MATTHEW PERRY DEAD AT 54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow! I wouldn't know how to act in a house like that!

It’s pretty fabulous. From the few photos that were published from Saturday I couldn’t imagine the layout. It seemed smaller and overpriced. After seeing these photos it’s actually *reasonably* priced for the home and the *area*. Shocking but it’s the reality of the market there.

No Fentanyl or Meth in his system, according to inital testing, additional tests screening for other drugs could take 4-6 months, all prescription drugs in home were prescribed to him, and stored in the proper bottles

“The "Dateline NBC" correspondent then included a link to the Matthew Perry Foundation, which aims to continue the actor's "enduring commitment to helping others struggling with the disease of addiction," per its website.”

"Matthew Perry cause of death:

Friends star killed by

ketamine and drowning,

with his death ruled an accident."

:(

His levels were within the range of someone who was recieving monitored medical anesthesia

Source for both posts

His levels were within the range of someone who was recieving monitored medical anesthesia

Source for both posts
I understand.

But ketamine is a drug that is used in anesthesiology.
It is a dissociative drug - it causes a feeling of "detachment from one's own body", which may be accompanied by hallucinations and a feeling of euphoria.
(And, mind you, he was in a kind of pool, and drowned).
:(

Doctors use it to induce general anesthesia during medical procedures that do not require muscle relaxation.

But ketamine is also being studied/used as a treatment for depression.

Last edited:
Matthew Perry died from "the acute effects of ketamine," a drug that is used to treat depression and is also used as a recreational drug.

The Los Angeles County Medical Examiner's Office just released the toxicology report, concluding Perry had taken ketamine infusion therapy for depression and anxiety a week-and-a-half before his death. The ketamine in his system at the time of his death, however, "could not be from that infusion therapy, since ketamine's half-life is 3 to 4 hours, or less."

Source for both posts

So sad. I think a lot of people don't realize that ketamine is, in fact, an anesthetic. There's been so much buzz about how it helps with depression, etc (like a miracle substance).

I don't know that we have any evidence he was abusing it. It's very much available. If he had received it under medical conditions, he might have thought he could manage the same effect, 10 days later. Sounds like the problem was dosage (most people do not die from one dose of street ketamine).

OTOH, he had other health issues in the past, so...Godspeed to him. So sad that he had this kind of pain inside himself.

So sad. I think a lot of people don't realize that ketamine is, in fact, an anesthetic. There's been so much buzz about how it helps with depression, etc (like a miracle substance).

I don't know that we have any evidence he was abusing it. It's very much available. If he had received it under medical conditions, he might have thought he could manage the same effect, 10 days later. Sounds like the problem was dosage (most people do not die from one dose of street ketamine).

OTOH, he had other health issues in the past, so...Godspeed to him. So sad that he had this kind of pain inside himself.
Pretty sure that medical advice would be not to take it when you are alone, and in a hot tub.

JMO

For psych reasons they microdose it. The amount he had in his system was miles beyond that from my understanding

Yeah...IMO it is possible he took it supervised for medical experimentation, or whatever terminology is used, and also privately used it recreationally.
This is my belief too.

When he took it medically it was delivered by IV. The Ketamine they found during autopsy was in his stomach from my understanding.

He may have had a home prescription, but id assume that would've been mentioned, so imo its unlikely.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back