Matt Lauer fired by NBC, accused of "inappropriate sexual behavior"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Harvey Weinstein must be the most hated man in show business and the media right now buy these despicable men, they most likely blame him rather than themselves.

I really hope things change for the better that men and women know they cannot sexually harass colleagues or worse anymore without serious consequences.

I can't believe this stuff is still going on. I thought sexual harassment was on it's way out in the 80's. It's worse than ever, though. We're regressing as a society.

And if it were just that industry, it may be ok, but they are out there in any industry that men have power over women. I would bet that there is lots more of this going on in small employee businesses where the woman has to work to feed her children and the male boss has economic power over her. If she makes a fuss, she is seen as a trouble maker and will find it hard to get other employment.

You better believe it.

IF my darling David Muir is ever accused or found guilty of acts like this, I am throwing out my tv after hurling a skillet at the screen.

Yes! And I’ll join you with the frying pan and raise you a rolling pin if Scott Pelley is guilty of anything like this.

I want to play the devil's advocate here for just a sec. Im not saying in any way that women are not harassed, when I was at the law firm this jerk I worked for put 12 pics of himself in various positions completely nude and with an erection.. What was I to do other than down play the fact I was embarrassed. I made nasty comments back to him like I needed a magnifiying glass etc just so I didnt feel so alarmed I guess.

But I wonder if some of these guys have been selected for termination and what better way than to find a woman willing to accuse them of something so their exit will save them a few coins and to hurt future positions regarding those huge million dollar salaries they make? Really im more like asking the question could this be possible?

Ann Curry is never going back to The Today Show. They don't want her, she probably wouldn't want them, and she got a $10+MM payout to leave and there was an exit contract and it would have a non-disparagement clause (this is standard practice), so you're also not going to see her at Today nor will we see her airing her grievances. She and Lauer didn't have good chemistry. It wasn't ageism, as Meredith Viera was older. Cohost chemistry is a vital component of being a morning anchor; morning TV shows shuffle people around based on that alone.

It's all about ratings and advertisers. Lauer was the big fish who ruled that pond after Couric left, but there's a culture that allows and enables this behavior. That culture had not dissipated, but I think it will lessen, hopefully.

This crap has been going on for as long as women have been in the workplace. What's shocking is that in the age of more equality you'd think you'd see less of what used to happen in the 40's - 70's.

I can't believe this stuff is still going on. I thought sexual harassment was on it's way out in the 80's. It's worse than ever, though. We're regressing as a society.

I have to wonder if it has anything to do with the continuing sexualization of children, you know, if boys and girls are not taught how to act around the opposite gender in school, they will not learn how to act around each other in the workplace.

MOO the workplace is not the best place for dating/mating simply because most people do not know how to do it discreetly without other employees knowing. I have worked for companies that prohibit on-the-job romances and even know people who were fired for having on-the-job romances. Sexual harassment does not belong in the workplace. The absolute worst I have seen is at my present job, not only having a so-called "creative director" who spent more time trying to impress women (yep he thought he was God's gift to women) but in the end it was his lack of being a "creative director" that got him fired. I swear Matt Lauer and G.S. were hatched from the same egg.

Then you have the problem of a guy and girl engaging in kindergarten horseplay throwing projectiles like paper airplanes and elastic bands at each other across the room (yes, I have also seen that happen at present job). Then you wonder why so many workplaces suffer from productivity issues.

The bottom line is this: workplaces are there for profit. Employees are supposed to be contributing their skills and ideas to the company.

Horseplay should be reserved for the saloons.

I would like to hear Katie's and Meredith's stories regarding this. I am in shock and that rarely happens in today's world. Matt kept going on like the energizer bunny because he thought he was unstoppable. I will pray for his wife and kids.

There are 2 videos in the People link I posted where Katie tells Andy Cohen on WWHL about Matt pinching her butt and there is also a recorded video of Matt sexually harassing Meredith.

It's not like he didn't know better.

He was an emboldened fox, allowed to run the hen house. The entire division should be held accountable for allowing this jerk free rein.

I have such a soft spot for Ann Curry. She graduated from our local high school, went to U of Oregon, and started her career at a local TV station. She later returned to speak at a high school graduation I attended. She’s the real deal.

I was so sad when she left “Today” and I’d love to know how much Lauer had to do with her losing the cohost position. She said maybe she’d talk about it someday in this very personal 2015 interview.

http://portlandinterviewmagazine.com/interviews/media/ann-curry-journalist/
I didn't know she was a Duck! Where did she grow up? Tell Oregon I miss it!

Sure hope the smug NBC and Lauer get crushed financially over this.

Plus, if the statute of limitations has not expired and a case could be put together, I'd love to see Lauer charged with kidnapping at the least.

This morning I watched Matt Lauer “interviewing” Bill O’Reilly. I can’t help but wonder with the expression on Bill O’Reilly’s face if he’s thinking, “it’s just a matter of time before you get caught”. They all knew/know about each other.

I dated someone a few years ago who has been to the Today show several times in a professional capacity and he confirmed this about Matt Lauer. And also Al Roker.
I wonder how many men in the business are now taking or needing anxiety meds as they hold their breath waiting for their shenanigans to be exposed next.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I wonder how many men in the business are now taking or needing anxiety meds as they hold their breath waiting for their shenanigans to be exposed next.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I want to clarify that my original statement about Matt Lauer and Al Roker was just about them being jerks, not sexual impropriety. I have no idea if Al Roker is guilty of this. Nothing would surprise me, but it's not what I meant.

I didn't know she was a Duck! Where did she grow up? Tell Oregon I miss it!

OT—Go Ducks! She went to high school in Ashland. I believe she spent her younger years in Japan. Her Dad was military and her mom is Japanese. I gave Oregon your message and it misses you back! :)

Matt Lauer Was Pretty Creepy To Sandra Bullock In This 2009 Interview
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/matt-lauer-sandra-bullock-creepy_us_5a2014f3e4b0a8581e6885e0

Matt Lauer’s Icky Interview Of Anne Hathaway Revisited After Firing
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...ited-after-firing_us_5a1fde73e4b037b8ea1fbf23

He's so lewd and inappropriate, he must think about sex ALL the time, that's all women are to him I guess. And he's apparently used to getting away with everything his whole life, really pathetic to watch a grown man behave that way, it's more like one might expect from a rude high schooler or frat boy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back