Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Derryn Hunch
Also jumping in here having possibly missed earlier discussion on this, so not sure if its already been raised.

Everyone is working off the assumption that they took on board a calculated load of fuel that would get them from KL to Bejing with Reserves.

The reality is, fuel calculations are the responsibility of the pilot and as such, he would have had authority to ask for however much fuel he required.

He would have done his weight and balance calculations for the flight long before even walking out to the flightline or on board the aircraft. This would also include his fuel loading calculations, which when combined with the Zero Fuel Weight of the aircraft, must fall in within a range that does not exceed the Maximum Takeoff Weight and Maximum Flying Weight of the aircraft and keeps thee centre of gravity calculations happy as well.

Unless the plane was fully loaded with every seat booked and a compliement of passengers who were taking advantage of every last gram of the 20KG check in weight limit, and carry on weights and limits were being abused as well, I dare say he would have had plenty of room left to bring on the extra fuel if he wanted it... and that jet would have had the range to make it to the other side of the world.

The first anyone would have known about it would be at the end of the month when the people who handle the fuel bills possibly picked up n it

Yes you explained to me better.

However, your skill set is still required!

I tried to do it but it needs density of fuel which I have no clue@

I need someone to convert 54.1 (49.1 metric) tons of jetfuel to liters.

I want to see if it comes to the reported figure of what was loaded

I just want to confirm if 117 added is correct

deryl we do not know the last segment the equipment was used on but would landing with 50,000 liters in tank seem not unreasonable when he got to MAL

what i am trying to get to is max cap is 171 he put 117 on so if i am guessing he had diversion reserve of 50000 then that indicates intent to top it off

can you get us a rough idea of what you would need for a (I think the segment was like2.985 miles

I just want to confirm if 117 added is correct trying to get near TOTAL on board when the damn thing rotated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgot this Deryl use: takeoff weight of 223.5 tons

"Does everyone realize how many people failed the plane that night? Then they got a 4 day lead!"

Exactly, Roselvr!
Too many coincidences. A complete cluster****. IMO

"The weather in the southern Indian Ocean is much clearer today than the past couple days, allowing for the full spectrum electronic and visual of search capability," Commander William J. Marks, spokesman for the U.S. 7th Fleet, said in an email."

Read more at: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...lso-shows-possible-plane-debris/1/350832.html

I am not sure if they are going to find it there. :twocents:

But, at least find the debris seen from satt images, so we can rule it out or not.

"Does everyone realize how many people failed the plane that night? Then they got a 4 day lead!"

Exactly, Roselvr!
Too many coincidences. A complete cluster****. IMO

The fact that Thailand radar picked up the plane yet never said anything "because they weren't asked for radar by Malaysia" is unacceptable. Who knows how many other countries picked the flight up on their military radar but didn't say anything!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With the amount of fuel that it had (apparently more than what was needed), how far could the plane have actually flown before running out?

ETA: just read the plane had the right amount of fuel.

I would assume as far north as Russia that region. :eek:

I was watching CNN this a.m. and they were showing film of the planes and people working on the search and rescue teams. It was so impressive and the thought came to me that this type of thing should be shown to the families that are complaining that nothing is being done. These heroic efforts should be seen by them so they will at least know what exactly is being done. They should be fully aware that people are risking their lives to try to find their loved ones. jmo

I was watching CNN this a.m. and they were showing film of the planes and people working on the search and rescue teams. It was so impressive and the thought came to me that this type of thing should be shown to the families that are complaining that nothing is being done. These heroic efforts should be seen by them so they will at least know what exactly is being done. They should be fully aware that people are risking their lives to try to find their loved ones. jmo

I agree.

If it was not for all the posts here and videos about such things, I would have no understanding, at all (only understand a small fraction of it but better than the zero I came in with), about what is going on, and, about what could happen. I know they are not trusting on what they are being told, and I understand that. I think seeing would help them, if they are allowed to see World News, if they have access to it, it may just give a tiny glimpse of what is going on.

It will not take away the constant anxiety, fear, and agony, but at least they will know that many are trying to find their loved ones.

The fact that Thailand radar picked up the plane yet never said anything "because they weren't asked for radar by Malaysia" is unacceptable. Who knows how many other countries picked the flight up on their military radar but didn't say anything!

Who knows how many countires don't have radar and only pretend to? maybe some of them say they have this awesome radar system or satalite system to give a false warning to any other country trying to get near them... So the other countries assume they have it.. Yet, they dont.

I agree.

If it was not for all the posts here and videos about such things, I would have no understanding, at all (only understand a small fraction of it but better than the zero I came in with), about what is going on, and, about what could happen. I know they are not trusting on what they are being told, and I understand that. I think seeing would help them, if they are allowed to see World News, if they have access to it, it may just give a tiny glimpse of what is going on.

It will not take away the constant anxiety, fear, and agony, but at least they will know that many are trying to find their loved ones.

I agree. I had no idea how dangerous it is. Those planes are flying at 300 feet above the water and some of those waves can be 30 or 40 feet high. Scares me to death. jmo

INMARSAT satellite ping updates

For anyone who missed it, yesterday on the previous thread user NuttyMare passed on new information from the satellite maker (INMARSAT) discussed by aviation reporter Jeff Wise on CNN.

Wise published an article on Slate with the story. If you want to understand the very latest (as of yesterday) interpretation of the plane's possible location from the satellite pings, it's a great read. An even better, more detailed version with lots of maps and graphs is on Wise's own blog (linked at end of Slate article).

INMARSAT analysts say now:

-- The satellite pings were definitely MH-370. They are coded as such, can't be faked.
-- MH-370 gave off SEVEN pings, once every hour from 2:11am to 8:11am.
-- MH-370 moved farther AWAY from the satellite with each ping.
-- MH-370 did not travel west across the Indian Ocean.
-- If it traveled north, it crossed the coast near Bangladesh, possibly across its border with India or the other side with Burma(Myanmar). At 8:11am it was in the Kazakhstan area with at most an hour of flying time left.
-- If it traveled south, it crossed Indonesian military radar airspace. At 8:11am it was in/near the area of the southern Indian Ocean currently being searched.

I have the outmost respect for SAR. They volunteer (here anyways) and risk their lives. It happens here during avalanche season and skiers/snowboarders who ski out of bounds.

I found it . I got the numbers from a pilot forum. But were not allowed to post from them ............i just found the numbers from MSM

The Boeing 777 was carrying 49.1 metric tons (54.1 tons) of fuel when it departed Kuala Lumpur, for a total takeoff weight of 223.5 tons, according to Subang Jaya-based Malaysian Air.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-20/fbi-joins-malaysia-jet-probe-as-simulator-data-sought.html

all the people here smarter than I pls explain what this info translates in terms of our specfic mystery!!

The fuel aboard is a really important angel

INMARSAT satellite ping updates

For anyone who missed it, yesterday on the previous thread user NuttyMare passed on new information from the satellite maker (INMARSAT) discussed by aviation reporter Jeff Wise on CNN.

Wise published an article on Slate with the story. If you want to understand the very latest (as of yesterday) interpretation of the plane's possible location from the satellite pings, it's a great read. An even better, more detailed version with lots of maps and graphs is on Wise's own blog (linked at end of Slate article).

INMARSAT analysts say now:

-- The satellite pings were definitely MH-370. They are coded as such, can't be faked.
-- MH-370 gave off SEVEN pings, once every hour from 2:11am to 8:11am.
-- MH-370 moved farther AWAY from the satellite with each ping.
-- MH-370 did not travel west across the Indian Ocean.
-- If it traveled north, it crossed the coast near Bangladesh, possibly across its border with India or the other side with Burma(Myanmar). At 8:11am it was in the Kazakhstan area with at most an hour of flying time left.
-- If it traveled south, it crossed Indonesian military radar airspace. At 8:11am it was in/near the area of the southern Indian Ocean currently being searched.
:seeya: Thanks ToutCa. (That's it - French) :giggle:

BBM~ Then why aren't they searching North then? There has been more than 1 intel suggesting MH370's flight path was North, and not South West. :banghead:

I understand looking for the supposed debris that is 22 meters in length in the deep waters off Western Australia, but they should be expanding their search area, IMO. Who knows, maybe they already are.

I found it . I got the numbers from a pilot forum. But were not allowed to post from them ............i just found the numbers from MSM

The Boeing 777 was carrying 49.1 metric tons (54.1 tons) of fuel when it departed Kuala Lumpur, for a total takeoff weight of 223.5 tons, according to Subang Jaya-based Malaysian Air.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-20/fbi-joins-malaysia-jet-probe-as-simulator-data-sought.html

all the people here smarter than I pls explain what this info translates in terms of our specfic mystery!!

The fuel aboard is a really important angel

BBM~ Which ties in nicely with MH370 flying for an extra 7-8 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rustygirl1600