Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How old are her siblings?
Has anything (information) been released about what they may or may not have heard and or seen?

Regarding the mother being very careful to thank the Malaysian police for their assistance and their appeal to the UK/French governments. Reminds me that the McCanns were quick to ask for assistance and suggest the Portuguese weren't doing their jobs, and look how that turned out. I think they are right to be cautious, they are in a country with a very different culture to their own and offending them could harm the level of assistance they are willing to give.

The Portuguese Police could have done their jobs if the parents didn't sabotage the investigation from the first second. I hope Nóra's parents are working with the local LE, answering questions and all of that. There's no reason to not be cooperative if there's nothing to hide, they just want their girl back.

Perhaps Nora cane down the spiral staircase (slowly and carefully without much noise) to cuddle with her mom since she had been gone to Sydney prior to their trip.

Parents door was closed so she got distracted/confused? But why not the door instead of the window?

Just a few more questions and forgive me if they have already been addressed.

Who was the last person to see her?

Who was the last person to speak to her and what was said?

When they arrived did they eat in or out or not?

They say they went to bed at ten oclock.

Did they all fall asleep at the same time? (Unlikely in my opinion)

Did her parents do checks on her and the other children before they went to
sleep?

Was it the norm to do checks on the children? More so, Nora.

If so, what time was that?
What time approx did her parents go to sleep?

What time did her siblings go to sleep?
Who raised the alarm that she was missing?

Did they all wake up at the same time?

How long did it take for the authorities to arrive?

These are just a few questions that come to mind. Again, i apologize if they have all been answered.

Does anyone think that it is possible that there could have been some kind of tragic accident that occurred and panic led to some kind of cover-up taking place?
i sincerely hope not obviously. i don't think we can rule any scenario out at this stage. such little information has been released as many other posters have stated. i cannot understand this - no detailed definite timeline. so many muddled contradicting snippets of info. bizarre.

Just a few more questions and forgive me if they have already been addressed.

Who was the last person to see her?

Who was the last person to speak to her and what was said?

When they arrived did they eat in or out or not?

They say they went to bed at ten oclock.

Did they all fall asleep at the same time? (Unlikely in my opinion)

Did her parents do checks on her and the other children before they went to
sleep?

Was it the norm to do checks on the children? More so, Nora.

If so, what time was that?
What time approx did her parents go to sleep?

What time did her siblings go to sleep?
Who raised the alarm that she was missing?

Did they all wake up at the same time?

How long did it take for the authorities to arrive?

These are just a few questions that come to mind. Again, i apologize if they have all been answered.

The only Q we have an answer for is that it was apparently SQ who reported her missing
There was msm comment from another person staying at the resort saying that it took 3 hours for the police to arrive. This has not been officially confirmed.

All your other Qs are ones that we would all like to have answered

Sometimes more information is less. A few confusing articles are mixing things up...

1. The Dutch tourist article doesn’t sound valid as it contradicts every fact we know about arrival time and so forth. Essentially all he has added is that he heard water splashing.

2. No trace or footprints have been discovered.

3. The kids are upstairs in one room, parents down stairs in the other. It’s open plan and is accessible.

4. This is not close to anywhere. There are very little locks and barriers as nature does that for you. It’s not that weird and part of the appeal

5. The rainforest is dense and confusing. Professional trekkers go missing and are never found. It’s not that unusual and the locals even refer to this by describing it as mystical.
The Dutch tourist did not mention any splashing. She mentioned a rustling sound that did not fit the environment. The sound occurred after the family had gone to bed i.e. after 10pm and when it was pitch dark.

rbbm.
Nóra Quoirin search: ‘We do not know how long she can survive’
"The search-and-rescue teams are now scouring a narrowed-down area close to the Dusun resort from which Nóra went missing last weekend. They are rechecking places already examined. Heavy rain has made conditions particularly difficult for those searching in the rainforest.

Nóra’s father, Sebastien, raised the alarm last Sunday morning when he discovered that Nóra was not in the bedroom she was sharing with her younger siblings. The family had only checked in to the resort the previous day, intending to stay for a two-week holiday."
"Mr Mohamad on Saturday said the search area has been reduced from a 6km to 4km radius.
More personnel have been drafted in, including members of the elite 69 Commando unit of the Royal Malaysian Police.
image.jpg
Malaysia Civil Defence Force officers participate in a search and rescue operation for 15-year-old Nóra Quoirin in Seremban, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia, August 11th 2019. Photograph: Fazry Izmail/EPA

"On Sunday, he said that in the 10 years since it was established, there had never been a missing person case at the Dusun resort."
Nóra likes to walk with her family, but her balance is limited and she struggles with co-ordination. She has been to Asia, and many European countries before, and has never wandered off or got lost,” her family said."

The only Q we have an answer for is that it was apparently SQ who reported her missing
There was msm comment from another person staying at the resort saying that it took 3 hours for the police to arrive. This has not been officially confirmed.

All your other Qs are ones that we would all like to have answered

Thank you

How were the authorities contacted?

Some questions & answers that we know so far that I've typed out, apologies for any errors, have sourced everything I could think of. Taking a break before i try to tackle more if I feel up to it.

Who is Nora?

Nora Anne Quoirin is 15-years-old, 5ft 1” tall, of slight build, with shoulder length wavy dark blonde hair and blue eyes. She is of Irish-French descent and was travelling on an Irish passport. Nora was born with holoprosencephaly and has limited balance and co-ordination. She enjoys walks with her family though has difficulty doing so. She is not independent in that she cannot manage buttons and struggles to wash her hair. At her school was she is in the process of learning to ride a bicycle (Lucie Blackman Trust, 9 Aug 2019).

What is The Dusun?

The Dusun is described as being a small nature resort with several houses located throughout their land (The Dusun). Nora and her family were residing at Sora House (Malay Mail, 10 Aug 2019). Sora House contains 1 bedroom with a double bed, 1 loft with a double and a single bed and 2 toilets.

What happened prior to her disappearance?

Nora was on holiday with her family at The Dusun resort in Malaysia, 39 miles south of Kuala Lumpur. The family travelled to Kuala Lumpur airport on 3rd August 2019. Nora, Sister (aged 12) and Brother (aged 8) travelled from Singapore with their father Sebastian meanwhile Meabh travelled in from Sydney (The Mirror, 9 Aug 2019). They arrived within 30 minutes of each other. It is unknown what time they arrived and/or not been reported in media. They took a taxi from the airport to the resort (The Times, 10 Aug 2019). According to a Dutch tourist, C, the family arrived later in the evening. They played outside for a while before retiring to bed early, at 10pm. C. also reports hearing rustling noises on the evening of Nora’s disappearance at the pool close to Sora House (AD Netherlands News, 9 Aug 2019).The family report going to bed on the Saturday night just two hours after checking in (The Mirror, 7 Aug 2019). Childrens age source: (The Daily Mail, 9 Aug 2019)

Who slept where on the night of 3 August 2019?

There has been confusion with regards to the sleeping arrangements at Sora House. The Mirror, 7 Aug 2019 reports that Nora stayed in the upstairs [loft] bedroom next to her sister and brother. The parents, then, would have slept in the downstairs bedroom. Confusion seems to have arrested after communications from deputy police chief Che Zakaria Othman reporting that it was the window in the living hall downstairs that was left open, and not the one in the bedroom upstairs where the girl was. It was then stated her siblings were sleeping in ‘another room’ upstairs (The Sun, 7 Aug 2019).

I would have thought rustling sounds would be common place in that environment.

Yes, here’s the translated quote from the Dutch article (bolded by me):
“But, C. also says, on the evening of the disappearance she and her companion also heard suspicious noises. ,, We heard rustling at the pool where their house was upstairs. But yes, we are in the jungle and could not see for ourselves. Moreover, everything makes a rather scary sound, so it could have been anything."”

The original:
Maar, zegt C. ook, op de avond van de verdwijning hoorden zij en haar reisgenoot ook verdachte geluiden. ,,We hoorden geritsel bij het zwembad waar hun huisje boven stond. Maar ja, we zijn in de jungle en konden geen hand voor ogen zien. Bovendien maakt alles hier een nogal eng geluid, dus het kan van alles zijn geweest.’’

Privacy settings

Perhaps Nora cane down the spiral staircase (slowly and carefully without much noise) to cuddle with her mom since she had been gone to Sydney prior to their trip.

Parents door was closed so she got distracted/confused? But why not the door instead of the window?
This has been discussed. The window looks like a door and is opposite the staircase.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members