PA PA - Airville, WhtMale 30-60, UP11443, pelvis in wooded area, dismembered, Jul'13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
Sept 18 2020
Unsolved mysteries in Pennsylvania: John Doe in Lower Windsor Township
''The hikers were walking in dense woods about a half mile south of Route 372 in Lower Chanceford Township, not far from the Susquehanna River, on July 14, 2013, when they came across something that looked odd.''

''The case of the partial human remains found in Lower Chanceford Township is considered what’s called an “equivocal death.”

“It’s not exactly a homicide. But yet, it’s not a natural death, either,” he said. “So we’re kind of in the middle, in limbo, not knowing.”

''The University of North Texas Center for Human Identification, he said, determined through DNA that the bones belonged to a man and uploaded the profile into the Combined DNA Index System, or CODIS.

The man was between the ages of 30 to 60 — but that’s give or take 10 years, Roberts said''

''Law enforcement, he said, has been in contact with Parabon NanoLabs, a DNA technology company based in Reston, Virginia, which has developed a process called the Snapshot Forensic DNA Phenotyping System.

The technology uses DNA to predict a person’s appearance and develop sort of a composite sketch. The DNA obtained from the bones is degraded, so police are waiting to hear if that can be done in this case.''

Here's the NamUs page for this UID: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

#UP11443
Date Body Found July 14, 2013
ME/C Case Number H7-2222991

Sex Male
Race/Ethnicity White/Caucasian
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 50
Estimated Age Range 30-60
Estimated Year of Death 2013
Height Cannot Estimate
Weight Cannot Estimate

Inventory of Remains
Head not recovered
Torso not recovered
One or more limbs not recovered
One or both hands not recovered
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction

Hair Color Unknown
Eye Color Unknown

Location Airville, Pennsylvania
County York County

Circumstances of Recovery human pelvis recovered in wooded area

Interesting I wonder who it could be. Here are three possible suggestions

David Edward Carter - MP1723
Original

Went missing from Whiteford Maryland on December 14, 2004.
He was from nearby, 36 years old at the time of his disappearance and foul play is suspected in his case.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

James Floyd Gibson - MP35581
Original

Went Missing from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania on Feburary 4, 1998
It seems plausible. Harrisburg isn't too far from Airville.

Greg Moyer - MP43040
Went missing from Feasterville, Pennsylvania on May 12, 2004
Not much information in this case. I consider him because I followed state route 372 and eventually I got to him. It may be a longshot but it can't hurt to speculate.

David Carter definitely seems like the best option by far.

Interesting I wonder who it could be. Here are three possible suggestions

David Edward Carter - MP1723

Went missing from Whiteford Maryland on December 14, 2004.
He was from nearby, 36 years old at the time of his disappearance and foul play is suspected in his case.

James Floyd Gibson - MP35581

Went Missing from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania on Feburary 4, 1998
It seems plausible. Harrisburg isn't too far from Airville.

Greg Moyer - MP43040
Went missing from Feasterville, Pennsylvania on May 12, 2004
Not much information in this case. I consider him because I followed state route 372 and eventually I got to him. It may be a longshot but it can't hurt to speculate.

David Carter definitely seems like the best option by far.

NamUs states probable year of death as 2013.

Floyd Gibson is a black male, UID is caucasian.

Last edited:
State police called Dr. Dennis Dirkmaat, a forensic anthropologist from Mercyhurst University, who was able to determine it was a human pelvis and several vertebrae. It belonged to a man and hadn’t been there for long.

“One week to about three months,” Dirkmaat said. “But that’s a rough guide.”

Dirkmaat also made another important and disturbing finding. It’s something that state police have kept from the public until recently; the remains were part of a body that had clearly been cut into pieces.
Dismembered remains found in 2013 still not identified

2018 rbbm.
''Colarusso said the case immediately became a homicide investigation. He sifted through more than 200 missing person cases in Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Delaware and has no narrowed that search to 20. But of those 20, none has DNA on file.

In terms of what police know about the man; he was determined to be a European white male, at least 30 years of age, but probably over 40.

“That’s all we know,” Colarusso said.

What’s even more puzzling, no other remains were ever found. Dirkmaat believes the pelvis was thrown from River Road over an embankment.

''State police are working with other agencies, hoping to collect DNA from the family members of those 20 missing men who have not yet been ruled out.

Anyone with information about these unidentified remains is asked to call state police in York at 717-428-1011''.

Please, scroll to the end "John Doe".
From the link:

John Doe, West Manchester Township, 2013

A tree-cutting crew found a skull in 2013 near Loucks and Haviland roads.

That is UP # 12047

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back