone numbers.

The first, (+351) 912 730 680, is believed to have been used by the suspect and received a call from another Portuguese mobile, (+351) 916 510 683, while in the Praia da Luz area, starting at 7.32pm and ending at 8.02pm on the night of 3 May 2007.

The caller, who is not thought to have been in the Praia da Luz area, is not being treated as a suspect, but is said to be a "key witness".

Madeleine McCann: Jailed German paedophile at centre of new police inquiry

=====
The new chief suspect in the McCann case, who has not been named, was jailed for seven years last December for a brutal sex attack carried out in Praia da Luz just 18 months before the three-year-old was snatched from her bed.

The German national was tried and convicted in Germany for the rape of a 72-year-old American woman in Portugal in September 2005, according to Braunschweiger Zeitung, the newspaper for the central German city of Braunschweig. His trial heard he planned the sex attack having broken into the victim's house with a rope to tie her up. She was blindfolded and gagged before being raped and robbed.

The man is just a year into his seven-year jail term for the crime - but is appealing claiming his extradition. He is reportedly already in prison serving an even longer prison sentence for a crime that has not been revealed.
---
There are concerns that Germany's strict privacy laws, which allow the suspect anonymity, could hamper the investigation because potential witnesses aren't being given his identity.
---
They think the man - who has also got previous convictions for sex crimes against girls - made money dealing drugs and burgling holiday homes and that could be how he chanced upon Maddie.
---
The attack on the American pensioner took place in Praia da Luz, 18 months before Maddie vanished from the same resort town. It was unclear this morning why the man, who was extradited to Germany from Portugal, had not faced trial in Portugal for the offence.

German law prevents police from naming even convicted criminals – so the McCann suspect remained anonymous even as he was jailed last year.

Breakthrough in hunt for Madeleine McCann as German suspect identified

I really hope this case may come to an end, but for some reason I'm not feeling it yet.

I'm wondering how they got this info 13 years later but I guess time will tell.

IMO, of course.
Plus the fact he had been considered closer to the time of the disappearance. Yes, so many false leads that it is hard to believe in this latest one.

Now that Amaral believes that it was the suspect in question I wonder if he regrets blaming the parents, MI5 and the UK government for a cover-up and writing a book that will be filed under fiction.
Let’s just see if it turns out to be the German suspect after all. It’s not just Amaral that suspected Kate and Gerry, so did lots of people. To be brutally honest with you I believe if they were not professional people with good social links they would of had the other 2 children removed from their care after leaving poor Madaleine to fend for herself.

The fact that they're refusing to reveal his name is weird, he's in jail, it's not like they don't know where he is and could go on the run. But, to be fair, three different LE agencies from three different countries are agreeing that this is a valid suspect so... there's that.
I'm going to be very surprised and shocked if whatever happened to her wasn't somehow caused by someone very close to her.[/QUOT
Just as with all LE protocol: they've been checking their list & checking it twice ....& doing their homework industriously...

They've got much more than we'll know for a while more than likely.....

I am hoping that there will be a reveal of Maddy, where she is - & we won't have to wait for that

Hoping that this suspect will confess

Finger's crossed!

JMO
To refine that, I hope he will confess if he is guilty.

Very interesting to see that German police is taking lead in investigation now primarely because they do know this suspect and his crimes. The other crime which was not revealed to public and he was already sentenced for it as well must have been quite brutal. Probably that is also the reason that they class Maddie's case murder investigation. I wonder if that unknown crime was in Germany or Portugal.

German police are also the one who seized and have possesion of suspect's cars.

Really should be solved , the amount of money and man hours this case has had flung at it . £20 million of public funds I think is amount to date . Their is a lot of missing children cases wish they had the same amount of funds spend on their case . I probably sound a bit ' sour grapes' saying that but JMO
I do hope this is the point an answer comes for her family .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe