Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few thoughts based on what we've seen of the LE report so far.
IF MJD was a prostitute, I believe her tatoo was some kind of "brand."

One place in the report says "subj has irreg hmde drk blu tat left of mid line abv lft brst size qrtr"

I'll assume that means "The subject has an irregular homemade dark blue tattoo left of mid line above the left breast the size of a quarter."

MJD had a street name of Carla or Corey, was picked up by Alonzo without LDJ in the vehicle and then he took off with her to make a buy for weed...most likely MJD pointed him to the person selling.

He stated that she jumped into the car after he left the buy.

I wonder if her prints were run nationally or locally???? We need to follow up on this....

The report only says they were run juvenile and adult with negative results. It didn't say where.

The report must state somewhere who they thought her pimp was.

They questioned the man that the nearby resident had mentioned was probably the pimp, (already in jail for something else), but he said he knew nothing of the girl, and had only been in town few weeks.

I do not believe a word Alonzo said - and I don't believe MJD's pimp either. These guys are thinking only of saving themselves. They would not give a cra* about a 15 year old girl selling herself on the streets in order to survive. I am so grateful for the new info - but I feel we're back to square one - AGAIN!

I guess I knew she was probably a prostitute but this info makes me really sad. That poor girl. I guess she didn't make the best choices, but...she was only fifteen! I wonder if she was a runaway from a foster home. If she wasn't from AZ, there's no telling where she was from. It's too bad that states won't post their missing foster children--but I guess that would make them look bad. (Do any states do that anyway?)

Edited to add: it looks like Michigan and Illinois do, but only back to 2006 for Michigan (haven't checked Illinois yet). Boo.

I guess I knew she was probably a prostitute but this info makes me really sad. That poor girl. I guess she didn't make the best choices, but...she was only fifteen! I wonder if she was a runaway from a foster home. If she wasn't from AZ, there's no telling where she was from. It's too bad that states won't post their missing foster children--but I guess that would make them look bad. (Do any states do that anyway?)

That's one of the MAIN reasons these kids fall thru the cracks. Dammit!!! These are some of the most at risk children in existence and we have no way to find, help or track them. There has to be a clue somewhere - with someone. They need to lean on her pimp - whoever he is. The foster system is so terribly broken. It would seem pretty obvious at this point that MJD does not have any parents searching for her. :mad::mad::mad:

Well, if anyone's willing to form a task force to lean on states to have websites listing missing foster children (ALL foster children who turned up missing, not just the ones that are currently under eighteen), I'd be willing to help. I betcha we'd ID a lot of these poor underage UIDs that way. Then again, maybe I'm just idealistic. :crazy:

Well, if anyone's willing to form a task force to lean on states to have websites listing missing foster children (ALL foster children who turned up missing, not just the ones that are currently under eighteen), I'd be willing to help. I betcha we'd ID a lot of these poor underage UIDs that way.

Count me in!

well at least we know another variation to the story we didnt know before .. and maybe with the new information on what she was wearing, maybe that will stand out to someone..... or even the heart?? since we can kinda describe it now..... Its more than what we knew yesterday :)

Also welcome to all the new faces and the lurkers!!!! hope ya'll jump on in!!!

I think if this case gets enough attention and we get a hold of the right people, then it'll get solved!!!

Did anyone send for the CD of pictures? if not, pm me the info and I will do it....

Yes, but they said the photos would take a bit longer, due to processing the film and printing. So, they'll be here in a bit...

well at least we know another variation to the story we didnt know before .. and maybe with the new information on what she was wearing, maybe that will stand out to someone..... or even the heart?? since we can kinda describe it now..... Its more than what we knew yesterday :)

Also welcome to all the new faces and the lurkers!!!! hope ya'll jump on in!!!

I think if this case gets enough attention and we get a hold of the right people, then it'll get solved!!!

I sincerely welcome all the new folks here - and the more input the better! If we believe what was stated in the LE report, what she was wearing is probably not important. If she was a prostitute, she likely would have been on the streets for a while. Then again, how do we know that's true? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :behindbar

I would kindly ask that before we post any names, ect...or report that a copy is sent to me, so that I and other mods/admin can black out anything not appropriate to post.

Fm can you scan and email so that we can prepare for post and discussion.

And uh.....THANKS, :woohoo:....this is helping us move forward! Thank you thank you thank you FMW...for stepping up and getting us this report.

I would kindly ask that before we post any names, ect...or report that a copy is sent to me, so that I and other mods/admin can black out anything not appropriate to post.

Fm can you scan and email so that we can prepare for post and discussion.

And uh.....THANKS, :woohoo:....this is helping us move forward! Thank you thank you thank you FMW...for stepping up and getting us this report.

Whose names were mentioned that shouldn't have been?

Christine - did you see the PM I sent you?

Whose names were mentioned that shouldn't have been?

It has everyone's name involved, from police & hospital personnel to witnesses to people questioned on the street.
I was thinking the same thing about editing out the names.
This is the report containing notes from all of the police officers & detectives. Although on the request form I did ask for all "publicly available info", I think some of the info it contains shouldn't necessarily be put on the net.

It has everyone's name involved, from police & hospital personnel to witnesses to people questioned on the street.
I was thinking the same thing about editing out the names.
This is the report containing notes from all of the police officers & detectives. Although on the request form I did ask for all "publicly available info", I think some of the info it contains shouldn't necessarily be put on the net.

Well - I will leave that up to you all. I believe if LE allowed you to obtain the report, it is a matter of public record. That's MOO. But again, we just need more info about MJD - the players in her AZ story are lowlife leaches - again IMO. I could not possibly care less about the others involved. They prostituted - or tried to - a 15 year old child. As far as I'm concerned - they can all rot in H*L*! Or jail.

Well - I will leave that up to you all. I believe if LE allowed you to obtain the report, it is a matter of public record. That's MOO. But again, we just need more info about MJD - the players in her AZ story are lowlife leaches - again IMO. I could not possibly care less about the others involved. They prostituted - or tried to - a 15 year old child. As far as I'm concerned - they can all rot in H*L*! Or jail.

It's out of respect we feel that the document should be reviewed before posting.

It's out of respect we feel that the document should be reviewed before posting.

I understand. However, I would like to show some respect to the child we are trying to identify here. Based on what we learned today, she was exploited and had obviously fallen through the cracks. Let's not lose sight of what we're doing here.

Well the police report kinda opens a can of worms with where MJD may have come from. If her "pimp" was from Wisconsin she could be from anywhere. She could have be from where the "pimp" is from or from somewhere along the route that he travel to get to AZ. I did do a quick search of girls missing from WI, MN, IL, and IA and found no one that really fit MJD. The only girl missing that would have been in the age range of MJD was a Sara Anne Bushland.

Here is the link for her: http://www.missingpersons.doj.wi.gov/missingkids/Bushland,%20Sara.pdf

She was the only one that was even close date wise for MJD.

I do have a question about the necklace/ring that she wore around her neck....is there a size listed for the ring? It could be possible that the ring is a baby ring. My daughter has one with her birthstone and I have seen some where the ring will have the child's initials on it, kind of like a little signet ring. So those initials could be hers.

Those were just a couple of things that struck me when I read FMW's posts.

MM ~

My point exactly.

That is not to protect those who were involved with her exploitation or anyone who may take us a step closer to determining where she belongs.

Christine - I ask you once again - did you receive my PM?

Well the police report kinda opens a can of worms with where MJD may have come from. If her "pimp" was from Wisconsin she could be from anywhere. She could have be from where the "pimp" is from or from somewhere along the route that he travel to get to AZ. I did do a quick search of girls missing from WI, MN, IL, and IA and found no one that really fit MJD. The only girl missing that would have been in the age range of MJD was a Sara Anne Bushland.

Here is the link for her: http://www.missingpersons.doj.wi.gov/missingkids/Bushland, Sara.pdf

She was the only one that was even close date wise for MJD.

I do have a question about the necklace/ring that she wore around her neck....is there a size listed for the ring? It could be possible that the ring is a baby ring. My daughter has one with her birthstone and I have seen some where the ring will have the child's initials on it, kind of like a little signet ring. So those initials could be hers.

Those were just a couple of things that struck me when I read FMW's posts.

MM ~

That's a good point about the ring with the initials MM - we definitely need to find out more about it! I originally believed it belonged to a boyfriend or possibly her pimp - but it would be helpful to know how it was sized (child or adult) and if it was worn on a chain or finger.

from ME site: Her dental x-rays are available and her DNA has been entered into the national database. SHE HAS ALREADY BEEN COMPARED TO AND RULED OUT AS BEING THE FOLLOWING MISSING GIRLS: Samantha Wilcoxen, Amanda Gallion, Danielle Hutton, Sara Bushland, Tiffany Chapman, Trinity Lorentz, Stephanie Condon, Jessie Peters, Sandy Schlamann, Christina Richard, Jennifer Collins, Elizabeth Sibthrip, Kimberly Riley, Lindsey Nicholls, Elise Baugh, Jamie Schill, Tera Smith, Deanna Merryfield, Morgan Nick, Melissa Brannen, Leigh Occhi, Brandy Myers, Suzanne Lyall, Kristy Rogers

Looks like Sara was already marked off ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stlemed19