Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean caught!!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Accused Marine Back In Onslow County

Jacksonville, N.C. — A Camp Lejeune Marine charged with killing a pregnant comrade returned to Onslow County on Friday, representatives with the sheriff’s office said.

Cpl. Cesar Laurean was booked around 9 p.m. inti the Onslow County Jail. He was being held without bond.

Laurean arrived back in the U.S. earlier Friday, a year after an international manhunt led to his arrest in Mexico.

~snip~

Onslow County District Attorney Dewey Hudson said he expected Laurean to have his initial court appearance on the murder charge on Monday morning.

Prosecutors have been assembling the case against Laurean in recent months while awaiting his extradition, and Hudson said the trial could begin as early as this fall.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/4975050/

The wheels of justice have turned very slow in this case and this doesn't look all the worse for the wear from his Mexican prison stint. I am delighted that he is back on US soil and we can begin the road to justice for Maria and her baby.

It is just too bad the DP had to be taken off the table since he made it across the border. GRRRRR. :behindbar

I understand completely. Just wanted to give you another outlet of info.

It will be interesting to see how closely the Media follows this case now.

Great news! Finally he's back in the U.S. :clap::clap::clap:

Now it will be interesting if he says anything....

I hope they are all over it!! It shouldn't take long before this thing can go to trial since it has been a year. Of course, his attorney is already playing the "but I didn't get to spend enough time with him in a Mexican prison" and "need a change of venue" cards.

My advice to his attorney is:

Buck up, Buddy!! You have had plenty of time to prepare a defense in this case without him being here. Spend the next few weeks going over his lies and remember to ask him about the BBQ! Don't forget where they found Maria and her baby!! Don't forget where they found her blood! Insanity? Won't work. Try something else. Wife did it? Now...this is where it could get dicey. Did you check into that for the past year?! (If not, you are a foolish attorney and should be removed before you get started, imo.)

Hola, Cesar! Justice has been waiting for you!

I am glad he is back to face justice! What a horrible crime.He is a Marine and he killed a marine shouldn't he be court marshalled and then tried by the state for the death of the baby?

A Marine who fled to Mexico shortly before he was charged with killing a pregnant colleague in North Carolina is scheduled to make his first court appearance at noon Monday.

Watch it LIVE on WRAL.com.

www.wral.com

Praying for justice for Maria and her sweet baby....

Just noticed what time it is, and it should be starting in the next 40 minutes or so....

Aha! I was looking for the live feed and thought it was on now. LOL I can hardly wait! I am looking forward to seeing the on American soil and in court here where he belongs!! Woohoo!! (If it were not so early and I had champagne...)

The one thing that bothers me is seeing his court appointed defense attorney on Geraldo last night and he said he has not seen any of the evidence yet. He said he should be receiving Discovery soon as the SA's office didn't have to give it to him until Cesar returned. This will slow things way down. :( I was so hoping all their ducks were in a row after a year and the trial could start A.S.A.P. (sigh)

I found this interesting ~

"Laurean's wife, Christina Laurean, who just returned from a period of leave from the Marine Corps, which included a trip to Mexico, declined to comment on her husband's return.

"No thank you," she told a Daily News reporter who reached her by phone."

http://www.jdnews.com/news/laurean_...RecommendedOnly=0&oncommentsPage=1#slComments
Yes. The same woman who conveniently gave Cesar enough time to get out of the country. The same woman who should be charged right along beside him, imo.

I hope they followed her every move to know she is "standing by her man" after he murdered his lover and child then burned them in her backyard (imo)! There is certainly something wrong with this picture!

Dont know if anyone else caught it or not, it was super super quick. Next court date May 18th, No bond for murder charges of course, they showed what looked like to be his family, not sure who or what relation but one looked a whole lot like cesar so possibly brother?

Kel

I'm glad he's finally back in the U.S. as well. It's about time he faces the justice! Out of curiosity, where is his wife stationed now? Is she still in N.C.? Or has she been transferred to another base? I still have a strong suspicion that she helped Cesar with the clean up/cover up. How could she immediately not know something horrible happened in that house? Didn't she come home from the Christmas party the very same night it's believed Maria was killed in the Laurean home?

Yes. The same woman who conveniently gave Cesar enough time to get out of the country. The same woman who should be charged right along beside him, imo.

I hope they followed her every move to know she is "standing by her man" after he murdered his lover and child then burned them in her backyard (imo)! There is certainly something wrong with this picture!
I'm very curious to see what he has to say, even if we must wait until the trial. I just can't help thinking she knows a whole lot more than she's admitting. MOO

I'm glad he's finally back in the U.S. as well. It's about time he faces the justice! Out of curiosity, where is his wife stationed now? Is she still in N.C.? Or has she been transferred to another base? I still have a strong suspicion that she helped Cesar with the clean up/cover up. How could she immediately not know something horrible happened in that house? Didn't she come home from the Christmas party the very same night it's believed Maria was killed in the Laurean home?
I do believe she came home that evening, and as I remember, it wasn't that late. I've always found it curious how blood was found inside the house and yet she didn't notice it? How would he have been able to clean up so much, including burying Maria, before she got home? :waitasec: MOO

Laurean denied bond in pregnant Marine's slaying

Updated: Today at 7:05 p.m.
JACKSONVILLE, N.C. — A Camp Lejeune Marine who fled to Mexico shortly before he was charged in the death of a pregnant comrade 16 months ago made his first court appearance Monday.
Cpl. Cesar Laurean was charged with first-degree murder in the December 2007 death of Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach, whose charred remains were found in a shallow grave behind the Jacksonville home Laurean shared with his wife and young daughter.

WATCH VIDEO
Web only: Laurean makes first court apperance

Lauterbach, 20, was seven months pregnant at the time of her death. Authorities haven't determined who fathered her child, but they plan to seek a DNA test to determine if Laurean is the father.
In addition to murder, Laurean faces charges of robbery with a dangerous weapon, financial transaction card theft, attempted financial transaction card fraud and obtaining property by false pretenses. Those charges stem from the theft of Lauterbach's bank card, which was later used to withdraw money.
During a brief court appearance Monday, Laurean told Superior Court Judge Paul Hardison that he understood the charges against him. Hardison denied bond on the murder charge and set a $5,000 bond on the other charges.
None of Laurean's or Lauterbach's relatives attended the hearing.
Laurean fled Jacksonville in January 2008, hours before Lauterbach's body was found. An international manhunt resulted in his arrest a year ago in a small town in western Mexico.
When he fled, he left behind a note in which he claimed Lauterbach had committed suicide and that he had buried her out of fear. An autopsy determined she had been beaten to death, and authorities said they found traces of blood inside Laurean's home. They have not said if it was Lauterbach's blood.
Laurean tried to fight his extradition from Mexico, but his final appeal was denied last week. He was brought back to Onslow County late Friday.
"I'm glad that Cesar Laurean is in our jail and the process of justice is underway," Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown said. "You can run, you can hide, but you cannot get away from the long arm of the law."
The death of Lauterbach and her unborn child, whom the family named Gabriel, has elicited an unprecedented level of anger among area residents, Brown said.
"It appears to me that the murder of Gabriel incites the unbelievable desire for vengeance from the people," he said.
Laurean wore a bullet-proof vest under his orange jail jumpsuit to his court hearing, authorities said.

WATCH VIDEO
Web only: Authorities discuss Laurean case

Defense attorney Dick McNeil said he would likely seek to have the trial moved from Onslow County. He cited Brown's comments about local anger over the case as evidence that extensive publicity surrounding the case would jeopardize Laurean's right to impartial jurors and a fair trial.
"We feel the loss of the Lauterbach family and we sympathize with them, but we have to be concerned about justice," he said.
Onslow County District Attorney Dewey Hudson previously agreed not to seek the death penalty against Laurean to secure his extradition from Mexico. That country has refused to send people who could be executed back to the U.S. He said Monday he was disappointed with that aspect of the case but said it wouldn't affect how he tries the case.
"They get to tell our courts what the proper punishment is for crimes in our country," he said. "I disagree with that."
McNeil said he met with Laurean for the first time Saturday and said the Marine was in good spirits and was glad to be back in Jacksonville and close to his family.
Laurean's wife, Lance Cpl. Christina Laurean, also visited him in the Onslow County Jail, McNeil said.
The Marine Corps will soon file the paperwork to issue a dishonorable discharge to Cesar Laurean for being absent without leave, McNeil said, adding that Laurean has agreed not to contest the move.
McNeil said he was eager to get the criminal case going, saying "there's a whole other side of the story that hasn't been told." Still, he said the case likely wouldn't go to trial until next year.
He said he is handling three other murder cases scheduled for trial in the next five months. Also, prosecutors are expected to hand over about 6,000 pages of evidence in the next few days, and McNeil said he needs time to review the case with Laurean.
Onslow County District Attorney Dewey Hudson has said he would be ready to go to trial in the fall.
Laurean's next court date was set for May 18.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/4985143/

I'm very curious to see what he has to say, even if we must wait until the trial. I just can't help thinking she knows a whole lot more than she's admitting. MOO
After all she has done for him this far...would he turn on her? Of course, she knows more!! She HAS to!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet81bet
Back