Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BERNAMA‏Verified account @bernamadotcom

The Malaysian Fire and Rescue Department (JBPM) is optimistic that Irish teenager Nora Anne Quoirin, 15, who has gone missing from a resort here since Sunday, is still alive. http://www.frontdesk.com.my/index.php/2019/08/07/fire-dept-optimistic-available-water-sources-can-keep-nora-anne-alive/ … #NoraQuoirin

EBW4_9eUcAAsDwH.jpg

BERNAMA on Twitter

7 August 2019:

Fingerprints are found at jungle cottage where Nora Quoirin disappeared: Malaysian police admit possibility of criminal element for first time in disappearance of British girl, 15, as 200 people, including local tribes, search for her

Malaysian police have admitted for the first time that there is a possibility missing British teenager Nora Quoirin was kidnapped, after previously saying there was no evidence of an abduction.

They confirmed today that they had discovered fingerprints at the jungle cottage where Nora, 15, was reported missing on Sunday and are not 'ruling out a criminal element'.

[...]

Negeri Sembilan deputy police chief Che Zakaria Othman said that a forensic team was analyzing the fingerprints but declined to give any more details.

Fingerprints are found at jungle cottage in Malaysia where Nora Quoirin disappeared | Daily Mail Online

7 August 2019:

Former Northern Ireland police officer among those advising family of missing teenager, Nora Quoirin

Jim Gamble, who is the former chief executive of the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre, a police unit affiliated to the Serious Organised Crime Agency, was contacted for advice by a member of Nora's family.

Mr Gamble described the Quoirin family as feeling "devastated" and "anxious beyond belief" as searches for the 15-year-old continue.

The former police officer, who carried outside the scoping review into the disappearance of Madeline McCann, said there are three possibilities as to what has happened Nora including her walking off and getting lost, being harmed by someone or falling victim to an opportunistic abduction.

"Children go missing all the time and they generally and thankfully return home but that's kids going missing in proximity of their homes," said Mr Gamble, who is now the chief executive of the Ineqe Safeguarding Group.

Former Northern Ireland police officer among those advising family of missing teenager, Nora Quoirin

I hate to say it but there are more than 3 possibilities in this case. Just as in the McCann case, Mr Gamble seems to want to ignore the possibility of some sort of parental or family involvement.
I'm not saying there is any evidence of this at the moment that we know of but it is a possibility.

7 August 2019:

Fingerprints are found at jungle cottage where Nora Quoirin disappeared: Malaysian police admit possibility of criminal element for first time in disappearance of British girl, 15, as 200 people, including local tribes, search for her

Malaysian police have admitted for the first time that there is a possibility missing British teenager Nora Quoirin was kidnapped, after previously saying there was no evidence of an abduction.

They confirmed today that they had discovered fingerprints at the jungle cottage where Nora, 15, was reported missing on Sunday and are not 'ruling out a criminal element'.

[...]

Negeri Sembilan deputy police chief Che Zakaria Othman said that a forensic team was analyzing the fingerprints but declined to give any more details.

Fingerprints are found at jungle cottage in Malaysia where Nora Quoirin disappeared | Daily Mail Online

Well if this is a holiday cottage aren't there bound to be loads of fingerprints from previous occupants?

I hate to say it but there are more than 3 possibilities in this case. Just as in the McCann case, Mr Gamble seems to want to ignore the possibility of some sort of parental or family involvement.
I'm not saying there is any evidence of this at the moment that we know of but it is a possibility.

My thoughts too.

How old are the sister and brother she was sharing the room with? I can't see how someone would have crept in and grabbed her, without her crying or screaming and not waking the others. This does have similarities to the McCann case in that respect, and certainly immediately citing abduction before any other theory. More likely, in both cases, they wandered out of window of own accord. This girl, although with learning difficulties, may have woken and felt inspired to explore this strange new place.

In his interview last night that @HayLouise linked to, the second possibility of "being harmed by someone", was actually "being harmed by someone close to her".

The ‘crime scene’ was thoroughly trampled,as I said upthread......same as the Madeleine maccann case. Could be anyone’s prints ( presumably off the window area)

Kids are more likely to come to harm through family involvement so why is this issue being skirted around? ( on second thoughts, it probably isn’t and family will likely be being carefully monitored)

Why did she make no noise if abducted? Is the window big enough?

All these “police insist that she was not abducted” statements in the press are just the press dramatising things, I feel. It’s more a case of “there is no evidence...”. That’s fair enough, isn’t it? I’m sure they have been investigating all avenues, but are commenting on a dynamic situation. So, until there is evidence, there isn’t evidence.

Personally, I feel that most probable is wandered off and least probable is abducted from bedroom.

1 hour ago:

Investigators looking at fingerprints from missing Irish teen’s 'window exit'

Nora_Anne_Quoirin_sar_0708_(2).jpg

SEREMBAN, Aug 7 — Police today confirmed that several sets of fingerprints were found on a window panel at The Dusun resort here, from which missing Irish teenager with specials needs, Nora Anne Quoirin, 15, was believed to have exited.

Negri Sembilan deputy police chief SAC Che Zakaria Othman said police have received the lab results of the fingerprint samples, but investigations are still ongoing to ascertain the identity of the individual they belongs to.

“We got a few successful fingerprint sample results from the lab and we are currently doing a comparison to establish who it belonged to.

“We are checking whether it could belong to a criminal or an outsider. Bukit Aman forensics was roped in to assist us,” he said at a press conference this evening held at the Pantai police station, here.

When asked if the police have recorded statements from Nora Anne’s siblings, Zakaria refused to say more, with a source telling Malay Mail that the parents’ lawyer have restricted the police from questioning Nora Anne’s siblings further.

Investigators looking at fingerprints from missing Irish teen’s 'window exit' | Malay Mail

Sylvain Quoirin said by phone from Venisy, in north-central France where he is the mayor: 'Nora disappeared in extremely mysterious conditions since she was sleeping in the room with her sister and brother.

'In the morning, the window was open and she had disappeared, whereas after an 18-hour flight and a seven-hour time difference you would sleep soundly and not go for a stroll at night.

'Everyone went to bed tired, and in the morning Nora wasn't there.'

BUT then this:-

He also clarified that it was the window in the living hall downstairs that was left open, and not the one in the bedroom upstairs where the girl was.

Her siblings were sleeping in another room upstairs.

He declined to say if the window could be open from the inside, saying the investigation was ongoing.

So which is correct? Where did Nora sleep and which window did her sibling see open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member