"Make him stop" - Casey to Baez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went back and watched KC "break down" with CA and GA at their Aug. 14th jail visit.....There are some parallels in her behavior at Friday's hearing, I think-the only difference is that she couldn't turn the conversation back on Ashton like she did on her parents that day.
With her parents, when we could hear what she was thinking, it was ALL about poor me, poor me, wish I could talk but I can't, poor me. On 08/14/08, she was "crying" because she wanted them to get her out of there ASAP and it was not happening. She said to her parents "no one is comforting me."
John Ashton certainly is not going to comfort KC. If KC were as clever as she thinks she is, she would have assessed the fact that JA was doing his job, and not let it get to her. She may be a sociopath, but her narcissism actually seems to hinder her sociopathic abilities.
BBM.

I saw the same type of "temper tantrum" as well, jail video and hearing. During the jail video, when she balls her fists up angrily, she then threatens to leave the visit and walk out on her parents. During the hearing, she had no such choice, although I would guess it's what she very much wanted to do. Instead, she tells her attorney's to "Make him stop". I am still amazed a 23 year old, has such an inappropriate sense of entitlement, especially given the situation she's in.

ITA

In addition, in such cases, the defendant is watched every moment to be sure nothing really incriminating happens with the client's demeanor. I'm sure that is AL's job when she is sitting next to Casey. She watches her like a hawk for any unacceptable behavior.

You can be sure Casey will be told everything she did wrong at the hearing today. She will be told not to get so angry. She will be told what gestures are inappropriate... such as the hand-clenching pose she had before Lyon grabbed her arm.

Casey did well at the last hearing. She didn't fuss and pick, she didn't scratch her palms, etc.

This hearing brought out all the bad behaviors which could affect a jury.

And, to keep it on topic, she will be told not to say "make him stop" every time something that disturbs her is said.

By trial time, Casey should have better control of her demeanor. She will have to deal with the photographs of Caylee's bones and skull. She will hear terrible things being said about her, far worse than what she heard at this hearing.

And, when all her former friends get on the stand, that will be a true test.

Ha! Good Shamrock to her! LOL

BBM

I think I would have closed my eyes tight and covered my ears, and kept my *advertiser censored* in my chair without disrupting the court.

If they were breaking down, they still would have been disrupting the courtroom. Six of one, half a doz. of another. Either way they would have been called on it, either by the public or the court. Sorry to get off topic but I just had to respond.

I have often said, when someone wont confess or provide details to a particular crime, just start accusing them of whatever, eventually they are gonna be like, NO thats not how it happened!!! AH HA! So how DID it happen then? Which equals, CONFESSION!!! Although I dont see a confession happening, I felt like when the SA started describing the crime and KC shook her head and got angry, that was her non verbal way of saying NO! Thats not how it happened!!!! Which in my eyes insinuates guilt, not oh my God what did the nanny DO to my BABY??

Also on the subject of Casey taking the stand and having to have provided the court evidence before the trial starts of "her version" or "her story", I watched the trial of Bobby Cuts Jr (yall remember him??) and at the last minute the defense realized they were toast so they put Bobby on the stand and he proceeded to explain how it was an accident and this is how it happened. Then the SA got to get up and argue about it, but the point I am trying to make is that it appeared to be totally a last ditch effort to save him and it did not appear that anyone expected that. It came as a surprise to everyone. Anyone know how that works? Are they allowed to just throw KC up on the stand at the last minute to explain what "really happened"?
Just curious
I love all you websleuths!!! I dont post much but I read A LOT! XOXO

Don't know what happened to original posting (minutes ago?) but clicked on the video and it sure sounds to ME like the following exchange took place....

http://www.wftv.com/video/21932889/index.html

23:56

AL: You can sob now

KC: I can?

Anyone else hearing this?

(Thanks to whoever originally posted this...where did it go?)

Don't know what happened to original posting (minutes ago?) but clicked on the video and it sure sounds to ME like the following exchange took place....

Can't make out what is said, but I don't have very good sound set up on my computer. I did notice, however, the look on KC's face when she hears CA & GA get up to leave the courtroom. It is at around the 25:25 mark. She has an "Oh no! They are going to be SOOOO mad at me!" look on her face! MOO, of course, but see what you think!

Am I the only not convinced that her remark was about what the prosecutor was saying?

Like, maybe Jose wrote a note to her about something and her reply was about that?

Or maybe something else was going on in the courtroom that she wanted stopped?

JoAnn_W

I have often said, when someone wont confess or provide details to a particular crime, just start accusing them of whatever, eventually they are gonna be like, NO thats not how it happened!!! AH HA! So how DID it happen then? Which equals, CONFESSION!!! Although I dont see a confession happening, I felt like when the SA started describing the crime and KC shook her head and got angry, that was her non verbal way of saying NO! Thats not how it happened!!!! Which in my eyes insinuates guilt, not oh my God what did the nanny DO to my BABY??

Also on the subject of Casey taking the stand and having to have provided the court evidence before the trial starts of "her version" or "her story", I watched the trial of Bobby Cuts Jr (yall remember him??) and at the last minute the defense realized they were toast so they put Bobby on the stand and he proceeded to explain how it was an accident and this is how it happened. Then the SA got to get up and argue about it, but the point I am trying to make is that it appeared to be totally a last ditch effort to save him and it did not appear that anyone expected that. It came as a surprise to everyone. Anyone know how that works? Are they allowed to just throw KC up on the stand at the last minute to explain what "really happened"?
Just curious
I love all you websleuths!!! I dont post much but I read A LOT! XOXO

Thanks NeedAnswers for the compliment. This is an awesome site for comments on true crime, you are right about that.
I agree with your thoughts what acussing someone of will bring forth from them. It's pretty clear Casey did not want to hear the facts about her daughter's discovery. She was very angry.
And, thanks for adding Bobby Cuts testimony. I am not sure if they can thow a defendant up on the stand in the final moments. We have lawyers here who can answer that - where are you attorneys? We need you.
BTW, you should post more often. You have something to add.

This is how I read into the comment “make him stop”……1.) She truly is innocent and is crying because it is unbearable to hear how her child my have been murdered. 2.) She knows she’s guilty of killing her daughter and may be grieving out of remorse and/or the reality of the act she committed has finally sunk in. JMHO

Another take: while she's there- she can do something that might qualify her for an upgrade in medication once she is back at the jail.

JoAnn_W

Can't make out what is said, but I don't have very good sound set up on my computer. I did notice, however, the look on KC's face when she hears CA & GA get up to leave the courtroom. It is at around the 25:25 mark. She has an "Oh no! They are going to be SOOOO mad at me!" look on her face! MOO, of course, but see what you think!

Listened again and it is very clear to me that this exchange took place. I have now changed my opinion as to why KC is hiding her face by her arm. I think she is trying to avoid a closeup camera shot of her attempt of willful "sobbing". I watched her breathing, shoulders and chest and I personally do not believe she was "sobbing"..

What I now believe transpired.......

JA begins synopsis of state's case for death penalty

I believe KC stated to AL "Make it stop"

AL stated "I can't"

AL stated "You can sob"

KC stated "I can?"

JA began graphic description of Caylee's death

KC began her expressions of anger and rage

(edited to add: recall KC shaking her fists during outburst with rage on face in jail video, JA begins describing restraint of Caylee, KC grabs own forearm to control fist action, face already contorted with rage? , later AL also grips arm to control outburst? seems this is common when KC gets rageful?)

JB leaned over and reprimanded her (little poke of the thumb for emphasis) and reminds her that sobbing would be more appropriate

JB moves microphone further away (don't want media catching any under the breath muttering!)

AL grips KC forearm with left hand, KC elbow with right hand, for control

KC begins the willful crying (not sobbing imo) but is not sure it is convincing enough so covers her face with her arm.

JMHO

I love this phrase!
"We're not on Hope Springs Drive anymore!"
hope the Anthonys and lawyers all remember this!

I just watched the video again as well (twice) and I have to completely agree with your above (bolded) statement. I think Baez saw the beginning motions of a KC temper flare up and leaned over to tell her to ZIP IT (or at least CUT IT OUT!).

I also think this may have been the reason that AL was holding her wrist, which has been interpreted by some as being "consoling", but the second time I watched, I strictly watched AL. She appears to be holding KC forearm but is staring stonily (obviously concentrating on JA's words)...not looking at KC, not whispering or murmuring to her....I think it was to CONTROL KC....

Bingo Kentjkent, Control is the perfect word. AL was holding on to Casey's arm. This wasn't a loving comforting effort. If it had been, she would have been holding Casey's hand instead. It appeared to me as if AL was determined to keep Casey in her seat and stop an outburst before it happened.
We are not privliged to how Casey acts when she's with her counselors, but I'm willing to bet she's not an easy client to work with. We've seen how she reacts to her parents questions, she wouldn't be a sweetie with others who are backing her into a corner. Your's is a great observation.

Bingo Kentjkent, Control is the perfect word. AL was holding on to Casey's arm. This wasn't a loving comforting effort. If it had been, she would have been holding Casey's hand instead. It appeared to me as if AL was determined to keep Casey in her seat and stop an outburst before it happened.
We are not privliged to how Casey acts when she's with her counselors, but I'm willing to bet she's not an easy client to work with. We've seen how she reacts to her parents questions, she wouldn't be a sweetie with others who are backing her into a corner. Your's is a great observation.

AND elbow with right hand.....complete control of preventing KC from shaking those fists in rage again!!

I hate to disagree with you, but will do it respectfully.

I believe that CA reads ALL the document dumps thoroughly, as illustrated by the Morgan deposition. She knows about the duct tape, the heart sticker, that Caylee was only bones, and strewn around the woods, and yet downed crab puffs when Caylee was found. What Jeff Ashton said in the hearing was not anything that Cindy and George didn't already know. JMO, the whole "leaving the courtroom", along with the "Anthony entourage", was part of the "act".....the "poor me" act. I cannot feel even a minute bit of pity for CA, GA, LA or KC. Sorry for the rant, not meant against you, just used your reply to show that I felt differently.

mitzi, I could not agree more. You've right on. It's always been an act with George and Cindy. We saw it in the deposition with the Nanny Case. None of the facts in this case are a mystery to G & C. But, they're going to make the most of it so that it appears they are not guilty of anything. Like mother, like daughter. Thanks for your post.

Can someone see if this video is still the same?
I just went to view and it stopped on me the minute Ashton starts talking about how CAYLEE died. No mention of duct tape etc.
No scene of KC crying.........the last I can see is KC starting to get angry and breathing heavier. I could see her write a note at the same time AL starts to write. Has the video been edited already or is it my media player???

AND elbow with right hand.....complete control of preventing KC from shaking those fists in rage again!!

ITA!!! AL was restraining her client!
JB never gave his usual flirt to KC either..........
BTW I was thinking if AL really cared........LOL.......she would of ironed KC blouse (bad me)

"Make it stop!"
Could this be how Caylee was feeling?
My heart is breaking just thinking about this baby's last moments.
Let's not make it stop. Let's get this trial underway. It's time to bring forth justice for Caylee.

Mods, this is slightly off topic. Please remove it if you feel it's too far off from the topic.

I listened to the hearing yesterday on the CNN feed. By the time I'd read the threads about the hearing itself, they were closed. I didn't see this posted and hope someone can verify what I heard Jose say to Casey prior to the beginning. It struck me so that I wrote it down:

Baez says Cindy has the bear in the bottom of her purse.

It wasn't until long after the hearing I heard someone comment that Cindy had a big purse is court.

Any ideas???

I can't hear it either, or see the note being written..grrrrrrrrrrrr...
but at least I can imagine it with your descriptions..Thank YOU

Mods, this is slightly off topic. Please remove it if you feel it's too far off from the topic.

I listened to the hearing yesterday on the CNN feed. By the time I'd read the threads about the hearing itself, they were closed. I didn't see this posted and hope someone can verify what I heard Jose say to Casey prior to the beginning. It struck me so that I wrote it down:

Baez says Cindy has the bear in the bottom of her purse.

It wasn't until long after the hearing I heard someone comment that Cindy had a big purse is court.

Any ideas???

Interesting.

I've always thought the bear story was weird. The bear gets around.

In an LE interview RM said that Caylee had toys she slept with every night. One of them was her doll, Mama, and another was Teddy, the teddy bear.

In Cindy's last deposition, Cindy said that the day in July KC sent her to Universal, someone came into her house and took Caylee's teddy bear. Cindy said she asked KC about it and KC told her Juliette L. took the bear for Caylee. Right after this Shirley P.'s sister sent an e-mail to Shirley saying that Cindy should change her locks so strangers couldn't get into her house. Sometime after July 15, the bear found its way back into the Anthony house. Cindy said in the deposition she didn't know how the bear ended up there.

Supposedly Cindy sent the psychic Ginette (the one P.I. Casey talked to while he was on Suburban) a teddy bear.

There was also a rumor that some of Caylee's cremated remains were in a bear at Caylee's memorial service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24