Missing Person Case
Margarita MacNeill – The Charley Project
  • Missing Since02/07/1976
  • Missing FromSalinas, California
  • ClassificationMissing
  • Date of Birth11/02/1948 (70)
  • Age27 years old
  • Height and Weight5'2, 125 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsHispanic female. Light brown hair, brown eyes. Some agencies spell MacNeil's last name "MacNeill."
Details of Disappearance
MacNeill was last seen dropping her children off at their godparent's home in Salinas, California on February 7, 1976. She was driving a yellow 1974 Toyota Celica with the California license plate number 915GKD at the time. She has never been heard from again and her vehicle was never recovered; a photo of it is posted with this case summary.

MacNeill was divorced with young children at the time of her disappearance. Her ex-husband was considered a possible suspect in her case, but he was eventually cleared.

Pablo Duarte, a migrant farm worker she associated with, is considered a person of interest in her disappearance. Photos of Duarte are unavailable, but he had at least three gold teeth and multiple tattoos. His last known address was in San Luis Rio Colorado, a town just over the Mexican border from Arizona.

MacNeill's case remains unsolved.

Original

Margarita MacNeill – The Charley Project
Margarita MacNeill

• margarita_macneill_2.jpg
  • margarita_macneill_3.jpg
  • margarita_macneill_4.jpg
  • margarita_macneill_5.jpg
  • margarita_macneill_8.jpg
MacNeill, circa 1976; 1974 Toyota Celica

• Missing Since 02/07/1976
  • Missing From Salinas, California
  • Classification Missing
  • Date of Birth 11/02/1948 (70)
  • Age 27 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2, 125 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic female. Light brown hair, brown eyes. Some agencies spell MacNeil's last name "MacNeill."

Could this possibly be “Castleberry Kate”?? Seems like a stretch but I’m not ruling much out given the amount of time she’s gone unidentified/unfound. “Kate” was found in Arizona in 1989 but the PMI was listed as “2-10 years”, so she had been there for quite sometime.

The migrant worker who was a person of interest in Margarita’s disappearance was from a town just across the US border (Arizona) in Mexico. Google maps shows it to be almost a direct bath from where Margarita went missing from to where “Kate” was found and then a direct route from there to the city in Mexico.

Its hard to see the resemblance with most of Margarita’s photos showing her with her face turned, but the bone structure is very similar in my opinion. I think it may be worth a look.... unless she has been excluded. I can’t access that information right now :oops:

8554D4B1-D97B-4AF1-832F-929F55818C17.jpeg E11EB1E8-1406-421A-8C6F-1FF7BE79716C.jpeg CA8A616C-BD62-4F64-A1BF-B0098451B1E5.jpeg 462FDD8D-197A-4C16-B020-E2BD0187B015.jpeg 338D4EDA-1FF6-4623-8150-D51905E0309D.jpeg
1329UFAZ

Has anyone found anymore information? She’s my biological grandmother that I never got to meet. Would love to hear about anyone else’s findings?
Just from my general experience reading about cases, when a vehicle disappears and is never recovered it is usually parted out or in a body of water.

1692867323732.jpg
According to the article, Margarita didn't drop her children at their godparent's home, but at a babysitter's home who informed her family after a day of waiting. I wonder if the babysitter knew where Margarita was going, if it was a date or if she went to work, and where.

Last edited:
View attachment 442671
According to the article, Margarita didn't drop her children at their godparent's home, but at a babysitter's home who informed her family after a day of waiting. I wonder if the babysitter knew where Margarita was going, if it was a date or if she went to work, and where.

The article said she was going to Santa Cruz. From what a quick Google search shows, it was quite a destination at the time. The beach, boardwalk and all attractions and beach bandstand.

The article said she was going to Santa Cruz. From what a quick Google search shows, it was quite a destination at the time. The beach, boardwalk and all attractions and beach bandstand.
Thank you. You are right. The article is so blurred that I gave up reading the rest.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Survivor7
Back