Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this is very positive news. My guess is that Ocean Shield with its sophisticated US towed sonar array has heard the 2 black boxes for 2 hours or so as what else could it be. I think it likely that the Chinese with their handheld pinger is a false alarm.

Air France Flight 447

They knew exactly where this plane was......

"initial investigation was hampered because the aircraft's black boxes were not recovered from the ocean floor until May 2011, nearly two years later"

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_France_Flight_447"]Air France Flight 447 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Wow, this is very positive news. My guess is that Ocean Shield with its sophisticated US towed sonar array has heard the 2 black boxes for 2 hours or so as what else could it be. I think it likely that the Chinese with their handheld pinger is a false alarm.

Ali the 'handheld pinger' is a technical term, yes?

It looked to me like a 'joy stick thingy'.
:blushing:

I haven't said this in a long while, but this seems like it could really be it this time. Anybody agree?

Yes. I was hesitant at first but it is seeming more likely as more pings are found.

Sydney Radio talkback station (2GB) aviation experts questioning how did the Chinese pinpoint the location and so quickly!!

I've been wondering the same. IF China pulls MH370 up first I'm hoping nothing is hidden from the world.

Me too. I realise that countries want to keep their spying stuff super secret squirrel but this is such a different situation.

It was a well ''handled'' news conference. I do feel sorry for the CEO of MAL though and I thought he handled the head on answer about his potential resignation ''very graciously'' ( I personally do NOT think he should resign)

Air France Flight 447

They knew exactly where this plane was......

"initial investigation was hampered because the aircraft's black boxes were not recovered from the ocean floor until May 2011, nearly two years later"

Air France Flight 447 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They knew where the front half was within a short time but took them 2 years to find the back half with the black boxes! It wasn't very far from the other section but they still couldn't find it for a long time.

I find it interesting also that Singapore has now offered assistance (((gee a bit late to the game)))

Did Mh370 fly over the Maldives? I haven't heard it confirmed.

Residents on the island nation, in the Indian Ocean about 700 kilometres south-west of Sri Lanka, have reported seeing a ‘‘low-flying jumbo jet’’ on the morning that the missing plane with 239 people on board vanished from civilian radar and lost contact with ground.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/missing...ts-report-lowflying-jumbo-20140319-hvkb0.html

A 747 cargo jet crashed when the cargo came loose, shifted, changing the center of gravity quickly. It was caught on a camra in a car................

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIjO0sKBDDw"]Camera capture Boeing 747 crash in Bagram - Bagram 747 crash - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah, I hope those GPS marker bouyees dont transmit the same kind of pinging frequency.

I also had a horrible thought that if there was any kind of sabotage attempt to purposely disrupt the search efforts, then any ship or plane could have thrown out a bunch of devices to make that pinging sound to throw off the investigators. If anything like that was done, they will surely find the devices and be able to analyze them to determine who threw them out.

As a variant of this, would it be possible to manually detach the black boxes and any other satellite communication devices from the plane, in order to subsequently throw them into the sea from a light aircraft? How long would it take to do so?

One Australia is still saying chinese is most likely and two, i think the hqandheld pinger locator pics were a pr thing and exactly why China did not go to Australia first, they didnt want them to know they had a towable piece of equipment but once the growls were over an agreement was made to say it was a hand held device to keep the chinese hardware secret

As a variant of this, would it be possible to manually detach the black boxes and any other satellite communication devices from the plane, in order to subsequently throw them into the sea from a light aircraft? How long would it take to do so?

Glad that someone else shares my ''skepticism'' -- :scared:

it appears so.....there are two distinct units
(i.e. Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR) and the Digital Flight Data Recorder (DFDR)
and they are ''removable''

http://www.answers.com/mt/black-box

“Today I can report some very encouraging information which has unfolded over the last 24 hours. The towed pinger locator deployed from the Australian defence vessel Ocean Shield has detected signals consistent with those emitted by aircraft black boxes.

<modsnip>

“There are many steps yet before these detections can be positively verified as being from missing Flight MH370.

Read more: MH370 Tragedy: Angus Houston's statement - Latest - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-c...us-houston-s-statement-1.554185#ixzz2yCNQp4Ai

As of Monday morning, the high-tech pinger locator, supplied by the U.S. Navy, hadn't redetected the pings, officials said.

"Probably for the next 24 hours, Ocean Shield will continue its runs back and forth over the area," Houston said. If the sound is picked up along three different lines that cross at the same point, "that's a pretty positive indication of where the signal's coming from," Marks said.

But it's a slow and painstaking business. By the end of its runs Tuesday, Ocean Shield expects to have thoroughly covered only a 3-mile-by-3-mile box, according to Leavy.

<modsnip>

Read more: http://www.kcra.com/national/Flight-370-Next-steps-in-the-underwater-hunt/25354398#ixzz2yCQr7VXu

Same applies to the updated version - nothing major!

BALDWIN: I wanted - yes, "all right, good night."

FUNK: Nice to talk to you.

BALDWIN: It is?

FUNK: Exactly, "all right, good night." We're going to talk to the next controller or catch you next time, have a good day. I mean if you listen on the scanners around any major United States airport, you'll hear a lot of the same types of responses. That is a very common phrase heard in -

BALDWIN: Not alarming.

FUNK: In the Southeast Asian area. Not alarming at all to me.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1403/12/cnr.05.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member