Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The villa has a mezzanine floor upstairs where she slept with her siblings. The parents slept downstairs - in fact, just next to the spiral staircase, is the door to their bedroom. The window is also downstairs. I am amazed that no one heard anything !

Were they all on medication (for jetlag) or something?

Thanks for this info. I didn’t realize the window was downstairs. It really doesn’t make sense how none of them heard anything. Even if she left on her own, why wouldn’t she go out the door? Why would they assume the window? If she has so many mobility issues, I’m surprised she could get down the stairs without falling or making tons of noise. I do admit the window issue is giving me pause. It’s very strange.

Can't get past the bare feet in a jungle. I can see walking as far as 20 yds, max, maybe. No way over a mile. Something very wrong.
That's what doesn't make sense to me. I don't think she could have made it that far on her own.
I can imagine her falling into the river if there was access to it near the resort, but I think it flows the other way so I don't know how she ended up on the other side of the waterfall. Imo

Twitter

A postmortem to determine Nora Quoirin’s cause of death was scheduled for 10am this morning. Police are due to update media at 5pm. Criminal investigators have been at the area where her body was found and the results will inform what they do next

I anticipate not finding out much today. I think the update will be that they did the autopsy and now are waiting for toxicology and whatever tests to come back before they can say what happened.

Certainly not my special needs kid - jungle, hills, etc etc I wouldn’t call it a holiday for myself...
I'm sorry if I misunderstood. It's very late, I'm kinda tired and...sad.

These parents seem like such lovely people. So many cases here, even when the parents are beyond reproach, posters often come out of the woodwork with recriminations. "I would never parent like that!" and the like.

I have become a bit jaded perhaps...
Please accept my apologies.

You could certainly see most Asian men attaining high sexual interest in white women throughout large parts of Asia becouse I'd imagine its not often they would see one.

If abduction is confirmed in the subsequent autopsy, it further underlines the danger women continue to face worldwide from predatory men.

Women must remain vigilant at all times, lookout for each other and never let your guards down. Especially on vacation!.

It's exotic, and as I said in Thread #1, could be so to a pervert.

But not every Asian male is attracted to non-Asian.

And to be fair, some non-Asian men like Asian women too.

This is not meant to be derogatory, but just a general statement on how SOME men (of any culture, any country) could view us.

Nobody should mis-assume that All Asians think whites are a prize to Asians. & not in every Asian country. Not in mine. But yes, certainly some opportunistic people (i hate to say it) will target foreign women.

Source: Asian female.

Last edited:
Thanks for this info. I didn’t realize the window was downstairs. It really doesn’t make sense how none of them heard anything. Even if she left on her own, why wouldn’t she go out the door? Why would they assume the window? If she has so many mobility issues, I’m surprised she could get down the stairs without falling or making tons of noise. I do admit the window issue is giving me pause. It’s very strange.

Because Malaysia forest at night are very noisy. Especially when you stay in the middle of thick-forest.

The window was found propped open.
Her mom said that she would not have been able to open the window, or unlock it, climb out of it, or something to that effect.
I don't think we ever got the details on how the window locks or whether it has a latch or handle or what was used to prop it open, so it's hard to say.
Police said they found fingerprints on or around the window, and were going to examine them to see if they belonged to the family or an outsider. Imo

It's exotic, and as I said in Thread #1, could be so to a pervert.

But not every Asian male is attracted to non-Asian.

And to be fair, some non-Asian men like Asian women too. This is not meant to be derogatory, but just a general statement on how SOME men (of any culture, any culture) could view us.

Source: Asian female.
Articles can be written based on cliché.

That’s an easy one: the parents appear to be wealthy.

It’s unfortunate because I doubt the autopsy is going to provide any solid answers because she has likely decomposed quite a lot, and in intense heat and humidity.

I think this is really a case of the most simple explanation being correct: she wandered out of the house, got lost, and perished in the jungle. I fully believe her parents when they say it would be completely out of character for her to wander, but they were in a new place after a long day of traveling, and I think she simply did something they never expected she would do and it had a tragic ending.

Her family and loved ones must all be in such a state of shock and disbelief.

Yeah, I tend to agree with your scenario. Just got disoriented and wandered away. I wonder how close to the waterfall she was. It’s been questioned how she knew how to get there, but I highly doubt she was AT the waterfall.

This is so so sad.

I always ignore when families say that it is out of character for the person to leave on their own. For every person that runs away or leaves or gets lost because they wandered away, there was a first time. Even people who run off regularly had a period in their lives where it was out of character until that first time.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood. It's very late, I'm kinda tired and...sad.

These parents seem like such lovely people. So many cases here, even when the parents are beyond reproach, posters often come out of the woodwork with recriminations. "I would never parent like that!" and the like.

I have become a bit jaded perhaps...
Please accept my apologies.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think everyone could parent in different ways as long as they are happy and the kids are happy, healthy and SAFE.

I'm really interested in the local communities - I studied Social Anthropology at University, and I'd like to know more about their customs and attitudes towards "strangers". Presumably they were used to tourists at the Dunsun nearby, but how many "foreigners" visited? Could someone have tried to help Nora and is now scared to come forward because they don't trust the police?

Barefoot? If Nora left in a panic or drawn to something, would she have noticed being barefoot initially? If the ground was muddy this could feel really nice under foot, but in this case surely footprints would've been found, either of Nora, or her "abductor"?

I wish we knew more about Nora's level of communication.

I think they will give some information as they did when her body was found. If there was evidence of head injury or drowning for example, we may hear that. Of course I wouldn’t expect a final determination until toxicology is back.

I respect your comments and feelings.

I might feel differently if the resort had gone for the police. The resort has not even made a statement, that I have seen, since the body was found. If I had not read every review on TA and social media. If I had not researched missing person and the problems with organ harvesting for profit. Yes, google I didn’t post the link it’s so horrible. If the police had publicly considered she was abducted. If the police had an Interpreter and answered questions. There knew the world was watching. Every press conference ended very quickly. But the real kicker is when they issued a written press release about speculation and rumors and how you can be put in jail.

The police did not find her a volunteer hiker group did. Amazing

Yes it is depressing I agree. I am so sad for this family.

These are MOO. And I truthly mean no disrespect you, especially if this is your homeland.

Organ Harvesting? Is this not speculation?

I have to agree with other posters here. Whenever there is a disappearance in a foreign country (non-western), people are quick to blame it on the culture. I believe it gives something external for people to focus on, an identifiable scapegoat when it may just be a tragic accident.

The hiking group was reported as 'joining police' by the Guardian newspaper. Volunteers being co-ordinated by police is pretty standard in many countries. How did the volunteers know to look at the waterfall, presumably the police told them after the family said Nora wanted to go there. The police seemed to have remained open on what happened, I don't see how anyone can blame them for that, they're going with the evidence so far.

I'm really interested in the local communities - I studied Social Anthropology at University, and I'd like to know more about their customs and attitudes towards "strangers". Presumably they were used to tourists at the Dunsun nearby, but how many "foreigners" visited? Could someone have tried to help Nora and is now scared to come forward because they don't trust the police?

Barefoot? If Nora left in a panic or drawn to something, would she have noticed being barefoot initially? If the ground was muddy this could feel really nice under foot, but in this case surely footprints would've been found, either of Nora, or her "abductor"?

I wish we knew more about Nora's level of communication.
The Malays are gentle and respectful people. While they are religious Muslims (perhaps in that area), they are not narrow minded or conservative to the extent that they would find foreigners or tourists in a negative way. Most Malays and aboriginal people of that area are soft spoken and quite dosile around foreigners. Of course this is a generalisation, evil/perverts - like those of the likes every where in the world may be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member