Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
its reminding me of the Madeleine Mcann case.

Yes possibly - but the big difference is Nora is 15 and even with learning disabilities may have wandered off voluntarily. There is more scope for that in this case as older children are more prone to running off.

On the other hand I wonder about the sighting of her, is it true or was someone trying to divert and trying to indicate she was seen alive when she wasn't?

Yes possibly - but the big difference is Nora is 15 and even with learning disabilities may have wandered off voluntarily. There is more scope for that in this case as older children are more prone to running off.

On the other hand I wonder about the sighting of her, is it true or was someone trying to divert and trying to indicate she was seen alive when she wasn't?
The family were all together in the same house, I don't think there are any similarities what so ever!

The family of a girl who disappeared on holiday in a Malaysian jungle resort believe police are missing vital clues by ignoring fears she was abducted.

Relatives lashed out after it emerged that sniffer dogs lost the scent for Nora Quoirin just 100 yards from the eco-lodge bungalow where she vanished on Sunday morning.

Authorities in Malaysia are adamant the British 15-year-old, who has learning difficulties, knowingly ventured out of the rented property that borders thick jungle and got lost.

More at Police dogs lose trail of missing Nora Quoirin, 15, just yards from jungle eco-resort in Malaysia | Daily Mail Online

It just seems that the two sides are butting heads here....Nora was kidnapped, no she walked off. I hope important clues haven’t been overlooked as it seems that so much time has lapsed and if she was taken somehow, then Malaysian LE might be way behind. This whole situation is very worrying.

A detailed interview from Connor Bradford on @BBCevex re the complex issues surrounding the disappearance of #NoraQuoirin starts at 47.45

Evening Extra - 06/08/2019 - BBC Sounds

Jim Gamble on Twitter

Thanks for linking that link HayLouise.....very interesting and he is absolutely spot on re the NCA....whilst the Malaysian force will be great in dealing with the local terrain, they will not necessarily have the expertise to deal with all aspects of this situation

They 'shy and reserved' description from the grandfather makes me think of a girl who might be painfully shy with strangers and quite clingy with her parents and 'safe' people who she has longstanding familiarity with. I wonder if that's why the family doubt so strongly that N would have gone wandering around the resort by herself?

My thought is still that if N had never been in an environment quite like that one, then maybe it's harder to predict what her actions might be in the new environment.

But never ever doubt a mother's instinct. Usually they are right.

This reminds me of the young girl (with developmental difficulties) who disappeared from her home in Orlando, Fl. I can't recall her name but it must have been 6 or so years ago.
Anyway, the home bordered on a swamp, forest, and Lake Jessup in Orlando, Fl. Searchers did a grid search but found nothing.
Another searcher guessed where she would be had she kept up a steady walk through the brush. So he attached a rope to himself and started a search in the middle of the forest.
After 3 days or so of searching, he found her alive, sitting on a log in the middle of the forest. She was dehydrated and had a bunch of mosquito bites but other than that, she was ok.
So, I wouldn't be surprised if NQ decided to take a walk and has walked further than anyone could imagine. I hope they are are doing grid searches and calling her name.

The family of a girl who disappeared on holiday in a Malaysian jungle resort believe police are missing vital clues by ignoring fears she was abducted.

Relatives lashed out after it emerged that sniffer dogs lost the scent for Nora Quoirin just 100 yards from the eco-lodge bungalow where she vanished on Sunday morning.

Authorities in Malaysia are adamant the British 15-year-old, who has learning difficulties, knowingly ventured out of the rented property that borders thick jungle and got lost.

More at Police dogs lose trail of missing Nora Quoirin, 15, just yards from jungle eco-resort in Malaysia | Daily Mail Online

From this same link, it appears that the hotel are now saying the window could have been opened from the outside...and also they are saying they do not believe NQ could have opened the window by herself...
Plus, the description of clothing has now changed from underwear to night clothes

From this same link, it appears that the hotel are now saying the window could have been opened from the outside...and also they are saying they do not believe NQ could have opened the window by herself...
Plus, the description of clothing has now changed from underwear to night clothes

But the window, you'd need a ladder to get to, wouldn't you? The 2nd floor photo someone shared looked difficult to open from outside without something to stand on.

But the window, you'd need a ladder to get to, wouldn't you? The 2nd floor photo someone shared looked difficult to open from outside without something to stand on.

The two houses that seem capable of accommodating a family both have a loft bedroom with double and single bed..and a ground floor double bedroom...
I agree, can’t see it being easy to depart via the loft window, so either NQ went down to the ground floor and out of the door,,,,which her parents say is not something she would or could do....or the children must have been in a ground floor bedroom.

This case is boggling my mind. The window is what is bothering me so much. If Nora did just wander off, why the window? I have to imagine if she were wandering off she didn’t realize it was “wrong”. The window is what teenagers sneaking out use.
Then again she could have just seen something that caught her eye? Knowing where she stands developmentally will help so much in getting inside her head. If she is rigorous on her routine as a lot of special needs are, it wouldn’t be surprising if she woke up at 1 am when she’s used to waking at 7 and so on. (EDIT: I realize I did this wrong, they would actually be going ahead of time. When she is used to it being 7 am it would be 1 PM. She should sleep in if anything)

I am also confused by the witness statement from the sibling. If a sibling saw...why didn’t they bring her back or tell the parents? I have to imagine the sibling is young. Of course I don’t think anything malignant of it but it seems strange to me. I am new to this site, please let me know if I’m teetering over the edge of being disrespectful to the family.

It just seems unlikely for her to climb out the window without waking up everyone in the room, and it seems even more impossible for her to be abducted that way?

I really hope she is found soon...Current time there is 6:50 am August 7th.

I think the more likely scenario is that she woke up early and went outside. Maybe looking for her parents, didn't remember the location of the downstairs bedroom? It makes more sense to me than climbing (or being taken) out the window.

Once outside, maybe just in the garden belonging to the house, someone saw her and took advantage. Or she wandered around and got lost which wouldn't surprise me given they'd been there for only one day.

These are my two theories. I hope she is still alive.

I think the more likely scenario is that she woke up early and went outside. Maybe looking for her parents, didn't remember the location of the downstairs bedroom? It makes more sense to me than climbing (or being taken) out the window.

Once outside, maybe just in the garden belonging to the house, someone saw her and took advantage. Or she wandered around and got lost which wouldn't surprise me given they'd been there for only one day.

This makes sense to me. If she was sleeping in the downstairs room, woke up and couldnt find the parents, she wandered outside, then something or someone caught her eye

I think she went outside also. I think she’s lost in that jungle. I hope her family is allowed to search along with the local search parties. There’s a good chance she may be hearing them but not responding due to the language barrier/strangers/etc. I really hope she’s found soon.

Will have to look again for a link, but thought that there was a goldfish pond near/at the resort, easy to take a closer look at the pretty, golden fish and fall in, imo, speculation.

I read many guest reviews that raved about how the place is so close to "The Beach".
200 meters was mentioned, that's 656 feet, or 1\12th of a mile, very close.

Another review said that they felt the nearby road looked unsafe, as it had no footpath.

And, finally, I am worried if she did wander into the woods, that given her shyness and disability, she may be too frightened to call out or show herself to the searchers, for fear of strangers, or even that she knew she did something wrong by wandering away and might get into trouble? Like a child might feel?

In any case, I hope they find her soon.
Time is running out for a good outcome, sadly.

This reminds me of the young girl (with developmental difficulties) who disappeared from her home in Orlando, Fl. I can't recall her name but it must have been 6 or so years ago.
Anyway, the home bordered on a swamp, forest, and Lake Jessup in Orlando, Fl. Searchers did a grid search but found nothing.
Another searcher guessed where she would be had she kept up a steady walk through the brush. So he attached a rope to himself and started a search in the middle of the forest.
After 3 days or so of searching, he found her alive, sitting on a log in the middle of the forest. She was dehydrated and had a bunch of mosquito bites but other than that, she was ok.
So, I wouldn't be surprised if NQ decided to take a walk and has walked further than anyone could imagine. I hope they are are doing grid searches and calling her name.
Hopeful story!
Missing Florida Girl, 11, Found Alive After 4 Days in the Woods
"It took nearly two hours for rescuers to carry Bloom out of the thick brush and swamp.

"If I never believed in miracles, I sure do now," Brunelle said during an afternoon news conference.

Police said the girl may have been inspired by a book about an adventurous girl who decides to go camping in her backyard. Bloom's sister said she possibly entered the dense woods hoping to make a nature video."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mebleswiata